Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Who is from Austin, TX??

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-02, 08:00 PM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't recieved too much feedback on who would like to meet up this weekend. I am thinking of maybe trying to meet in the Hankcok Shopping Center around 3:00. If you are interested, PM me.
Old 08-02-02, 05:53 AM
made_in_japan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by JacobT
There are several shops in town that I used.

Beardon automotive on McNeil
MZM at N. Larmar
Colvin Automotive on Hancock Drive

thanks jacobt. so do they all specialize in a specific area. i.e. did you go to one of the shops to get the rmm kit installed because they specialize in body work, etc........
Old 08-02-02, 06:15 AM
JacobT

Colvin can do pretty much all mods for you. Tell them Jacob with the Black GS4 send you there. They all know me well
Old 08-02-02, 09:12 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

so a quick austin meet this weekend is NO GO?, will try it again some other time then.
Old 08-02-02, 02:40 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by SCWells72

Actually, I'm pretty sure I was. At least that's what service manager and service guys told me. They even brought all the service guys over to watch the installation of the suspension and steering ECU knowing there'd be more incoming. Then on my next visit they said they'd installed three more and on the next visit they were up to eighteen or so!

When was yours installed? I put mine on around February of 2001, I think.
Well, I will lay claim to having my suspension, wheels, grill, and exahust since June "00..... and I know that Jacob had his car completely mod'd as far back as middle/late 99' when I saw it for the first time...... I think he had the only mod'd GS in Austin for almost a year with the exception of, yep, you guessed it.....SW...
Old 08-02-02, 02:44 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: am i late???

Originally posted by made_in_japan
I am also from Austin.

I have a question for some of y'all who have modified your lexus. If it requires more than your garage tools where do you go to get work done on your car? I am looking for a garage with mechanics who are very familiar with toyota engines and who are reliable. Thanks!
I might be way off here, but your last name just made me look twice.......... Is your first name really Tsuyoshi?? Just wondering, because I think I might know you....Tiny

Last edited by tinygs; 08-02-02 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-02-02, 03:00 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by UTGS400
I haven't recieved too much feedback on who would like to meet up this weekend. I am thinking of maybe trying to meet in the Hankcok Shopping Center around 3:00. If you are interested, PM me.
Unfortunately, I have a psuedo business meeting on Sat.....
Anh!!!! Stop organizing this stuff with three days notice! hahahahahahahahahahaha
Anyway, I am looking forward to having a "real" Austin meet (with more than three Lex and two Nissans present)
Is there any way that we can set a later, "solid" date??? TIA, Tiny
Old 08-03-02, 10:09 AM
JacobT

Tiny,

Let's have a meet for Austin. Is 2 weeks notice enough?
Old 08-03-02, 10:51 AM
UTGS400
Instructor

I'm up for a meet as long as it is not on the 17th (Dallas meet) or on a UT football game day.

Last edited by UTGS400; 12-13-02 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-04-02, 10:42 AM
salimshah

Received 1,072 Likes on 965 Posts

Originally posted by salimshah
I am away from Austin on vacation. Was most probably the first to get LTuned suspension changed by Lexus of Austin.

Salim
Just setting the record striaght ...

Instal date was April 20, 2001. It took Lexus of Austin longer to instal, (I was not charged for extra time) and thier excuse was it was the first car they worked on. True or false, who cares. I have enjoyed every minute of the ride since then.

Salim
Old 08-05-02, 06:08 AM
made_in_japan
Rookie

Default tinygs

yeah, tiny, tsuyoshi is actually my first name. where do you think you know me from???
Old 08-06-02, 09:40 PM
jefe
Rookie

hey did i see any of you austin guys (UTGS400?) today @ 38th and lamar? i was in the green GS4. i saw a cinnabar one with HIDs (i think) with a guy looking my direction.

just checking...
Old 08-07-02, 06:18 AM
UTGS400
Instructor

Yep, that would have been me.
Old 08-10-02, 08:56 AM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by JacobT
There are several shops in town that I used.

Beardon automotive on McNeil
MZM at N. Larmar
Colvin Automotive on Hancock Drive
I've heard nothing but good things from Beardon Automotive. I pulled up to and parked next to a fellow SC400 owner outside the Starbucks on 620 and 2222 and he raved about them. He said that some of the techs from John Roberts Lexus work over there now. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but he said they are much cheaper than JR Lexus on maintenance, etc. Do you have any experience with these guys?
Old 08-10-02, 05:35 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Jayson

I've heard nothing but good things from Beardon Automotive. I pulled up to and parked next to a fellow SC400 owner outside the Starbucks on 620 and 2222 and he raved about them. He said that some of the techs from John Roberts Lexus work over there now. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but he said they are much cheaper than JR Lexus on maintenance, etc. Do you have any experience with these guys?
I have a good friend who is a technician at Bearden Automotive(Charlie)... Charlie did my SupraTT brake upgrade, SupraTT LSD install, L-Tuned shocks, etc., etc., etc....
The main thing you will find with Charlie is that he is not limited to the "by the book" Lexus wrenching you WILL be bound to at John Roberts Lexus...The bulk of the Lexus techs dont know anything about the aftermarket..... Charlie is unreal at doing aftermarket mods/installs.....
If it makes you feel any better, even Chris Johnson(performance motorsports) has Charlie doing some work on parts for his Legendary Supras.....(even SW's 9 sec Supra)

Quick Reply: Who is from Austin, TX??