Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

SC300 and I are moving to Houston

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-03, 05:36 PM
Khaos
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SC300 and I are moving to Houston

Well, after graduating six months ago, I finally got a job down in Houston/Clear Lake. I've noticed that there are a few people on here that are located in Houston and I wouldn't mind seeing some of your cool rides...there's not a whole lot in Wichita.

I'm excited to move down there, but I know absolutely nobody down there...

Hopefully my SC and I will enjoy it.
Old 10-13-03, 05:38 PM
meddle
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im about an hour north of Houston in College Station.
Old 10-13-03, 05:40 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Khaos, there are numerous members in Houston, Texas...Check the your regional forums for meets...I'm sure you won't be disappointed...
Old 10-13-03, 05:40 PM
Khaos
Pole Position

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
Khaos, there are numerous members in Houston, Texas...Check the your regional forums for meets...I'm sure you won't be disappointed...
Lexellent!!
Old 10-13-03, 08:24 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

what part of kansas are you in?? hopefully not that dread azz wichita ( i lived there for 2 yrs workin' at boeing and that sucked )... are you goin' to work for Nasa, Boeing or Lockheed down there?
Old 10-13-03, 08:54 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Clear Lake, Houston area is a great area- I grew up in Kemah on Galveston Bay which is a part of the greater clear lake area... I know live in Galveston while I attend Texas A&M at Galveston, but am still in clear lake, league city quite a bit. there is a pretty big import scene in houston- to get an idea go to the forums on http://www.houston-imports.com -I know Din post on there also from time to time. We have meets every friday night somewhere in the clear lake area- if you are interested in going pm me, and I will tell you when the next one is- some pretty cool cars and pretty cool guys show up- I can also hook you up with the email address of the guy who organizes them- he sends out an email every thurs or friday giving the location of the meet- helps keep it a bit more underground, and out of the streets- we seldomnly get broken up by the police, but the police are always cool about it and just ask us to leave- ok, now Im rambling- if you ever see a black sc400 with exhaust, dropped, and a white club lexus sticker on the back window be sure to wave- cuz that would be me!

also feel free to PM me on the sort of fun place in clear lake- houston... I know alot of the good resturants, bars... and things-

Rob
Old 10-13-03, 09:05 PM
Khaos
Pole Position

Originally posted by NAZTY97
what part of kansas are you in?? hopefully not that dread azz wichita ( i lived there for 2 yrs workin' at boeing and that sucked )... are you goin' to work for Nasa, Boeing or Lockheed down there?
I'm from good old Wichita...I've lived here 23 years and I'm ready to get out of here.

I'll be working for Boeing.

Last edited by Khaos; 12-07-05 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-13-03, 09:31 PM
Khaos
Pole Position

Originally posted by sc400texas
if you ever see a black sc400 with exhaust, dropped, and a white club lexus sticker on the back window be sure to wave- cuz that would be me!

also feel free to PM me on the sort of fun place in clear lake- houston... I know alot of the good resturants, bars... and things-

Rob
I'll be in a pearl white SC300 with 18" rims, currently NOT lowered (I will be lowering soon, now that I'm making money), and tinted windows.

Brandon
Attached Thumbnails SC300 and I are moving to Houston-100_0212b.jpg  

Last edited by Khaos; 10-13-03 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-14-03, 04:19 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

Texas boy with kandy toy here...
Old 10-14-03, 09:32 PM
TxLexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Khaos,

Welcome to Houston where the party dont stop til 8 in the mo nin.

I moved here from Wichita kansas too. I came here in summer of 00.
I too drive the same color lexus you do.

you might have seen me, when i was in wichita, i worked for Cessna and drove a purple del sol with texas tag.

Yes for some of you guys whos thinking Purple del sol???? what the hell?? well yes I am a closet import racer LOL....

again welcome to Houston

Chris
Old 10-14-03, 10:16 PM
Khaos
Pole Position

TxLexus....

I'm always up for party'n

I also worked at Cessna for about three years!!! Damn it's a small world! I'm not sure if I remember seeing a purple Del Sol though.

I'm going to arrive in Houston sometime Thursday evening/night.

Din....

I've seen pictures of your car before... and I've gotta say, it's simply exquisite. Good work.

I'm sure I'll some of you guys later...
Brandon

Last edited by Khaos; 03-04-09 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-14-03, 10:22 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

thanks
Old 10-20-03, 08:29 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

TxLexus and Khaos, I know this is reachin' into your memory a lil' bit,.. but I was there from 97 - 99, do ya'll vaguely remember seeing this car around? I ask cuz wichita was so small, i would see certain cars all the time on the way to and from work that i didn't know the owners, but had to see them all the time on the road. I used to get my stuff from Speed Tek ( I think it was called, import shop near boeing ).
Attached Thumbnails SC300 and I are moving to Houston-the-240.jpg  
Old 10-27-03, 07:10 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by sc400texas
The Clear Lake, Houston area is a great area- I grew up in Kemah on Galveston Bay which is a part of the greater clear lake area... I know live in Galveston while I attend Texas A&M at Galveston, but am still in clear lake, league city quite a bit. there is a pretty big import scene in houston- to get an idea go to the forums on http://www.houston-imports.com -I know Din post on there also from time to time. We have meets every friday night somewhere in the clear lake area- if you are interested in going pm me, and I will tell you when the next one is- some pretty cool cars and pretty cool guys show up- I can also hook you up with the email address of the guy who organizes them- he sends out an email every thurs or friday giving the location of the meet- helps keep it a bit more underground, and out of the streets- we seldomnly get broken up by the police, but the police are always cool about it and just ask us to leave- ok, now Im rambling- if you ever see a black sc400 with exhaust, dropped, and a white club lexus sticker on the back window be sure to wave- cuz that would be me!

Rob
ive heard about the se meets.. heard theyre really elitist... ive seen your car btw.. and i love dins car.. flossin the gucci