Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Interest in another Dallas Meet with PHR Turbo IS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-02, 12:45 AM
ES3000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We need to have more club meets. But I will be there with three lexus. Please let me know if I can help with this event.
Old 08-13-02, 01:36 AM
V8 Killer
Driver School Candidate

Hey All,

Its my first post here but figured I'd introduce myself before the meet this weekend. If anyone has any questions about the meet just let me know and I'll try to answer them if Mark doesn't.

I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you this weekend at the meet, its going to be a lot of fun.

Mark, do you want me to try to come up with a better map? Also, let me know if there's any other way I can be of assistance.

Next year I'd like the Lexus meet to be like the Supra meet, which I have 3 years of sponsoring experience with. The Texas 2002 National Supra Meet drew 250+ Supras (considering only 12,000 MKIV Supras were brought to the USA that's an awesome number!!). We had Supras from 25 states & 3 countries. We made an entire weekend out of it with Dyno on Friday, Road Racing & Group Dinner on Saturday, and Drag Racing & Raffle Drawing on Sunday. I made calls to Blitz & HKS & both companies sponsored the meet as well as several other names. We also produced a professional 2+ hour DVD of the event. A meet like this takes months of advanced planning but is quite a feeling to pull off. Imagine how many Lexuses we could get...we managed to get 2% off all Supras here at one time...imagine just .2% off all Lexuses!

Regards,

Dusty
Old 08-13-02, 03:14 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
Hey where's Jacob T.???????????
I e-mailed him over the weekend, but he already has plans for this coming weekend....Too bad.....
Old 08-13-02, 11:58 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Ok, here is the updated list of those attending from Clublexus.com:

CamRen
Static911 - Ethan
BigJoeD
Rico's Revenge
tinygs
sOsoLoD_IS
TXSTYLE
garnet92
Erfan
fever
Eddy
boredguy77
damnboy
ES3000
UTGS400
Dohc3l

Am I missing any? Surely we can get more of our Texas Clbulexus.com guys to attend!

Edit: Added UTGS400, Dohc3l

Last edited by Turbo'd_Wxman; 08-14-02 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-13-02, 12:00 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

New details again... I just spoke with Jarrett at Powerhouse Racing a little while ago to finalize many of the details. There have been some concerns about the heat, so PHR will have 3 tents for people to stand or sit under. I would highly recommend everyone bringing those fold out chairs to sit on since PHR will not have enough. They are also attempting to get a hold of one of those mist fans to help keep us cool. I am bringing one of those fan squirt bottles to keep me cool. If you want one, go to any drug store to pick one up.

As mentioned many times, food and refreshments will be provided.

Now for the dyno!!! If you plan on dyno'ing your car, there will be a sign-up sheet at the meet. Therefore, remember the line to get on the dyno will build up fast. If you care to get your car on the dyno early, I would recommend getting there as close to the 9 AM start as possible.

Anyone who has been to a meet knows that the question, "What mods do you have for your car" comes up all the time. Well, a clublexus.com member is making mod sheets for the cars!!! I am pumped about this. Anyway, all you need to do is email him at ebonnecaze@msn.com with a mod list for your car including:
--Year/Model of your Lexus
--Exterior/Interior Color
--Suspension Mods
--Wheels/Tires Mods
--Body Mods
--Interior Upgrades
--Performance Mods
He will then hand them out at the show!!!

I am heading to DFW on Thursday, so I will try to post from PHR or have Dusty monitor the thread. We are going to do a few things to my car, so it will likely have more rwhp at the show.

Finally, there is going to be another PHR Turbo IS300 there. There is talk that it is a 6-speed turbo IS300.
Old 08-13-02, 12:04 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

Sounds like a Winner! See you guys there!
Old 08-13-02, 12:09 PM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Turbo'd_Wxman
Am I missing any? Surely we can get more of our Texas Clbulexus.com guys to attend!
I'll be there.

Last edited by UTGS400; 08-13-02 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-13-02, 03:04 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by UTGS400

I'll be there.
Got you bud and we are looking forward to meeting you.
Old 08-13-02, 09:36 PM
V8 Killer
Driver School Candidate

Here's the link to the directions I came up with. Its still not the greatest but I think everyone should be able to find us.
http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/merchant/directions.htm

If anyone has any other questions just let me know.

Regards,

Dusty
Old 08-14-02, 12:07 AM
Dohc3l
Rookie

I'll be there
Old 08-14-02, 08:43 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Dohc3l, glad to have you aboard pal. I am looking forward to meeting you this weekend.

Dusty, much love for the maps. As I said on is300.net, since you show times times in the signature, we all want to see the ride this weekend!
Old 08-14-02, 09:14 AM
V8 Killer
Driver School Candidate

Marc...I'll see what I can do to make sure at least one of my Supras is at the meet. One is stuck in the stereo shop right now, one is in paint, one has no engine, but the other ones...hmmm...I'll see what I can do.

Regards,

Dusty
Old 08-14-02, 09:55 AM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, I quickly skimmed through everything and could not find a starting time. What time is this thing expected to start??
Old 08-14-02, 10:49 AM
V8 Killer
Driver School Candidate

9am so we can get some dynos in before it 100 degrees.

Regards,

Dusty
Old 08-14-02, 04:28 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Ok guys, well I am off to Fort Worth in the morning. I will be at the Super 8 from Thursday night through Sunday morning. I will try to check the forum Thursday and Friday to answer any questions I can and pass along any updates we have. I am PUMPED about this meet. As of right now we are looking at 17 clublexus.com members and 18 is300.net members. Two of us are on both lists (including me). So, as of Wednesday, we have 33 Lexus cars confirmed to show at the meet!!!! This is gonna be sick!

Any way, I am really looking forward to hanging out with the group and I may even give some of you rides at the show.

If any of you are going to be in town Friday night and want to party with the group, pm me with you number and I will call you and let you know what the plan is. If not, cya Saturday and we will hit the city Saturday night too.

Talk to you soon!!!

Quick Reply: Interest in another Dallas Meet with PHR Turbo IS?