Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake skips with werid noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-24, 10:23 AM
safwan823
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Brake skips with werid noise

Upon purchasing a used 2012 Lexus IS 250, the initial issue was that the brakes needed to be pressed all the way down to function. I took the car to a local repair shop, where they replaced the master cylinder, brake booster, and front brake calipers. However, after these repairs, a new problem emerged: the brakes started skipping, gripping suddenly, and making a squeaking noise, likely from the front left side. The ABS light briefly illuminated but then went off again.

The repair shop technicians mentioned they were unable to connect the car to a computer to reprogram or reset the ABS. Consequently, I took the car to Midas for a brake inspection and diagnostic test. They discovered two blown fuses, replaced them, and successfully connected the car to a computer for a software update. Initially, they found an error code related to the ECU, not the ABS. After reprogramming the ABS, they reported no further error codes, assuring me that the brakes should be fine.

Despite this, the problem persists. The brakes continue to hold and release rapidly, accompanied by a squeaking noise when they hold. Additionally, my fuel efficiency has significantly dropped. Initially, I was getting around 19.5 MPG, but after the repairs and despite driving economically within the city, my fuel efficiency has decreased to 16 MPG. Furthermore, the brake light and TPMS light remain on consistently.

I have already spent an additional $2,000 after purchasing the car, with no resolution to the issues. Everything seems to be messed up.