Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Best aftermarket front lower control arms for the SC??

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-23 | 11:42 AM
BryanJ
Rookie

Default Best aftermarket front lower control arms for the SC??

I took my 97 lex to PlanoTx to see my son. I ran my mind on all the things I had to get this car ready for the highway way back. Did so except the front suspension other than the KYB shocks.... Where can I find a decent front L/R control arms with replaceable lower ball joints??
BJ
Old 12-31-23 | 04:13 AM
Maserati
Advanced

Shopfigs.com SC arms have replaceable ball joints. Honestly, your best option is to just get 93-96 Supra lower control arms.
The following users liked this post:
RudysSC (01-10-24)
Old 01-09-24 | 10:26 AM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Figs Engineering would be the best, since they have replaceable balljoints (from Figs) and are offered with poly bushings.
Ikeya Formula also have replaceable balljoints but those have to be ordered from them in Japan. Those arms only come with solid bushings.
BattleVersion uses off-the-shelf MKIII Supra balljoints, but are only offered with solid bushings (sphericals)
Agile Performance follows the BattleVersion method; they use MKIII balljoints but also only come with sphericals

There are a 2 more brands out there that offer FLCAs but the quality isn't so great.

P2M/Japspeed - A tubular design, the company used to sell replacement sphericals for every corner before covid. They don't anymore, so you are on your own. Years ago, these arms had issues with the welds snapping (you don't see this much anymore), and the threaded mounts would strip (this still seems to occur but it is occasional, I think this happens to the arms with age)

BellRaceWorks - These use Camry balljoints and poly bushings. However the quality control from these has not been good over the years. First gens would bend under the weight of SCs. Then there were welding issues at one point, Then rusting issues. Then currently, they look like they have cracking issues due to metal fatigue, sometimes at the welds... sometimes just along the metal.

The following users liked this post:
RudysSC (01-10-24)