Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

pics of daizen springs drop

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-03, 08:47 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default pics of daizen springs drop

Mods>>. i know this should be in susp forum , could you leave here for just a couple of days so people can see the daizen drop clearly<<<<

Heres some pics of my friends gs300 sportdesign (03) with the new Daizen progressive rate lowering springs. He is a member here and screen name is 02gs430fl and is also a new and used car salesman at Lexus of pembroke pines where we recently had our record braking meet/show. The front drops approx 1.9 in and the rear is approx 1.6 in. As you can see in the pics , the drop is low but by no means tucked or slammed. Looks real nice with 18in or 19in wheels in a stagg setup. Finger gap in front about 11/2 and rear barely 1.

Ride quality is as mine is , top notch. The setup works very well with Ltuned shocks . The handling however is awesome from spring alone swap. I have pushed the limits further on mine with Daizen sways and all the other bracing..Cornering in his car is precise , almost no body float , no dancing on the top of the springs . Very little bounce effect on uneven surfaces very minimal.The ride overall is very bmw 540 sport like , refined controlled and comfortable. This setup inspires confidence in any driving situation , couple this with Daizen sways and the setup is almost (almost being operative word) track like..

Hope you enjoy the pics
Old 12-28-03, 09:29 AM
Timster
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look nice!
I like the way the car sits not to low but low enough to look cool!
What did it cost you have them installed?
Did you have the car aligned?
Any camber problems?
Hows the ride, smooth, and tight or a little stiff?
Tim
Old 12-28-03, 09:45 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Timster
Look nice!

the cost to install is just like any other susp install ,varies from place to place , but the place i goto is free which is my garage so thats always a good thing

(i install everything on my car myself in my own home garage from susp stuff to body stuff to brakes etc etc )

car was aligned and as expexted car was aligned very close to specs no real issues there and Daizen will be bringing to market shortly front and rear camber kits

ride quality is very oem comfortable but when pushed firms up hence the term "progressive rate spring"

hope this helps for more info contact todd at tm engineering (doublewhoosh) tell him lexforlife sent ya .these are currently one of the best alternatives for lowering before shelling out big bucks for coiloverovers. more perf then ltuned and more streetable then H&R , basically right in between ..
Old 12-28-03, 10:44 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Are those 18" or 19"?
Old 12-28-03, 10:56 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

the wheels are my old mille miglia 18x8 front and 18x9 rears

with this drop it makes the wheels look larger dont they
Old 12-28-03, 11:06 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

lexforlife -- If you know -- How do you think this setup compares to the Bilstein PSS coilovers? Body roll, comfort, etc...

thanks,

Scott
Old 12-28-03, 11:26 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful......
Old 12-28-03, 01:13 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

looks perfect....its not slammed or anything but its just a nice look....Im considering getting something similar in the spring....
Old 12-28-03, 01:29 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Scott1258

comparing this setup to a quality coilover setup is not quite fair. coilovers gives you a perfectly matched set of springs tuned with perfectly matched dampers.

davegs had a outstanding writeup on the bil pss , i think overall the message was its quite a bit stiffer then ltuned/eibach setup but will not lower beyond 1.8 in but handling was outstanding.

but imo would come very very close in perf but more oem like ride but the teins cs would acheive the same results as well which is why i say this setup is great if you want great looks , high perf and comfortable ride quality without shelling out 1300-1500 for coils
Old 12-28-03, 01:56 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by lexforlife

Ed, they do look like 19s with that aggressive drop!!

Car looks nice otherwise!!
Old 12-28-03, 08:20 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

that is very low and makes the wheels look perfect on that car...i love those wheels even tho they r just 18's but i always liked them on u'r car....
Old 12-28-03, 08:51 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by lexforlife

Those wheels remind me of the stock RX330 wheels (see 2nd pic from the first post). Very similar design in both of them, but nonetheless they look just right with the Daizen spring setup
Old 12-29-03, 12:46 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by lexusk8
Those wheels remind me of the stock RX330 wheels (see 2nd pic from the first post). Very similar design in both of them, but nonetheless they look just right with the Daizen spring setup
lol you always seem to notice alot of little things in the pics... You have really good eyes.
Old 12-29-03, 07:36 AM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for posting those pics. I also have an '03 Black Sportdesign and have been trying to figure out what to do next. My suspension is L-tuned all the way, and I'm happy with the compromise between ride and handling. I'm leaning toward BBS RGRs in Diamond Black, but I sure like the way those Mille Miglias look. Interesting that it looks like the L-tuned grille was installed but not the side skirts. Anyway, car looks great!
Old 12-29-03, 05:11 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats a nice drop....esp with 20s on there...it really fills the gap perfectly. Looks-wise, I don't care for the fact that the rear sits lower than the front....performance-wise, there's a reason for that.

Last edited by PHML; 12-29-03 at 05:20 PM.

Quick Reply: pics of daizen springs drop