Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-04, 01:36 PM
ballin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bars

Well, I'm in the market for new sway bars and was looking for a set. I was thinking of mixing brands of sway bar for better ride. I would like to put Daizens or Sportivos for the fronts and TRD for the rear. I was wandering if thats OK to do. The reason for choosing the Daizen or Sportivo for the front is not to have too much road vibration steering feedbacks, but improve handling. The TRD rear will hopefully help with the floaty feeling I get going over bridge bumps. Please dont flame on me because I'm not to tech savvy about GS suspensions.
Old 01-16-04, 04:33 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Tech savvy does have something to do with it but I am not sure you can buy individual bars. In that case, you will buying all three sets (been there, done that) and experimenting on your own. That is pretty costly and unless you really know what you are doing, it is not a very good idea. Just pick one and go for it. If you don't like the results, you can always run an ad and sell them and move on. And if you do mix and match, you are going to get them all anyway.

Without trying to sound like I am flaming, don't get too excited posting what you should do in this area. When you bring ride and handling together in a thread you can't get away from what else you have done to the car, the kinds of roads you have where you are, and, most importantly, what your "buttometer" tells you - and no two buttometers give the same response.
Old 01-16-04, 06:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i would suggest strongly against that. unless you know exactly the characteristic, it's a bad call. sways are meant to work for each other. personally i would go with daizen, coz' it handles just as good as the trd but the ride is not as harsh as the trd. at least from all my street driving i don't see how the trd out handles my daizen
Old 01-16-04, 06:09 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Everything else being equal, TRD blues produce consistently quicker lap times. Having said that, maybe I wasn't clear enough, I also agree that it is just not worth mixing and matching.

Last edited by RON430; 01-16-04 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-17-04, 01:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by RON430
Everything else being equal, TRD blues produce consistently quicker lap times. Having said that, maybe I wasn't clear enough, I also agree that it is just not worth mixing and matching.
you got times at the track to show us? this contradicts to what another member did with the daizen and trd at the track. the daizen was a full second or so faster

Last edited by rominl; 01-17-04 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-17-04, 02:38 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you do that combo you will die...repeat you WILL die...please don't do it!!!
Old 01-17-04, 06:10 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ballin

thers no reason to mix and match , daizens are better and offer equal to or better performance is you are looking at the overall picture.

ride quality becomes more controlled and cornering ability will reach the max , trds are great for track only conditions where susp compliance over road conditions is not part of the equation, remember trd is mainly focused on extreme and they are mainly focused on the supra stuff for racing

as far as mixing and matching take heed to what todd is saying he knows for he has done just that and relealized the negatives , if you want tighter in the rear remember DAIZENS ARE ADJUSTABLE IN THE REAR i run mine on its tightest setting for i have a stagg set up and that provides all the road holding you could desire , if you want to eliminate the rest of rear end walk , get the toms rear lower control bar (mine is now on the slow boat from japan) and get a decent upper rear strut tower bar and you are set

many here from the florida gs mafia have driven in my car and still cant believe the handling of my car at speeds in excess of 130 , it seems the faster i go the more controlled it gets

GET THE DAIZENS FROM TM ENG AND BE
Old 01-17-04, 06:43 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,441 Likes on 1,601 Posts

<duck - incoming>
Old 01-17-04, 12:20 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
<duck - incoming>
regardless of this or that, didn't we go over the lap time thing already???

DOh!!!
Old 01-17-04, 12:27 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by bitkahuna
<duck - incoming>
Not really. But yeah, I did find out what I wanted to know. Back to the point, I also agree, once again, that for the level of expertise that ballin professes, mixing and matching is not a good idea. Pick one and go for it. Any of them will be a noticeable difference from the stock.
Old 01-17-04, 02:35 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

hey bit

youre too funny
Old 01-18-04, 12:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Not really. But yeah, I did find out what I wanted to know. Back to the point, I also agree, once again, that for the level of expertise that ballin professes, mixing and matching is not a good idea. Pick one and go for it. Any of them will be a noticeable difference from the stock.
so where's the track time from you?
Old 01-18-04, 09:10 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,441 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally posted by lexforlife
hey bit

youre too funny
I'm staying in my bunker, I see the missiles are flying already. And I've been in GS's with both Daizen and TRD blue sways.
Old 01-18-04, 09:45 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by rominl
so where's the track time from you?
Like I said last year, I didn't do it to post. But I would encourage anyone who wants to get your own data to get both sets of TRDs, the Daizens, a fair amount of support, about three days of track time, and, in my case, a set of brakes and tires after it is done. It was worth it. But then I had to guarantee some confidentiality to the people who helped me. We all know what that is like.

hey bit, that's it for me on this topic unless any of the people who make money off these products post their development results to see why they did what they did. Seems like if you developed a good product and had the data to back it up, should be easy to post. Then we are back to verifying what the vendor says, just like the great, and only, intake shootout Ethan tried.

Last edited by RON430; 01-19-04 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-18-04, 10:49 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

u guys make me feel like it was a bad idea getting trd sways over daizens

Quick Reply: Sway bars