Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Dyno Comp in Scottsdale AZ is a great shop for me and my modified Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-09, 10:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Dyno Comp in Scottsdale AZ is a great shop for me and my modified Lexus

I just wanted to give my fellow AZ members a heads up on a shop, that is no stranger to publicity, called Dynocomp. They are a solid performance shop that specializes in high end cars. They work on modified benzs, Ferraris, vettes, Porsches, and Lamborghinis as well as the more common tuner cars and even modern muscle cars like Vettes and Ford GT. They have been featured in several tuner magazines including modified luxury and exotic as well as in the sport compact magazines for their amazing Subaru STI. The owner, manager, and all of the staff are very friendly, professional, and do great work. They are also reasonably priced in terms of labor rates. I have had my coilovers and EDFC installed there and have had the car in for more than a few height adjustments. They even have a in house 2 or 4 wheel dyno in house. I like going there because the staff is great and you always end up meeting cool enthusiasts who are modifying high end cars.

Last time I was there I saw an original Porsche spider, M5 with a super charger, C63 that was getting software/ECU retune, TT G35 coupe, and a Monster STI with 700 hp ( Viper Killer package).The shop has actually built one of the fastest STI's I have ever seen. It was actually featured in a Best Motoring video and was pitted against the Mines GTR because it destroyed its competition. In the end their STI lost to the Mines GTR because the Japanese driver driving the Dynocomp STI was a clown and didnt know how to enter a turn without explosive understeer.

Bottom line if you guys are in the Phoenix area and you want a trust worthy shop to seriously tune your car, get new wheels, or just a nice drop they are the shop to check out.

http://dyno-comp.com/
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Comp in Scottsdale AZ is a great shop for me and my modified Lexus-img_0012.jpg   Dyno Comp in Scottsdale AZ is a great shop for me and my modified Lexus-img_0008.jpg   Dyno Comp in Scottsdale AZ is a great shop for me and my modified Lexus-img_0019.jpg   Dyno Comp in Scottsdale AZ is a great shop for me and my modified Lexus-img_0037.jpg   Dyno Comp in Scottsdale AZ is a great shop for me and my modified Lexus-img_0025.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 10-16-09 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-17-09, 08:22 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad you've had a positive experience there with Richard. I on the other hand will never consider Dynocomp a reputable shop. I have personally had bad experience with them, and have many quality friends with negative experiences. To each their own. I have noticed them stepping their game up to quality builds as opposed to their traditional EcuTek STI. And as far as prices go they are unreasonable. Best of luck and I'm glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with Dynocomp. I will never become a Dynocomp fanboy sorry...
Old 10-17-09, 10:16 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BeanTWNSC3
I'm glad you've had a positive experience there with Richard. I on the other hand will never consider Dynocomp a reputable shop. I have personally had bad experience with them, and have many quality friends with negative experiences. To each their own. I have noticed them stepping their game up to quality builds as opposed to their traditional EcuTek STI. And as far as prices go they are unreasonable. Best of luck and I'm glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with Dynocomp. I will never become a Dynocomp fanboy sorry...
Old 10-19-09, 01:09 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

who in az works on your cars???
Old 10-19-09, 01:18 AM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
who in az works on your cars???
Mostly myself....however there are a few reputable shops depending on certain criteria. Tuning hands down goes to Tony over at UMS.
Old 10-19-09, 07:41 PM
Big C
Pole Position

Tuning hands down goes to Tony over at UMS.
I agree. I've had Tony do several tunes for me. Great guy to deal with and very knowledgeable.
Old 10-23-09, 10:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

UMS??? Never hear of them. I will look them up
Old 10-24-09, 02:55 PM
Kaiser
Racer

UMS is great for import tunes. Met Tony a couple of times, he knows AEM EMS back and forward. They actually bought the old APEX motorsports in Tempe IIRC.

Need a domestic tuner I've got a couple great recommendations too.
Old 11-17-09, 12:35 PM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Who in AZ do you recommend for suspension alignments and things like Control Arm Bushing replacements?

I'll be moving to Prescott before January.
Old 11-18-09, 12:53 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NemeGuero
Who in AZ do you recommend for suspension alignments and things like Control Arm Bushing replacements?

I'll be moving to Prescott before January.
John and Edip at Motortek in Mesa did my Daizen control arm bushings. Stand up guys, do very good work. Tell them Cesar sent you. Whoever you go to, make sure they get more than enough lube on the bushings.

http://www.motortekaz.com/

And I can't go without mentioning Kyoei USA. He can get anything OEM, custom, accessories and especially JDM for you Lexus.

http://kyoei-usa.com/
Old 11-18-09, 02:38 PM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

How much did they charge you for install?
Old 11-18-09, 09:39 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NemeGuero
How much did they charge you for install?
It was 700-750 for install, cant remember exactly. But the labor was also for new balljoints, tie rods, Daizen steering rack bushings, and alignment.