Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Official Arizona members thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-13, 10:32 PM
cros1706
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post corys sc400 new member

Hi my name is cory i bought my first lexus at my buddy's impound lot. 2200 for it and at the time i didnt know what this car had to offer. Until i opened the hood and seen a 4 cam 32 valve v8 glaring at me. I got it for $1400 it was rough.. the idle was really low. AC blew hot. no radio. Low on coolant. It sat in that impound lot for 8 months do to waiting for the title to come in. Anyways since then iv rewired the whole stereo system put a cheap poineer deck in it. recharged the AC. put all new fluids in it. cleaned throttle body bought new battery. Fixed odd ball stuff as well. I bought it with 3 sporza saga 20's and im unemployed and cant afford the other 20 for now. but i hope i can get stock wheels for it soon. This explains why the 16 is on the car in the pic... anyways thats me and i love cars iv owned 20 cars so far and this one is the best yet.
Attached Thumbnails Official Arizona members thread-front-of-lexus.jpg   Official Arizona members thread-engine-of-lexus.jpg   Official Arizona members thread-interior-of-lexus.jpg   Official Arizona members thread-lexus-side.jpg   Official Arizona members thread-cory.jpg  

Old 04-29-13, 01:49 PM
6sick6
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cros1706
Hi my name is cory i bought my first lexus at my buddy's impound lot. 2200 for it and at the time i didnt know what this car had to offer. Until i opened the hood and seen a 4 cam 32 valve v8 glaring at me. I got it for $1400 it was rough.. the idle was really low. AC blew hot. no radio. Low on coolant. It sat in that impound lot for 8 months do to waiting for the title to come in. Anyways since then iv rewired the whole stereo system put a cheap poineer deck in it. recharged the AC. put all new fluids in it. cleaned throttle body bought new battery. Fixed odd ball stuff as well. I bought it with 3 sporza saga 20's and im unemployed and cant afford the other 20 for now. but i hope i can get stock wheels for it soon. This explains why the 16 is on the car in the pic... anyways thats me and i love cars iv owned 20 cars so far and this one is the best yet.
Welcome man! Nice find. Any plans for it yet?
Old 04-29-13, 04:43 PM
cros1706
Driver School Candidate

Well i want to get all the dent's out and repaint it. Also fix the door panels....iv owned turbo eclipses with a couple grand in them and the build quality compared to i suppose any lexus is just childish lmao. the sunroof when tilted doesnt rattle. The road noise is so bad in eclipses and the lexus is so much better at alot of things. iv had alot of people tell me to do a 5 speed swap and honestly i dont really want to since i like just cruising but i plan on getting a later model later on then i will go 5 speed on this one. The sc300 is so much cheaper and easier to mod then the v8. i want the straight 6 but then again the v8 is a great motor... im never getting rid of this car for real. i would love a supercharger for it. It will have to wait until i get another job... I hope arizona has some ample amount of people that go to meets.
Old 04-30-13, 08:59 AM
AZTurbo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice find and welcome!
Old 05-02-13, 01:14 PM
6sick6
Pole Position

Well i want to get all the dent's out and repaint it. Also fix the door panels....iv owned turbo eclipses with a couple grand in them and the build quality compared to i suppose any lexus is just childish lmao. the sunroof when tilted doesnt rattle. The road noise is so bad in eclipses and the lexus is so much better at alot of things. iv had alot of people tell me to do a 5 speed swap and honestly i dont really want to since i like just cruising but i plan on getting a later model later on then i will go 5 speed on this one. The sc300 is so much cheaper and easier to mod then the v8. i want the straight 6 but then again the v8 is a great motor... im never getting rid of this car for real. i would love a supercharger for it. It will have to wait until i get another job... I hope arizona has some ample amount of people that go to meets.
The meets are hit or miss out here. I used to have a 96 eclipse and now I've got an 06 is350 so I know what u mean haha. Let me know when u wana get workin on the paint and body work on the sc. I'm a painter at a shop in the east valley
Old 05-02-13, 08:25 PM
cros1706
Driver School Candidate

Default sc300

Sounds great man i agree with the eclipse deal. I only went to one meet then a car show. Its frustrating trying to cruise or hang with anyone these days... You got a nice car also! Like i said before the quality that the eclipses have are nothing compared to lexus. It may be a bad comparison to most.
Old 05-03-13, 06:37 PM
mccrimmon
Lead Lap

Arizona summer nights are perfect for car meets... no one putting any together in the Phx area? I'm down here in Tucson but if there was a good meet I'd definitely make time to drive up. Any PHX car shows coming up?
Old 05-04-13, 02:00 PM
cros1706
Driver School Candidate

Default sc

None that i know of.. I have searched for people that go to meet's on here and the last one i have seen is back in 2009...
Old 05-20-13, 10:56 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

not sure if they still meet there but Tempe Market Place Best Buy parking lot @ 7:30 was last i knew of on Wednesday nights. never been there but would be nice to get some Lexus' together
Old 05-21-13, 08:19 AM
blackANESE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
not sure if they still meet there but Tempe Market Place Best Buy parking lot @ 7:30 was last i knew of on Wednesday nights. never been there but would be nice to get some Lexus' together
We haven't done one in a while. Not sure if anymore or planned anytime soon.
Old 05-21-13, 12:21 PM
6sick6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
Sure looks like we got about 4 or 5 people right here that wana meet up! We should definitely plan somethin soon guys!
Old 05-22-13, 11:58 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 6sick6
Sure looks like we got about 4 or 5 people right here that wana meet up! We should definitely plan somethin soon guys!
Meet will be held at Drew's house. All beverage and food will be provided by him as well haha
Old 05-23-13, 02:09 PM
6sick6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Silec
Meet will be held at Drew's house. All beverage and food will be provided by him as well haha
Whoa now! Hey 90% of the guys on here can't make it over my speed bumps!
Old 06-01-13, 01:26 AM
Jerell
Driver School Candidate

There are always quite a few meets going on out here in AZ but not many "Lexus only meets" I know of. Summer nights are amazing out here. We should all get together sometime soon
Old 06-01-13, 01:52 AM
Jerell
Driver School Candidate

Hello AZ, my name is Jerell. Im part of Lowballers, and have a shop locally that offers auto accessories, and fender rolling services. Here are a few pics of "White Girl" its a 98 2GS white with black interior. Many future plans, It goes in for paint next Mon, and my clazzio seat covers are on the way Glad to finally be a part of the Lexus community
Attached Thumbnails Official Arizona members thread-gs3.jpg   Official Arizona members thread-gs2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Official Arizona members thread