Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Dallas Meet...!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-03, 09:22 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys lets do this one. I'l bring my beater IS

I got this from .NET and "YES" Lexus' are welcome.

http://www.jojopang.net/euromeet.htm

Last edited by BigJoeD; 06-24-03 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-25-03, 05:02 PM
LexFather

Seeing I organize meets here in Atlanta as well as mutli-car meets and now our club SELOC with our monthly meets, meets at car driving events, que's, etc, I guess I am a subject matter expert.

Even though the majority of us in the club are Lexus owners, we always have others come. Dr. Rick brought his G35 to a meet cause he was in the club. We don't break down and talk about our mods every meet. We've done it in detail once this year, when everyone explained their cars and story.

Concerning new people, I have a "welcome committee" that says hello and explains some newb stuff now though I usually speak to newbs as well to make em feel welcome.

It's tough planning meets and harder to get people to come, ESPECIALLY Lexus owners. Lexus owners are the last people to mod cars or really care about em. So many lease em, many either don't know or don't care.

It's tough crashing other car meets, it takes some NUTS quite frankly. You can only hope everyone is cool.

I suggest making a LEXUS only group meet first, then CARAVAN to the 350Z meet so you at least have your fellow owners to talk too. Coming as a group also gathers respect.

Much respect to TXSTYLE for trying to make it happen.

OR MEET US HERE in AUGUST!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=84161

SICK
Old 06-26-03, 02:09 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Lightbulb

Marcus,

One week notice is pretty short. If you were to plan it a month or two out, I think the turn out would be better. I've been jonesing for another Dallas meet for a while now. I didn't even find out about this last one until today, because I hardly ever check the meets forum. Don't give up!!! I know also, it'd help if Ethan would let you put up a sticky in the model fourms. You'd get more exposure that way.

Just my $.02,
Blanco
Old 06-26-03, 04:47 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Organizing meets...

... is tough to do but you have to be fully committed and prepared for all courses of action. Of course you can't expect everyone to enjoy the meet on the same level, so you have to make most of the people happy and feel like their stay was worth it.

If you like to see an example of an efficiently, organized meet, head on over to the NorthEast CL meet thread here. I had to drive and scope out the area twice to make sure the meet seems fit at that location. It's very important to spell out the details of the meet, and the beneficial outcome of each component. As far as timing the official word of a meet, I think it's good to do it two to three weeks out, instead of like a month which seems too long (anticipation builds as time creeps closer )

And always research, research, research! I can't stress that enough.
Old 06-26-03, 06:35 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks to TXSTYLE

Marcus – I haven’t been visiting CL much lately and missed the announcement. Wouldn’t have mattered anyway since I was out of town. Maybe next time??

I just wanted to verify to the newer members that TXSTYLE does know how to coordinate a meet. I’ve been to several that he’s planned and they’ve been a good mix of “showing off and checking out” for a bunch of gear-heads – all who attended enjoyed the meets. Several of the guys from Austin drove up multiple times for the meets – tiny, JacobT, and UTGS400, to name a few. I know he’s always selected a good after-meet place to eat/drink following the meet – based on the reviews from the people who were there.

It’s a thankless job and most of us can’t/won’t do it. I noticed that Sick thanked him in another post and just wanted to add my thanks as well.

Thanks to TXSTYLE for banging his head against the wall trying to get the rest of us to show off and check out our Lexs. And he and Dr. Rick have lifetime passes to anything CL as far as I’m concerned. They’ve both contributed a lot to CL and even though they’ve changed gender, they did exhibit good taste in their selections.

My .75 cents worth.
Old 06-30-03, 11:17 PM
LexFather

AMEN G!
It’s a thankless job and most of us can’t/won’t do it.
Old 07-05-03, 03:22 PM
Boost'n
Rookie

Guys,

I'm a owner of a coffee shop in Plano and also a member of CL. I'm down if anyone like to use my place for a car meet. I'm planning to have a car show here in a couple of weeks. Let me know in advance if you guys are interested so I can make arrangement.

