Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Plans for the next meet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-03, 07:37 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Plans for the next meet?

Well, after as much fun as we had yesterday, I am already thinking of where to have the next meet. Somewhere where we can all drive I think would be great. I was thinking of maybe out in far east oklahoma or far west arkansas- right along the border where all the thisty hilly roads are. The city of Talequah comes to mind- my buddy used to ride crotch rockets with his friends there all the time. I'll get more info on the exact roads and stuff. Camshaft (92 sc300 5 speed lives in the area too). I was thinking we could all met up somewhere and then go driving.
Anyway, feedback on this idea would be appreciated. For all the dallas people, this would probably be a 2-3 hour trip, but well worth it as this area has some of the best driving roads in the US.
Let me know what you think,

Tim
Old 08-11-03, 08:19 PM
SCLEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good, gotta check the date though, once we have one posted, school's about to start

-Richard
Old 08-12-03, 09:40 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good idea! We could have our own western version of "tail of the dragon". I know Arkansas Rt 7 is especially good. Also there is a good road in eastern OK that runs along the OK/AR border from Broken Bow up towards I-40. Good winding mountain roads for sure. It would be nice to do it sometime in early Oct/ late September, before it gets rainy & crappy.
Old 08-12-03, 01:21 PM
BAZ
Pole Position

Any one own a private air strip?
Old 08-17-03, 01:55 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Somebody make this happen
Old 08-18-03, 03:28 PM
nima
Driver

Lets do it, it's not that hard. For start lets pic a date. I say Sat. September 13.
what do you all think???
Old 08-18-03, 05:48 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Any weekend in Sept except for Labor Day weekend (most of it's in Aug, anyway) is good for me. If we want to do some driving, we need a good route. I've made a few suggestions, and I'm open to more. I think anywhere within a 2/3 hr drive from DFW would be acceptable to most. We could make it a weekend event, and get a group rate at a hotel, like the group doing the Dragon event. From what I have seen, it looks like a well run event, and if we have a driving meet, we should pattern it after the SELOC Dragon meet. Here's what SELOC is doing:

http://www.lexusdragon.com/

I think it's a good example of a well run event, and we should try to do something similar. I wish I could go to the dragon, but it's too far for most of us. So, lets find a good mountain road, and bring the dragon to us!
Old 08-18-03, 06:07 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Sounds like a good start glenn. Let me call Cameron (camshaft here- 92 5 sp) and see what he has to offer for us since he lives in the area.

Tim
Old 08-18-03, 07:21 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

I cant do the 13th, it's my wife birthday Any other weekend is good for me.
Old 08-18-03, 08:20 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Let's have a vote on it! Come on, everybody loves to vote

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...713#post655713
Old 08-19-03, 10:26 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Labor Day weekend I will be taking a road trip in the Lex to visit some college friends in Harrison, AR. This will give me a chance to recon a few potential routes. I'll post what roads I will check out before I go. My usual route is to head north into OK from Paris on the Indian Nation turnpike to I-40, and then east into AR. So, any roads along this general area are fair game. Anyone have any suggestions for a good road along my trip route, let me know, and I'll check it out.
Old 08-19-03, 03:42 PM
nima
Driver

Old 08-19-03, 04:16 PM
Joehs
Pole Position

Hey dont forget about me :O I live in tulsa so anywere in oklahoma should only be about 30 mins - 1 1/2 at most for me - i should be able to meet up there, unless i have a band something =\ but i should be able to make this meet if we end up doing one, make sure i get the final details on it :O

Joey
Old 08-20-03, 12:11 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Default WE HAVE A LOCATION!!

We have a location! After talking to Camshaft yesterday, he talked to his boss about hosting out meet. He said his boss was willing to host it at the bar where Camshaft works. Here's the pm I received from Camshaft:

The Gypsy
402 W. Disckson, Fayetteville
Live music nightclub featuring local, regional and national bands. Pool tables, full menu available, and the recently remodeled outdoor Gypsy Secret Garden make this a full-service club.

Ok, the parking lot is going to be poured with concrete for expansion for Bikes Blues Bar B Q today. However, there are hundreds of other parking lots all over the place near by Dixon Street. There are two roads I want to take you all on. Maybe one in the morning take a trip down the Pig Trail and back, lunch on Disckson say Jose's or Powerhouse, then after that I have a little suprise. Turns out a road just 10 minutes out of town is a rated road in Road and Track magazine with graded and banked curves. One of my bosses was a huge corvette fan and had several. That is on the West side of Fayetteville and the Pig Trail is on the East. Thats why I propose eating in town. Both are through pretty nice territory, and the Lake Weddington road is quiet, very few police, and best of all, few other cars. Maybe an occasional farmer John, but is easily passed. A really ****ing hot friend of mine will come with us with a bikini to take pictures on cars.

Here is a map of the location so you can plug in your address for driving directions:

Please remember to vote for your preffered date in the other thread.http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=22624428&ck=193907733&tab=B2C&tcat=8903827&city=Fayetteville&state=AR&country=us&msa=2580&cs=4&ed=LT0Arq1o2TzFJbUyy8w0DlbBmo2JDAvomLfCMZZv9OvJ&stat=os:1:regular:regT:2:fbT:0

Last edited by TGRich; 08-20-03 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-20-03, 02:54 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Great! I know the Fayetteville area has many good roads. Sounds like we got a good jumping off point as well. Party time!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Plans for the next meet?