Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Fayetteville, AR meet/cruise on Sat, Sept. 13th!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-03, 10:29 AM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fayetteville, AR meet/cruise on Sat, Sept. 13th!

Okay, due to lack of response, I am going to make a command decision here and officially set the date for Sat, September 13th. This will be a meet with one or more drives in the hilly, twisty, renowned roads of AR.
Camshaft will be the leader for the drives as he lives in the area. The meet will also be held in the parking lot of the bar where he works. Here' s his pm with more details.

The Gypsy
402 W. Disckson, Fayetteville
Live music nightclub featuring local, regional and national bands. Pool tables, full menu available, and the recently remodeled outdoor Gypsy Secret Garden make this a full-service club.

Ok, the parking lot is going to be poured with concrete for expansion for Bikes Blues Bar B Q today. However, there are hundreds of other parking lots all over the place near by Dixon Street. There are two roads I want to take you all on. Maybe one in the morning take a trip down the Pig Trail and back, lunch on Disckson say Jose's or Powerhouse, then after that I have a little suprise. Turns out a road just 10 minutes out of town is a rated road in Road and Track magazine with graded and banked curves. One of my bosses was a huge corvette fan and had several. That is on the West side of Fayetteville and the Pig Trail is on the East. Thats why I propose eating in town. Both are through pretty nice territory, and the Lake Weddington road is quiet, very few police, and best of all, few other cars. Maybe an occasional farmer John, but is easily passed. A really ****ing hot friend of mine will come with us with a bikini to take pictures on cars.

We decided on this date to coincide with the local college football schedule. Everyone should be out of town this weekend which means less cops and traffic.
All cars are welcome and the time will be in a following post. Please distribute this info widely and feel free to ask any ?'s.

Tim
Old 08-28-03, 06:53 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be heading up to F-ville this weekend for a little fun. Look for pics of where we are going in this thread after Labor Day. Hopefully that will entice a few people to sign on for this trip!
Old 08-28-03, 08:04 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rushgator2112
I'll be heading up to F-ville this weekend for a little fun. Look for pics of where we are going in this thread after Labor Day. Hopefully that will entice a few people to sign on for this trip!
Did Camshaft help you out with the directions Glenn?
Old 08-29-03, 09:04 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

He's working on it. He sent me the general directions, but not the road numbers. Cam did'nt have a map at the time, so he said he will PM me with the numbers. Soon, I hope. I'm leaving this afternnon.
Old 09-02-03, 10:07 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Well guys, I guess I'll have to apologize, as I didn't get any pics of the roads we will be running at this meet. I tried, but the weather screwed me. Anyone who lives in the OK/AR/TX region knows we got a
*****load of rain this weekend. Anyway, weather permitting, there are many good roads in the area, and you will not be disappointed. I ran 412 from Springdale to Harrison, and aside from the odd semi truck, it was an excellent driving road. Also, I was running about 80+ down 540 which apparently was lightly patrolled yesterday. Most north Dallas people should be able to make the trip in 5.5 hrs. Take 75 N out of Dallas, then 69 N to I-40 E to 540 N, and then you are there.
Old 09-02-03, 05:25 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

More details.... and pics!
Was it what you had hoped for? Are there switchbacks and sutff like that?
And that 5.5 hours- is that round trip or one way?
Old 09-04-03, 10:04 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by tggoodrich
More details.... and pics!
Was it what you had hoped for? Are there switchbacks and sutff like that?
And that 5.5 hours- is that round trip or one way?
Sorry, no pics, just raindrops.
As far as what I hoped for, the roads are generally well surfaced, many many turns and a few switchbacks. In several places the roads there drop down out of the ridges for a nice straight run down the valley floor. I had been there before, so I knew what to expect. The travel estimate for the trip is one way. However, minus a torrential rainstorm, it may be a little faster. I expect most of the attendees to be from OK/AR region (MO is real close too- Branson and Springfield are within 2 hrs). Hopefully a few TX peeps will show. Besides, what's a 5 hr roadtrip if you really like to drive, anyway?
Old 09-06-03, 10:42 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Hey,

I will be in the area but my car will be in a shop in Texas. I would still like to meet up. How many people are in the area?

- Mike
Old 09-06-03, 04:08 PM
SCLEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'l be at a swim meet on the 13th, cant make it, sorry guys!
I'll post a pic of my car with the 97 upgrade in this post later today.
Later- Richard
Old 09-07-03, 11:26 AM
SCLEX
Pole Position

Here it is

Last edited by SCLEX; 09-07-03 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-07-03, 08:03 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Hermosa
Hey,

I will be in the area but my car will be in a shop in Texas. I would still like to meet up. How many people are in the area?

- Mike
Mike- sent you a pm. Or you can email me at tggoodrich@***.net
Old 09-07-03, 08:09 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Dang, you had to pick Sept 13th That is my wifes birthday, so I won't be able to make it.

You guys have fun on the twisties.
Old 09-07-03, 08:12 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Jeesh, it starting to seem like everyone has something going on that weekend
Old 09-08-03, 09:03 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Since my car is in the shop I don't want to be without a Lexus. Is there a Lexus rental shop around there?
Old 09-08-03, 04:35 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Hermosa
Since my car is in the shop I don't want to be without a Lexus. Is there a Lexus rental shop around there?
Don't think you'll have any luck around there. I don't even think there's a Lex dealer in town.

And on a crappier note, the chance I will make this weekend is now about 50/50, as I may have to work. Now, does that flocking suck, or what???!!! I hope I can get out of it, but if I can't, many apologies to you Tim. I really, really want to make this meet. Gotta keep making the cheese that supports my Lexus addiction, though. Anyway, we'll see.

Quick Reply: Fayetteville, AR meet/cruise on Sat, Sept. 13th!