Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Interest in another Dallas Meet with PHR Turbo IS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-02, 08:34 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timeline for the Meet

Ok guys it looks like we have some more details on the Dallas Meet. The meet will begin at 9 AM and end at 2-3 PM. Powerhouse Racing will provide refreshments throughout the day. Obviously it gets very hot in Dallas, so that is why the end of the meet will be a take it as it goes thing.

A couple of questions.

1. Where are most of you coming from so I can post directions and maps to Powerhouse Racing.

2. Do any of you guys have interest in dynoing your car?

Please ask questions if you want, and also if you could plan on definitely attending just post it up baby. I will give more info as it becomes available.
Old 08-06-02, 04:36 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Meet sheets

Turbo - Looks like I'll make it so I'll be coming from Dallas (Plano) so any kind of map showing where in FW the site is located will work for me.

Also, here is something that we used at the last Dallas meet - I'll volunteer to make these if attendees are interested. I would need for them to pm me with the appropriate information. The sheets were put into a plastic sheet protector with strip magnets (on the inside of the plastic, so it didn't scratch the car) and we stuck them on any metal part (top of radiator) showing with the hood raised. It's intended to show the car's mods. Here is a sample of tinygs's sheet. Let me know if you'd like to do this.
Attached Thumbnails Interest in another Dallas Meet with PHR Turbo IS?-dallas-meet-tinygs.jpg  
Old 08-07-02, 09:01 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Default Re: Meet sheets

Originally posted by garnet92
Turbo - Looks like I'll make it so I'll be coming from Dallas (Plano) so any kind of map showing where in FW the site is located will work for me.

Also, here is something that we used at the last Dallas meet - I'll volunteer to make these if attendees are interested. I would need for them to pm me with the appropriate information. The sheets were put into a plastic sheet protector with strip magnets (on the inside of the plastic, so it didn't scratch the car) and we stuck them on any metal part (top of radiator) showing with the hood raised. It's intended to show the car's mods. Here is a sample of tinygs's sheet. Let me know if you'd like to do this.
I think that would work well. Let me know what you decide.
Old 08-07-02, 09:03 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Ok, we have more details now. I know everyone will be interested in dyno'ing their car, so Powerhouse Racing has agreed to charge only $20 for 2 pulls on the dyno! They normally charge $90 for 3 pulls, so this is a great deal.

Snacks and drinks will be provided, in addition to lunch for all those showing up at the meet. That is refreshing!

Also, I am working on trying to get Lowrider magazine to make an appearance at the show! So, get those cars looking pretty!
Old 08-07-02, 09:40 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Sounds like a winner! Hey. How come you didn't make it to Hot Import Nights Saturday here in Dallas? And by the way, there was this crazy Blue (Pepsi sponsored) IS in the show! :eek:
And how many people do we have so far planning to attend?
Old 08-07-02, 12:12 PM
fever
Lead Lap

I'm in! Do we have an address for their location?
Old 08-07-02, 03:23 PM
Eddy
Driver School Candidate

Turbo,

Is the dyno only for Lexus'? I have a miata that I just dropped a turbo in running at 6psi and i'm curious what numbers its pulling. I may be running 10psi by then as well.
If so, i'll be there..

Marcus,
hey whats up? John told me you were at HIN, i tried to go but couldnt justify paying $27.50 for tickets. Heard you're getting a new 350Z. You gotta let me check that out when you get it
Old 08-07-02, 03:50 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Eddy
Turbo,

Is the dyno only for Lexus'? I have a miata that I just dropped a turbo in running at 6psi and i'm curious what numbers its pulling. I may be running 10psi by then as well.
If so, i'll be there..

Marcus,
hey whats up? John told me you were at HIN, i tried to go but couldnt justify paying $27.50 for tickets. Heard you're getting a new 350Z. You gotta let me check that out when you get it
Hey what's up Ed! HIN was off the hook! And yes, I am counting the days for delivery of the Z! I'm sure they'll dyno your car if you like. Like Turbo said "$20 for 2 pulls."
Old 08-07-02, 08:54 PM
Eddy
Driver School Candidate

i'll be there if I can dyno
Old 08-08-02, 10:02 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Eddy, bring the car I am sure they won't be difficult.
Old 08-08-02, 10:05 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Ok here is who I has said they will make it:

CamRen
Static911 - Ethan
BigJoeD
Rico's Revenge
tinygs
sOsoLoD_IS
TXSTYLE
garnet92
Erfan
fever
Eddy
boredguy77
damnboy
ES3000

The list looks good, but lets pulls some more guys! Anyone else, because I think IS300.net may beat you guys?
By the way, I am working on getting directions posted as soon as possible.

Edit: Added BLW, boredguy77, damnboy, ES3000

Last edited by Turbo'd_Wxman; 08-13-02 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-08-02, 10:58 AM
BLW
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will Try

Trying to keep my schedule open so that I can make it. I'll be the one with my 10 year old son. He is definitley a bigger car nut than I was at his age. Just need the address for the meet. I hope you GS4 guys will let me hear your exhausts and intakes in action.
Old 08-08-02, 11:26 PM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

Im In, and my unmodded sc
Old 08-09-02, 08:00 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

BLW and boredguy77, we are looking forward to seeing you!
Old 08-09-02, 09:12 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

For those of you who will be staying at a hotel, I was able to secure a group rate at:

SUPER 8 MOTEL - North Fort Worth
5225 N. Beach Street
Fort Worth, TX, 76137, US
817-222-0892 Fax: 817-222-1910
Toll Free Reservations 1-800-800-8000

They offered $55 plus tax for a double bed room and $45 plus tax for a single bed room. That seems like a pretty reasonable deal. $27.50 plus tax if we go two deep per room. Let me know if you guys are going to go this route. If you decide to make reservations just let them know you are with the group attending the Lexus Meet on August 17.

Quick Reply: Interest in another Dallas Meet with PHR Turbo IS?