Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Will supra TT suspension / brakes fit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-04, 04:12 PM
cefiro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will supra TT suspension / brakes fit?

I was wondering if the Supra TT suspension and brakes will fit an sc300?

Another question: If I do the GTE conversion and use a supra downpipe, can I use supra TT exhaust?
Old 01-30-04, 06:30 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes to the brakes and suspension...not exactly sure about the exhausts...Do a search..
Old 01-30-04, 06:47 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

Supra exhaust will be a few inches short
Old 01-30-04, 11:03 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So would a Tein coilover system for Supra 93-98 fit the Lexus SC 92-00?

I gotta fix my rubbing and squeaking issues. It's so annoying!
-Brian.
Old 01-31-04, 08:57 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

from what ive heard suspension parts from a supra will swap over just fine. There are many members running at the very least supra shocks/struts. Coilovers should follow.
On the squeaking issue, it may not be the shock/strut combination causing it. Look into the state of your control arm bushings. From experience with the supra, the squeaking/creaking sound that is really loud and annoying is due to worn out bushings on the control arms. There are a few options to alleviate this on the sc without having to buy a whole new control arm.
Old 01-31-04, 04:41 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Originally posted by rscott
from what ive heard suspension parts from a supra will swap over just fine. There are many members running at the very least supra shocks/struts. Coilovers should follow.
On the squeaking issue, it may not be the shock/strut combination causing it. Look into the state of your control arm bushings. From experience with the supra, the squeaking/creaking sound that is really loud and annoying is due to worn out bushings on the control arms. There are a few options to alleviate this on the sc without having to buy a whole new control arm.
I'm guessing that the squeaking noise is from worn bushings. I was planning on just replacing the shocks with coilovers, since it will probably save me a bit on labor in the long run.

What are the other options to alleviate the squeaking issue? I was planning on getting front and rear Supra control arms from Curt, the Tein HA or FLEX coilovers or the JIC SF-1, and an alignment. This is quite a bit of money

Now I just have to figure out what the "thump thump thump" noise is when I make a sharp turn at a very slow speed. I'm hoping that an alignment will solve the problem. I only had this problem start after I put on the Supra TT wheels.

Thanks,
-Brian.
Old 02-01-04, 08:04 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

If i were to change the stock sc3's shocks/struts to supra tt stocks , would i need to change to supra tt upper mounts too? I need to double check, i'm getting these soon and i want to know if i'll need to replace the upper mounts too. Thanks.

Last edited by mrshabo; 02-01-04 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-01-04, 08:32 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mrshabo
If i were to change the stock sc3's shocks/struts to supra tt stocks , would i need to change to supra tt upper mounts too? I need to double check, i'm getting these soon and i want to know if i'll need to replace the upper mounts too. Thanks.
No, the mounts are all the same, however if you use the TT rear shocks, you'll need to use the TT rear springs as well. There's no issues on the fronts.
Old 02-11-04, 01:51 AM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

After doing a bit of searching, it seems the lower control arms from a Supra TT do **NOT** fit the Lexus SCs? Apparently the length is a little short, because the Supra subframe is a bit wider?

What's the definitive answer on this? Anyone know? Please?

Thanks,
-Brian.
Old 02-21-04, 03:41 AM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Brakes fit but make sure your wheels will clear it, I know my stock 16s wouldn't.
Old 02-23-04, 12:29 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Supra MKIV front lower control arms fit the SC. None of the rear arms fit because of differences in subframes. To use Supra brakes, you'll need wheels designed for the Supra. Regular Lexus 17" rims won't clear the big brakes.