Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

HELP - Need body shop/mechanic in Phoenix, AZ

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-08, 05:23 PM
recha12d
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - Need body shop/mechanic in Phoenix, AZ

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post in but I just moved to Phoenix from California and on the drive over, my front bumper inhaled a tire shred on the freeway. Can anyone recommend a good body shop out here in the Phoenix area? The only good one I know is back in CA and I'm not going to drive 6 hours just to get my bumper restored. I need to get the bumper repainted and patched up with fiberglass. I also need the shop to install my Piaa fogs too.

I drive a 01 GS430 with the Xplosion kit all around.
Old 11-01-08, 09:39 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you want a really good shop, go to scotts coach works, google them. youll know its a good shop once you see all the cars in their bay. they may or may not do it for you, but its worth a shot. ask to speak with mr. scott. tell him charley sent you.
goodluck

Charley
Old 11-01-08, 11:01 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch man that sucks. Good luck, I hope you can get your bumper fixed. By the way, welcome to AZ! Any pics of your GS? Maybe you can make it out to our future meets.
Old 11-02-08, 03:13 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

It is in your best interest to call Tim at 480-580-8780. Private owned shop that does mostly custom work. But his OEM work is amazing! Tell him Steve with the gold Lexus sent you.
Old 11-02-08, 07:25 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shern
It is in your best interest to call Tim at 480-580-8780. Private owned shop that does mostly custom work. But his OEM work is amazing! Tell him Steve with the gold Lexus sent you.

I've seen examples of his work on this car and it is flawless!!!: Don't hesitate to call this guy. :thumbup
Old 11-02-08, 02:53 PM
recha12d
Pole Position

Alright thanks for the 2 tips. I'll definitely check out Scott's and BNW Auto Body.

Do you guys have any suggestions for mechanics to get my oil change done? My past mechanic only used Mobil 1 Synthetic SW30 and did it every 5k miles.

Here are a couple pics of my GS at a past Club Lexus meet in LA:
Old 11-02-08, 04:44 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you just want you're oil changed don't hesitate to bring it on down to the shop... P&H Protection in chandler...we mainly specialize in clearbra, window tint, and glass replacement. However we do have a full lift and oil catch bin. We usually have Mobil 1 in stock at the shop. 480-452-3076 my name is Travis, and Binh Truong is the owner. On a sidenote Tim at BNW did my 97+ front bumper on my SC and his work is top notch and fair priced definite :thumbup!
Old 11-03-08, 02:18 PM
csq860
Pole Position

Hey welcome to AZ, I've been taking my GS400 to the guys at Motortek for awhile now and have had nothing but good experiences. The shop is in Mesa on Main St. near Dobson Rd. and the owners Edip and John are Lexus enthusiasts. Also you can go to the Narpro website and register for free and get 10% off all parts and labor which doesn't amount to much for an oil change but helps plenty with a timing belt change. Good luck.
Old 12-30-08, 07:49 PM
recha12d
Pole Position

Originally Posted by csq860
Hey welcome to AZ, I've been taking my GS400 to the guys at Motortek for awhile now and have had nothing but good experiences. The shop is in Mesa on Main St. near Dobson Rd. and the owners Edip and John are Lexus enthusiasts. Also you can go to the Narpro website and register for free and get 10% off all parts and labor which doesn't amount to much for an oil change but helps plenty with a timing belt change. Good luck.
Thanks for the suggestion. I went to Motortek this morning to get an oil change done on my GS. I'm very satisfied with the price and the quality of the work they do. They did a 27 point inspection and pointed out a couple things on my car that needs to be done due to normal wear and tear and I will be dropping it off Saturday morning to finish up their recommendation list.