Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Bushings and Ball joint Boots

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-04, 10:48 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HELP BALL JOINT BOOT

Hey,

I searched but found only the results of the front replacements. I was wondering how much of a ride quality will degrade from replacing the rears. IE. like how we all know that the front uppers will result in a harsher ride than just the lowers. is this the same for the rear? also, to get the control arm off hte ball join, i used a fork type thing on an air gun and it ended up tearing the boot on the ball joint. anyone know where i can get just the boot? i've tried the dealership and my local kragen, dealership only sells the whole ball joint where kragen doesn't even have a listing for the ball joint.

TIA,
Ant

Last edited by LexAnt; 01-23-04 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-20-04, 01:08 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

also i was wondering if supra ball joints would fit just as well? i just checked with all my local autoparts store and apparently just the boot isn't sold so i have to get the whole ball joint. which sucks. but yea.... any idea on supra ball joints? and whether it will be an upgrade or be just an oem replacement?
Old 01-23-04, 05:32 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

okae so apparently i found out there is no way to get just the ball joint boot or simply just the ball joint. i'm stuck, any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. i wanna finish the install of these daizens before i head back to school in a week. so if you know something plz help quick.
Old 01-23-04, 10:26 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, if the ball joints are shot or the boot is ripped, you're only option is to get a new control arm. Get the Supra arms, as they are under $200 each and are an exact replacement.
Old 01-24-04, 12:07 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

yea but then that would make my bushings useless i would think.... and i would think that somewhere out there i can find a boot or any ideas on rigging up a boot? since it only suppose to keep dust out of the ball joint
Old 01-25-04, 06:41 PM
Buttercup
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about if you check out a junkyard and get the control arms. The ball joints might not be damaged but the bushings probably will, so you can use that to bring the price down.
Old 01-26-04, 11:54 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buttercup's right... i'm going through this same ordeal with my rear controller arm. I'm getting daizen bushings installed in the rear suspension,and one of the boots ripped on the upper arm(now leaking grease). i looked on the rubber boot and noticed a part number on the surface of the boot, called up the dealers with the part # and got nowhere with this. it just doesn't make sense to me that the boot is separate from the arm(a wire tie holds the boot to the ball joint),and they don't sell the boot by itself-this sucks...you're only other option at this point is just what he said, look for another arm with a boot intact and you should be able to repack it with grease and youre good to go- this is the route i'm taking..good luck!