Kenny
Old 07-14-03, 11:17 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we come to your car show? I'm interested in the details if it's not like a private thing.
Old 07-14-03, 11:24 AM
BAZ
Pole Position

May call in for a coff, where in plano?
Old 07-17-03, 04:44 PM
scott hsia
Driver School Candidate

Default cafe rpm

Hi guys a place only for car meet in Irving please check web at
www.caferpm.com# is 214-763-7966 let us get together in caferpm for Lexus meet.
we serve burgers grilled chicken wings. coffee tea. shakes. we have a huge parking nice patio. all of our neighbors close at 5:30pm. We play Option video from Japan . This is disigned for car meet only.
Every tuesday night is DSM meet, wednesday night RX7, friday night is Riders meet , Saturday is Z350,Z240 ,Z300 .Porsche , BMW .audi . WE are looking forward to seeing Lexus owner to come here

Last edited by scott hsia; 07-19-03 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-18-03, 11:34 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Thanks to TXSTYLE

Originally posted by garnet92
Marcus – I haven’t been visiting CL much lately and missed the announcement. Wouldn’t have mattered anyway since I was out of town. Maybe next time??

I just wanted to verify to the newer members that TXSTYLE does know how to coordinate a meet. I’ve been to several that he’s planned and they’ve been a good mix of “showing off and checking out” for a bunch of gear-heads – all who attended enjoyed the meets. Several of the guys from Austin drove up multiple times for the meets – tiny, JacobT, and UTGS400, to name a few. I know he’s always selected a good after-meet place to eat/drink following the meet – based on the reviews from the people who were there.

It’s a thankless job and most of us can’t/won’t do it. I noticed that Sick thanked him in another post and just wanted to add my thanks as well.

Thanks to TXSTYLE for banging his head against the wall trying to get the rest of us to show off and check out our Lexs. And he and Dr. Rick have lifetime passes to anything CL as far as I’m concerned. They’ve both contributed a lot to CL and even though they’ve changed gender, they did exhibit good taste in their selections.

My .75 cents worth.
Just read this, and couldnt have put it better........
Again, for all NEWBS and/or long time LURKERS who are just now becoming willing CL participants, MARCUS IS THA' MAN when it comes to organizing CL meets. He plants the seed, and sticks to it till the end......... He suggested/organized/hosted the FIRST Texas CL meet, and then promptly did the second, third, and fourth....hahahahahaha Damn, makes me feel bad for not doing more..... WE WILL have another meet, and it WILL be a good, well organized event....(especially if Marcus is in charge) Sorry I didnt attend this one, I am a first year business owner and have been "baby-sitting" my business to make sure its succesful.....
Old 07-19-03, 02:30 PM
nima
Driver

Thumbs up

Come on guys, I'm excited. It will be my first CL meeting. Lets do it soon!

Last edited by nima; 07-19-03 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-19-03, 02:31 PM
nima
Driver

Originally posted by Boost'n
Guys,

I'm a owner of a coffee shop in Plano and also a member of CL. I'm down if anyone like to use my place for a car meet. I'm planning to have a car show here in a couple of weeks. Let me know in advance if you guys are interested so I can make arrangement.

Kenny
Maybe we can schedule it in Plano with Boost'n. Lets setup a date in advance.

Last edited by nima; 07-19-03 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-19-03, 06:51 PM
Boost'n
Rookie

Nima,

Let's do this. What date do you guys have in mind?
Old 07-20-03, 05:45 AM
nima
Driver

With TXSTYLE's permission, and if nobody is attending the Lexus Driving school in Elkhart Lake, WI - lets do it for Sunday Aug 10th. This should give everyone enough time to schedule and reschedule for attending.
Is everyone is cool with this?

Last edited by nima; 07-20-03 at 01:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Dallas Meet...!!!!