Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What springs will give me this much of a drop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-04, 12:14 PM
crazeazn
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tein s techs are good stuff
Old 02-16-04, 12:46 PM
01IS300
Driver School Candidate

does anyone know who's car this is?
Old 02-16-04, 10:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: too low?

Originally posted by mmarshall
Yes, crossing them at an angle works well for driveways, ramps, etc...... but how about potholes and frost heaves? Potholes are often hard to see at night or if they're filled with water. Besides the alignment problems and tire/wheel damage they cause, they can rip a low front air dam right off. But I notice that many of you guys with the customized and lowered front ends live in California, where at least in the lower elevations and the warm climate you don't get much pavement damage from freezing and thawing like we do here in the East....your roads must stay pretty smooth.
well i am sure there are roads that are worse out there, but dont' underestimate the roads on cali. we got tons of potholes everywhere and our freeway systems are very very badly warn and you get bad conditions road everywhere. so far i have never scrap my car when going straight and hit something.
Old 02-17-04, 11:45 AM
01IS300
Driver School Candidate

Werd...
Old 02-18-04, 04:40 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

thats my 01 on tein ha's.....

coilovers are the ONLY way to go IMO

and i live in the northeast...and my car has been on the ground for the majority... driving a slammed car is nothing like driving a stock camry... u need to be aware of everything.... its a different attitude behind the wheel. there will be times when no matter how fast u react or try to react its too late.... but there will always be pros and cons to everything.... its just a matter of preference... some people like wood grain in their IS.... others would NEVER even think of wood grain in any car... some like the ride quality nice and smooth....some cant live without a little bounce....

you are better offf getting coilovers...if you have been in the honda game for 6 years then u should know, if you're gonna do something.... DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!! otherwise, you will spend at least twice as much fixin or replacing whatever you tried to save money on

Last edited by GGPIS3; 02-18-04 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-18-04, 09:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by TicaLis300
thats my 01 on tein ha's.....

coilovers are the ONLY way to go IMO

and i live in the northeast...and my car has been on the ground for the majority... driving a slammed car is nothing like driving a stock camry... u need to be aware of everything.... its a different attitude behind the wheel. there will be times when no matter how fast u react or try to react its too late.... but there will always be pros and cons to everything.... its just a matter of preference... some people like wood grain in their IS.... others would NEVER even think of wood grain in any car... some like the ride quality nice and smooth....some cant live without a little bounce....

you are better offf getting coilovers...if you have been in the honda game for 6 years then u should know, if you're gonna do something.... DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!! otherwise, you will spend at least twice as much fixin or replacing whatever you tried to save money on

that's why i got coilovers on both my cars