Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Who is from Austin, TX??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-02, 12:39 PM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by SCWells72

I also talked to the service manager at John Roberts about other non-L-Tuned mods such as the TC, LSD, etc., and he told me with each part the portion of the warranty it'd void. He also said that the day my warranty runs out he'd recommend putting it all on if I'm planning to keep the car! We'll see...

TRD Mods should also be covered under your cars warranty. The TRD LSD should not void any part of you warranty according to the people I have talked to at John Roberts.
Old 07-30-02, 12:56 PM
SCWells72
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by UTGS400

TRD Mods should also be covered under your cars warranty. The TRD LSD should not void any part of you warranty according to the people I have talked to at John Roberts.
Well, depends on the part. My TRD sways and LCB are under the warranty, but some TRD parts actually aren't covered. Unfortunately the LSD is included in this category. There used to be a clear breakdown of what is and isn't covered on TRD's site, but I can't find it right now.

If I find it I'll post up the link or text. I'd love to be found wrong on this point...don't get me wrong...but I'm pretty sure that the LSD is one of those items that affects the factory warranty.
Old 07-30-02, 01:42 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Whats up UTGS400??? I am an Austinite as well.......
Looks like there are quite a few CL members here in Austin...
Although, we have yet to get BananaGS(Anh) or SCWells to attend one of our meets??
hahahahahah J/K guys!
Old 07-30-02, 01:42 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Don't Forget Craig W.

Craig Werlin's also from the Austin area. He MIGHT have his T/C installed by now & maybe his intake. Haven't heard from him lately but at last PM his nitrous system was doing just fine on his GS4!!
Old 07-30-02, 02:46 PM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

I meet Craig and JacobT last time we had a small austin meet, Craig had the TC, LSD 3.73 and NOS in place at that time =)

Last edited by BananaGS; 07-30-02 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-30-02, 08:59 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

craig's got NOS? where was the giant writeup!!??
Old 07-31-02, 03:17 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by BananaGS
I meet Craig and JacobT last time we had a small austin meet, Craig had the TC, LSD 3.73 and NOS in place at that time =)
What a coincidence.... I was e-mailing back and forth with Craig earlier today....
The NOS that he is running is a transplant from his Cobra. He fabricated a few key parts to insure a good/correct fit for the GS. Its a 90 shot, and coupled with TC and 3.73 rear end he is banging the limiter big time from 1-2, and 2-3........
UTGS4? By the way, Craig is a super cool guy, and has alot of good insight about cars!!!!
We DEFINITELY need to have either an Austin get together, or we need to host a Texas meet here in Austin...
We are centrally located for people from SA, Houston, Corpus, Dallas/FW, etc., etc........
Old 07-31-02, 06:55 AM
UTGS400
Instructor

There are definently more people from Austin than I had thought. How many of you would be interested in trying to meet up this weekend?? Sounds like BananaGS is interested in meeting Saturday around 11. How does that sound with the rest of you??
Old 07-31-02, 07:14 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

I'll be up for a meet, anytime, I got some thing to show, but you will have to keep ur mouth shut after you see it =)
Old 07-31-02, 07:20 AM
UTGS400
Instructor

One down, ?? to go. Who else is interested?

BananaGS, wish I could say I have something sweet to show...but I don't. The only thing I can say is I have a good looking car with the L-Tuned mods I have made...atleast that is my opinion.
Old 07-31-02, 07:55 AM
SCWells72
Lead Lap

I *might* be interested for a short while. This is my birthday weekend and I'm playing golf Saturday morning and Sunday morning, so I imagine my wife will be wanting some time somewhere in there. If you guys get it set up, let us know the place and time and hopefully I'll swing by for a while.

It's hard to ignore a comment like "I got some thing to show, but you will have to keep ur mouth shut after you see it!"

BTW, if you guys do this, please don't have this thing up in South Dallas (aka, Round Rock). Pick some place more central in the city...
Old 07-31-02, 12:51 PM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

I look forward to seeing some of you guys up here in Dallas ina few weeks. I'll meet up with CamRen and TXStyle this Saturday at Hot Import Nights.

Todd
Old 07-31-02, 03:32 PM
BigDaddy
Driver School Candidate

I'm in Austin, but I drive a Honda.
Old 08-01-02, 01:29 PM
made_in_japan
Rookie

Default am i late???

I am also from Austin.

I have a question for some of y'all who have modified your lexus. If it requires more than your garage tools where do you go to get work done on your car? I am looking for a garage with mechanics who are very familiar with toyota engines and who are reliable. Thanks!
Old 08-01-02, 01:49 PM
JacobT

There are several shops in town that I used.

Beardon automotive on McNeil
MZM at N. Larmar
Colvin Automotive on Hancock Drive

Quick Reply: Who is from Austin, TX??