Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Really could use some help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-10, 06:53 PM
RaceNaked
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really could use some help!

Well i bought my sc300 last month everything worked great ran fine last weekend i was driving and my tranny acted up now it does it every now and again. Im not very mechanically inclined and dont have alot of spare money. So i could really use some help wether its from one of you or if u know someone who can help me get my car back and going good for a decent price. Im currently selling it for a low price with this prob but if i can fix it for a decent amount i will do so. im hopfully moving soon thats why im selling it trying to get some bills paid off. So please someone help me. Thanks

ps ill explain the prob in more detail if someone can help. id rather explain over the phone.
Old 09-17-10, 09:29 PM
hotshot27
Driver School Candidate

you are selling the black singled SC? there are a few salvage yards in town that carry transmissions for our cars. LKQ has some already pulled for i think $300 and there was a guy on craigslist about two weeks ago that wanted $250 for a very low miles one. Install at a shop shouldnt be more than 200-400.

THAT BEING SAID, the NA sc300 trans is not meant for the kind of power that car is producing. it will do the same thing again if you dont either turn down the boost or build a transmission to hold the power.
Old 09-17-10, 10:05 PM
RaceNaked
Driver School Candidate

Thats the thing this was a built tranny so idk what happend. Im fine with turning down the boost thats no biggy at all. Just was seeing if i could fix it for cheaper. thanks for the help and the info . Kinda was hoping it wasnt a major deal. I called boost logic who made the tranny and they said it probably just needs the tranny filter changed. but idk.....

Yes i am selling that by the way!