Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Phoenix, AZ: Carwash recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-09, 10:05 AM
Lexminster
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix, AZ: Carwash recommendations?

Sup AZ,

I'm looking forward to the May 30th meet...can't wait to see all the slick whips and meet all of you. In preparation, I need to get my car washed and waxed. Do you any of you know of any places that do quality work?

I work in Scottsdale, so there are many places around here that will do a great job while taking you to the cleaners at the same time. I used to go to Scottsdale Auto Salon, but I'm boycotting them since their workers are so petty that they steal my change (even the pennies) out of my ash tray every trip <---- come on, man!! That is just ridiculous.

So if any of you know of a good joint, I'd greatly appreciate the referral.

Thanks in advance.

See you on the 30th!

Ciao
Old 05-22-09, 10:45 AM
Iocca
Lead Lap

lol thats the most rediculous thing ive ever heard, stealing the change??!!

the best car wash i have found is your own driveway. buy yourself a bunch of microfiber towels, a bucket, some car soap (i use ice, but will probably switch to miguiars when its empty) and a miguiars 3 stage paint cleaning kit to get rid of the swirl marks the last car washes have put on your car (scratch remover, polish, wax), some window cleaner, and a nice tire shine. I usually keep a bottle of quick detailer in my car with 2 microfiber cloths as well.

I dont trust car washes with my cars, even on the "hand wash" they use rough looking brushes to clean the bugs off the front of the car, then they use buckets of soap that they have been using all day with god only knows how many dirty cars, they use the same towels, even after they fall on the floor, you have to hope they dont steal anything out of your car, and they never get it cleaned all the way.

I live in a condo and dont have a driveway, so i go to the do it your self wash on hayden just south of osborne, i bring my own bucket and soap, and just use their power washer. cost me 3 bucks, and i know its getting done right
Old 05-22-09, 11:05 AM
KNEXX
Lead Lap

LMAO!!! but I'm sorry to hear that. I recently took my car to Hot Shots near the biltmore. They did a great job-plus its hand washed. Then there is Bernies on the southside =/ but they're good and dont steal your change. Honestly the best service I've had...

Hot Shots 602.265.1440
Old 05-22-09, 06:35 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Iocca
lol thats the most rediculous thing ive ever heard, stealing the change??!!
Really? I had it happen to me because my car was in for service at the dealer and they had their guys take it in to the car wash they sub to (against my wishes). They got every single coin in the ashtray. I got a free oil change from the dealer because of it. I realize that it's a crime of opportunity, but if working at a car wash isn't paying the bills, perhaps it's time to rethink your situation, not steal from the people who are paying for the service. I'd look to management to control that. There should be at least someone making sure it doesn't happen on a regular basis. I know when I ran my detail shop, I did a full inventory of the contents of the vehicle before the employees started on it. I would not allow a thieving employee to damage mine or my technicians' reputations.

Originally Posted by Iocca
the best car wash i have found is your own driveway. buy yourself a bunch of microfiber towels, a bucket, some car soap (i use ice, but will probably switch to miguiars when its empty) and a miguiars 3 stage paint cleaning kit to get rid of the swirl marks the last car washes have put on your car (scratch remover, polish, wax), some window cleaner, and a nice tire shine. I usually keep a bottle of quick detailer in my car with 2 microfiber cloths as well.

I dont trust car washes with my cars, even on the "hand wash" they use rough looking brushes to clean the bugs off the front of the car, then they use buckets of soap that they have been using all day with god only knows how many dirty cars, they use the same towels, even after they fall on the floor, you have to hope they dont steal anything out of your car, and they never get it cleaned all the way.

I live in a condo and dont have a driveway, so i go to the do it your self wash on hayden just south of osborne, i bring my own bucket and soap, and just use their power washer. cost me 3 bucks, and i know its getting done right
I agree with you here. A good hand wash in the driveway or late night at the coin op (since most don't like you to bucket wash) is much preferred to taking it in. If you simply cannot do that, I have heard good things about Jensen's. First detail is 25% off, and they'll come get it from you. $150 total (according to the site) and that's a lot of services for the $$. Two of my friends have used them, and said the car looked and smelled fantastic once they were done. I haven't given them a try, as I don't live up there, but I may see about it if I just don't feel like doing it.

Big Mack
Old 05-26-09, 11:34 AM
Lexminster
Rookie

Thanks for the feedback guys...see you on Saturday....wooooooooooooord.