Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Phoenix area.....need a paint/body shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-09, 10:59 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ilocke
Hey guys, here are the results from going to Tim at BNW Autobody. This is my new Wald trunk spoiler molded to the trunk, plus he debadged the "Lexus" and "IS350" and color matched the "L".
Wow that looks sharp, I'm diggin the Wald spoiler. I definately need to debadge both rides . The finished product looks like Tim's usual awesome work, are you satisfied with his quality?
Old 06-29-09, 11:22 PM
ilocke
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KNEXX
Now that's nasty.... more pics please
Haha, sorry, I don't have many others to showcase the Wald. Here's one more.

Here's an overall pic of the car as it sits now.

And here's one of the interior. I wrapped the wood trim with carbon fiber (I did, not Tim).

Originally Posted by Iocca
i think i saw u driving down camelback not too long ago. i was in a 3rd gen white gs with black wheels.
Hmm, I don't think so, unless you saw me before I got the spoiler. I just got it done and took the 202 straight home and I haven't been on Camelback since.

Originally Posted by mex lex
Wow that looks sharp, I'm diggin the Wald spoiler. I definately need to debadge both rides . The finished product looks like Tim's usual awesome work, are you satisfied with his quality?
I am MORE than satisfied with the body work. It looks flawless and when I saw it, I was like:

The paint is good except for one area. I'm sort of a perfectionist when it comes to this and on the lower portion of the spoiler (where it meets the decklid), the paint is "bubbled" (looks like it was too wet and collected down under the spoiler). You can't see it unless you either bend down and look for it, or open the trunk and look for it. I'd say on a scale of 100, it's a 95. It would be a 100 if that bubbling wasn't there.

Not a huge deal, but I will be mentioning it to see if he can sand it down or do anything about it when I take my car to him to get more work done.
Old 06-30-09, 12:16 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ilocke
I am MORE than satisfied with the body work. It looks flawless and when I saw it, I was like:

The paint is good except for one area. I'm sort of a perfectionist when it comes to this and on the lower portion of the spoiler (where it meets the decklid), the paint is "bubbled" (looks like it was too wet and collected down under the spoiler). You can't see it unless you either bend down and look for it, or open the trunk and look for it. I'd say on a scale of 100, it's a 95. It would be a 100 if that bubbling wasn't there.

Not a huge deal, but I will be mentioning it to see if he can sand it down or do anything about it when I take my car to him to get more work done.
Nice, another happy customer from Tim. I'm glad that you are more than happy. Yeah, if you mention the little flaw to him, he will definately take care of it for you. Be sure to bring her out for the next meet
Old 07-02-09, 10:30 PM
recha12d
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twestman
Auto Body World over near Baseline and Recker. They do pretty spot on work. They're a collision center, if that's what you're looking for
I hit a tire shred on the freeway and got my front Xplosion bumper redone at Auto Body World in Gilbert and they did an ok job. I had to bring the car back a second time a couple weeks later because there were some things I didn't like about it but they couldn't get it to 100% of my satisfaction nor to match what it looked like prior to the accident because it's not OEM bumper. I give them a 4/10.

Down the line, I got rear ended at a stop light and took my GS to Advanced Auto Body in Tempe and they did a FABULOUS job. I could not complain. Did more than what I expected. I highly recommend this shop over Auto Body World. John helped me out and he was extremely friendly and provided great service. 10/10
Old 07-03-09, 11:11 PM
KNEXX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice... nothing better than a clean black car. Any plans for wheels or suspension in the near future?