Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Dallas/Ft. Worth meet at PHR 8/17/02

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-02, 08:54 AM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dallas/Ft. Worth meet at PHR 8/17/02

BIG TIME THANKS to Jarrett of Powerhouse Racing for hosting the meet and Mark (Turbo’d_Wxman) for organizing the meet – between them, it was the best CL meet (so far) in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Powerhouse Racing provided the dyno, food and refreshments, and we needed the cold stuff – temp was in mid to high 90’s. Mark is a weatherman and forecast 82 degrees, cloudy and rain – and as usual, was wrong.

And many thanks to Dusty of MVP Motorsports for bringing his 5 Supras – his license plates read “V8 KILR” – the fastest one is an 8 sec. Ľ miler with over 1,200 RWH! Sewell Lexus sent a couple of representatives, Chris and Darrell, to represent Lexus. And of course, his honor, Ethan, was moderating the CL crowd, moving topics and banning profanity.

The meet started at 9A and was still going when I left at 3P. I counted about 30 cars at one point about mid-day, but there were more that showed up later – my guess is 50-60 during the day, maybe more. Some SC’s, some GS’s, one LS, and lots of IS’s. Dusty’s Supras were present, and there were even a few BMW’s that showed up late (obviously spies). Dusty’s “daily driver” is a silver Supra with 1,000 RWH, body kit, full audio and one of the finest looking cars I’ve EVER seen (offered one of my body parts for it and was promptly turned down – “not even if you threw in the other one”). And the Powerhouse Racing twin turbo Viper was parked out front – be afraid … be very afraid.

The dyno was busy all day and after all, for $20/2 pulls how could you not? One of Dusty’s (MVP Motorsports) “wimpier” Supras was tops at 756 RWH (and it wasn’t running quite right) - remember we’re talking mid 90’s too. Glad I dyno’d earlier in the day – after 756, we all felt a little (a LOT) inadequate, including another Supra that was sick and still pulled 425. My GS pulled 267.8 RWH and 264.5 TQ and 144 mph, gotta be pleased with that. My insulated SRT intake and L-Tuned exhaust sounded FANTASTIC at wot. The stock GS’s pulled from 230 to 240 RWH. The IS’s were getting 170 to 180. Last I heard on Mark’s turboed IS was 330 – and they were still tweaking it as I left.

A couple of interesting items came from talking to the Powerhouse dyno gurus. BenZ-IS300’s car was showing signs of the knock sensor kicking in on 91 octane, robbing hp – they said that 93 octane would have yielded another 10 hp. And when Fever dyno’d his GS, they took off the filter (a little dirty) and got another 5 hp. Their opinion was that the AFE filter that comes with the SRT intake was too small, and a filter with more surface area would be an improvement.

Some of the CL guys there were: tinygs, Rico’s Revenge, Fever, BigJoeD, TXSTYLE, Garnet92, Turbo’d_Wxman, BLW (and his 2 boys!), damnboy, UTGS400, boredguy77 and Static911. A bunch of guys from the IS300.NET site were well represented – some drove up from Houston for the meet. Apologies to anyone I’ve left out – senility setting in. Good to finally put a face with a “name” (damn, some of you guys are ugly!) A good time was had by Garnet92 – and I think, everyone else too!

I’ll post some of the 70 pictures I took in the gallery under “PHR Ft. Worth meet”. ***pics not yet posted ***

Last edited by garnet92; 08-18-02 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-18-02, 10:46 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must admit I was very happy that so many guys made the meet. Garnet thanks for the thorough post about the meet. We pulled 396 rwhp on my car at 12 psi I think, but it was still running a bit rich. The car goes back to Powerhouse Racing next week for some new upgrades. For the details of the new upgrades on my car, check out the IS300 section of clublexus.com. We are taking aim at a certain rwhp number and it shall fall soon.

Once again, I really want to thank everyone who made this meet so much fun. Everyone was so friendly and I love being part of this community!!! Next year will be even bigger!!!

