Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Phoenix peeps, need a new alignment shop...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-08, 10:37 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Phoenix peeps, need a new alignment shop...

Been to Jack's a few times now, and don't want to go back. The first time they dropped the back of my car off the jack, didn't cause any immediate damage but possibly led to the failure of the left shock a few weeks later. Last time, I'm not sure what the hell they did. It's felt like it's driving fine but my tires are getting HASHED! Didn't have this problem before, now they're saying they can't do the rear anymore as it will rub. I've got about a full inch to play with still, I just want to go somewhere else (preferrably someone familiar with lowered cars). Any recommendations?
Old 10-14-08, 12:07 PM
Kaiser
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Network alignment on Cave Creek.
Old 10-14-08, 03:23 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow kyle!!! I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with that BS at Jacks. I have had nothing but good experiences with Joel over there at Jacks. Hey we deff. have to get together now that I am back in AZ. Network alignment is good but not great...from my experience. There is also Jordan's alignment on 101 and McDowell but they are not the cheapest around.
Old 10-14-08, 03:34 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, how was your summer Travis? Long time no talk. We gots to get together at some point for sure.

-I might try out this Jordan's place probably just because it's somewhat close to my daily routine. My tires only have like 5k on them this time and they're getting thrashed on the insides. I don't know what the problem is, as that never happened after my last alignment. I got near perfect wear out of the last set of tires. Thanks for the input fellas, if anyone else has had good experiences anywhere let me know.
Old 10-14-08, 03:37 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^Sup Travis!! Nice to see your back, been a while.

Whats so great about alignment anyway? Wouldn't you like replacing your tires every couple months? I've never gotten an alignment since I had the air installed, but now I need rear tires soon .

Whats the difference with these shops you guys mentioned and the other regular tire shops?
Old 10-14-08, 05:04 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I took my car to Gunnels Tire in Mesa which is on the corner of main st and mesa dr. I only went there because my friend referred me to that place as he along with his father(who is a automotive teacher at a high school) have been going there for years and years. Apparently the guy who does alignments there ONLY does alignments and has been doing it for over 20 years. I was pretty suprised that he was able to get 3 of my 4 wheels back to factory camber spec being that I am riding on Espelir springs without a camber kit. They had very good customer service and the guy who did my alignment personally told me how the well alignment went. I paid about $80 for the alignment and my car still drives perfect. All in all, I felt very comfortable having my car in their hands and I will return again for another alignment.
Old 10-14-08, 05:06 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I have a hard time telling my wife I need a $3k a year budget for tires after spending a bunch of time and $ installing a camber kit, having the fenders shaved, and going with a smaller wheel (the justification there was the tires are cheaper...lol), all in order to make my tires last longer. My last set I got about 25k on which is fantastic. I've only got like 5k on this set and they're close to shot, a quick $900-$1000 down the tubes just to drive to work. I can squeeze some more life out of them if I do something now, but yeah. Do you daily drive your GS Ceasar?
Old 10-14-08, 05:10 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Luxor
I took my car to Gunnels Tire in Mesa which is on the corner of main st and mesa dr. I only went there because my friend referred me to that place as he along with his father(who is a automotive teacher at a high school) have been going there for years and years. Apparently the guy who does alignments there ONLY does alignments and has been doing it for over 20 years. I was pretty suprised that he was able to get 3 of my 4 wheels back to factory camber spec being that I am riding on Espelir springs without a camber kit. They had very good customer service and the guy who did my alignment personally told me how the well alignment went. I paid about $80 for the alignment and my car still drives perfect. All in all, I felt very comfortable having my car in their hands and I will return again for another alignment.

That sounds more like it. I'm on Espelir's w/ a daizen camber kit so they should be able to get me well within spec I would hope. Thanks mang!
Old 10-14-08, 05:45 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kyoso23
Yeah, I have a hard time telling my wife I need a $3k a year budget for tires after spending a bunch of time and $ installing a camber kit, having the fenders shaved, and going with a smaller wheel (the justification there was the tires are cheaper...lol), all in order to make my tires last longer. My last set I got about 25k on which is fantastic. I've only got like 5k on this set and they're close to shot, a quick $900-$1000 down the tubes just to drive to work. I can squeeze some more life out of them if I do something now, but yeah. Do you daily drive your GS Ceasar?
Yeah I daily drive it and then some . So the tires see a lot of miles. It just sucks because you are planning on spending $ on other mods and then you can't because you have to buy new tires, get it aligned... .
Old 10-16-08, 07:26 AM
Kaiser
Racer

Originally Posted by BeanTWNSC3
wow kyle!!! I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with that BS at Jacks. I have had nothing but good experiences with Joel over there at Jacks. Hey we deff. have to get together now that I am back in AZ. Network alignment is good but not great...from my experience. There is also Jordan's alignment on 101 and McDowell but they are not the cheapest around.
So you drove from Mesa to Cave Creek and cactus for an alignment?
Old 10-16-08, 11:55 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kaiser
Network alignment on Cave Creek.
Yea, Network is really good IMO. I have taken all my cars there and they have always done a good job. Even re-aligned my car when I had to replace my driver side lower control arm and sway bar end link for free. Well, they offer the 6 month warranty on the alignment but I think the warranty should have been voided when new parts are introduced.
Old 10-17-08, 09:29 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BeanTWNSC3
I have had nothing but good experiences with Joel over there at Jacks. Hey we deff. have to get together now that I am back in AZ.

Second that. Amazing "old school" work.
Old 10-19-08, 06:10 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kaiser
So you drove from Mesa to Cave Creek and cactus for an alignment?
From Tempe...of course whynot?
Old 10-19-08, 11:58 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mex lex
^^^Sup Travis!! Nice to see your back, been a while.

Whats so great about alignment anyway? Wouldn't you like replacing your tires every couple months? I've never gotten an alignment since I had the air installed, but now I need rear tires soon .

Whats the difference with these shops you guys mentioned and the other regular tire shops?
well, jacks is a pitstyle alignment, whereas just about everywhere else is the standard drive over ramps. pitstyles generally benefit those that are extremely low without air.
yeah, network is pretty good also, but once again, i cant make it onto their testing equipment to find out.
goodluck
Charley
Old 10-25-08, 12:57 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

So Gunnell's did my alignment this morning, and wow. It took him most of two hours to get everything within spec. The only thing Jacks had right was my front toe, everything else was out of wack by quite a bit in several directions. I went to the location on Gilbert Road near McKellips. The guy there has been doing it for 37 years! He took several minutes and litterally walked me through everything he did and why (and I didn't even ask). The car is now aligned well within spec and it drives great. Thanks for the referals guys, but please believe I will not return to Jack's. I would recommend Gunnell's to anyone after this experience.

Quick Reply: Phoenix peeps, need a new alignment shop...