Oh, and on one side note, 2 M3's showed up late, but wouldn't race me. Too bad, it would have been a well publicized kill.
Old 08-18-02, 02:01 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

man im so Freakin sorri i didnt show up... emergency came up
Old 08-18-02, 02:41 PM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

Default present

just so you know I was there! didn`t really talk to anyone! but was there
Old 08-18-02, 06:03 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

The meet was totally incredible and BIG UP's to PHR for hosting the event. Wxman, you are the coolest for getting this thing going. I have to say that was inspired by your car and that my turbo envy has increased 5 fold. It was also great to put some faces with the posters in this forum as well as ClubLexus. Man, I had a great time. Let's do it again sometime soon.

Oh yah, my 2001 Auto with an HKS Hyper dynoed at 175. I think I had the best run of all almost stock autos . Others were aroung 165-169. Let's face it though, we are nothing compared to the almighty WXMAN!!!!
Old 08-18-02, 08:17 PM
Slvr_IS300
Driver School Candidate

BigJoe
my stock IS (auto) ran 169 earlier in the morning, so 6 RWHP with just an exhaust...hmmm, I think I am going to MVP Motorsports on Monday.
Old 08-18-02, 10:35 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Originally posted by Slvr_IS300
BigJoe
my stock IS (auto) ran 169 earlier in the morning, so 6 RWHP with just an exhaust...hmmm, I think I am going to MVP Motorsports on Monday.
Get the Hiper and you will be happy with the sound and the results. I love my hiper.
Old 08-19-02, 12:45 AM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Chris from IS300.net was there with his Yellow.. IS .. dropped with SRT intake, Safc , greddy Xhaust.. custom headlights... u guys see him... he got his Safc tuned and is pulling around 199-200 RWHP with the srt intake SAFC and exhaust ... not bad.. thats about 244 HP to the crank??
Old 08-19-02, 12:58 AM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Dallas/Ft. Worth meet at PHR 8/17/02

Originally posted by garnet92

(damn, some of you guys are ugly!)
Garnet..... were there alotta guys with mirror tints on there car or wut?? j/k
Old 08-19-02, 01:28 AM
Dohc3l
Rookie

Smile

Turbo'd_Wxman,

This was by far the best lexus meet I've been to.
It's always nice to see lexus making power.
Keep up the good work.

P.S.
When will you be ready to race me??

Last edited by Dohc3l; 08-19-02 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-19-02, 12:56 PM
V8 Killer
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone that came out this weekend, I think the meet was a big success! Everyone from MVP Motorsports had a great time and we all enjoyed seeing so many very nice cars in our parking lot.

Garnet92, thanks for your kind words about my daily driver, that car is like my kid. I would have loved to put it on the dyno but unfortunately I had to sacrifice its race motor for the overall good just a few days before the meet.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone. I have only been on CL for a few days now so I didn't really know screen names yet. When Chris introduced himself as tinygs and almost squeezed my hand off shaking it as he towered over my 6'2" body in an Arnold Schwarzenegger style, I had to find some humor in his choosing of a screen name.

I wouldn't count my car as the winner of the day, I just strapped it down as an exhibition. Marc's IS was the most impressive car on the dyno IMO. If his clutch would hold we could have easily busted way into the 400rwhp level. Hopefully he'll be taking care of that soon.

I spoke with a few of you guys about a meet next year and got some good feedback. This meet went really good considering we had only 4 days to prepare for it, IMHO. Next year's meet, which will have months of advanced planning will be huge I think. I am already looking forward to it and hope all of you are too!

We took a ton of pictures, I'll work on getting them posted tonight.

Regards,

Dusty
Old 08-22-02, 02:32 AM
V8 Killer
Driver School Candidate

Sorry I haven't posted the pics until now. We've been working hard all week for a race we are attending this coming weekend.

Anyhow...here are the pics we took this weekend.

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/merchant/l2k2.htm

Thanks again to all that attended!

Regards,

Dusty
Old 08-22-02, 04:15 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Check this link for some bikini girls, melting tires on the dyno, and a preview of the feature shoot on my car.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=55658