Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Installed TEIN HA + EDFC on my GS400

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-04, 12:45 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks for the reply D

I may just go with th edfc just for the hell of it.I have alot of electronics in my car but I guess one or should I say four more aren't going to hurt..I can't wait!!! Soon, very soon....
Old 03-12-04, 01:01 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust me bro, you will not be disappointed, and we have a Money back guarantee! If your not FULLY satisfied with the EDFC, just mail your name and address to BITKAHUNA, and he will send you a full refund+shipping costs!! J/k bit
Old 03-12-04, 01:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Bit / Rom- I will get in contact with the shop, by one concern is long term service (ie, if a problem arises will they be held responsible) etc. I have to admit this shop is honest and does good work, but I will still clarify/confirm that with him!

Thanks you guys for all the input.

BTW- Rom, i think mine rubs on the outer portion too because it grabbed that platic fender liner (the one on the edge) one day, I just bent it back in place. You are not scared to damage the fender or the tire constantly rubbing? My car sits in the driveway all day, i only drive it to the carwash and back during the week, but I take road trips to NY on weekends, thats why I raised it last night. I was scared to be on the highway, hit a big dip and the front wheels ****** that fender tab!!
D, ok i will give my 2 cents here. if you rub to the point that you actually pulled out the fender tab (liner), that's not caused by any rubbing when you are going straight. here's why:

i have +32 offset and you have +38. my sticks out a good 6mm from yours and i only BARELY rub that fender tab when i am going straight and hit some deep dip. just a slight "shhh" and that's it. the rubber fender tab has rub mark on it but it's just rubbing away the fender tab, it didn't pull it out. in fact if you think about it, if you hit a dip that pushes your wheels up and rub, it will hit it upward, how can it pull down the fender tab?

now the reason why you pulled out that fender tab is this. say your pessenger side one is pulled out (which i think is very likely. is it?), that's coz' when you do a pretty hard right turn and you go up a driveway too fast. when you do hard right, you hit the driveway, the right wheel will get pushed up, it catches the fender tab, and since you are going FORWARD, it pulled out the tab. i have done a lot of testing on different conditions and this is pretty much the only scenario to pull out teh fender tab. i have seen TWO cases on GS and LS that produced this result. another scenario would be say you aer doing very fast canyon run up and down, you see a hard right coming up, you do that right, but suddenly it go uphill again. the right wheel again get pushed up, and you will hear "BOOM" and that's your WHOLE fender got pulled out. very bad.

so in order to prevent that and also drive low, you need to be VERY careful when going up driveway etc... for me, with 20s i actually get quite some clearance, but i still go very slow on driveway, specially at the incline point. reason is not i am afraid of scraping (well, that too), but it's to prevent myself from blowing the fender.

and about the tires, i rub here and there sometimes but so far i have no problems on the tires. but trust me, if you go that low, when you rub, you rub the top of teh fender as well. after a while take a look at the to of your fender, you will probably see a hole there

i drive a lot around town, and i drive a lot between norcal and socal. so far everything has been great
Old 03-12-04, 01:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh and also, my old volks av3 19x8.5 in the front, it's +38 and i lowered the car even a tad more than it is now. i didn't rub anything at all, straight or curve. that's another reference point too
Old 03-12-04, 01:37 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Default D were can I purchase an edfc?

I'm assuming that you got yours from bit.Anybody or place that you can recommend.
Old 03-12-04, 01:43 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,591 Posts
Default Re: D were can I purchase an edfc?

Originally posted by johnee78
I'm assuming that you got yours from bit.Anybody or place that you can recommend.
No he's kidding, it's a little in joke cuz I liked the EDFC so much D felt like he 'had' to get one.

I got mine from a local IS owner in Georgia who had sold his Teins and still had an EDFC he had no use for.
Old 03-12-04, 01:49 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
oh and also, my old volks av3 19x8.5 in the front, it's +38 and i lowered the car even a tad more than it is now. i didn't rub anything at all, straight or curve. that's another reference point too
Henry, my car is definitely setup lower now with the Tein Flex than it was with the L-Tuned springs/shocks, and I also have 19x8.5 +38 in front, and I have the fat setup 245/40-19's. I find that I rub *less* with the Tein Flex than I did with the L-Tuned. I can rub the front fender when rolling back out of my garage at VERY low speed and turning at an angle. This is certainly no biggie. With the L-Tuned I'd rub (prob top of fender well) if I hit a dip in the road at some speed. This has still happened with the Tein Flex, but it seems to happen less. But I also wanted to say that some of the rubbing (not sure when) is definitely on the fender lip because I've felt that plastic worn some (and l'il bits hanging off). It's no biggie and I'm more than happy with the trade-off in looks. It's just GREAT.
Old 03-12-04, 01:50 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

OK well I guess I better start checking classified ads....
Old 03-12-04, 02:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Henry, my car is definitely setup lower now with the Tein Flex than it was with the L-Tuned springs/shocks, and I also have 19x8.5 +38 in front, and I have the fat setup 245/40-19's. I find that I rub *less* with the Tein Flex than I did with the L-Tuned. I can rub the front fender when rolling back out of my garage at VERY low speed and turning at an angle. This is certainly no biggie. With the L-Tuned I'd rub (prob top of fender well) if I hit a dip in the road at some speed. This has still happened with the Tein Flex, but it seems to happen less. But I also wanted to say that some of the rubbing (not sure when) is definitely on the fender lip because I've felt that plastic worn some (and l'il bits hanging off). It's no biggie and I'm more than happy with the trade-off in looks. It's just GREAT.
yeah you rub in the front coz' it's just like 20s, overspec, gotta be the case. you rub less with the flex even lower is most likely due to the beauty of the design, where the damping control of the flex is done a lot more complex and well between the springs/shocks. from my experience, a lot of times with springs/shocks, setup, when you hit something, the whole car sacks (or reacts) pretty big, and then it damps away fast. with the coilovers i have so far, the damping is a lot less, which is a plus. i guess that's why.

but for the record though, i DO rub more with my CS than my flex. not a lot lot more, but slightly more

and i am surprised about you rubbing with you 8.5 +38. in that case maybe the taller wheel overall is making the difference in rubbing.
Old 03-12-04, 04:22 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rominl- I ahve to give you credit man, you know ur stuff!! I was rushing home and I pulled into my drive way (turning right) when I snatched it down! I was going faster than usual too!

Johnee- yeah I was teasing Bit, you can get the EDFC from any Tein dealer, also I'm 99% positive carson sells them

Bit- I can definitely vouch for what Rom is saying, when I was at bellyscraper height, the stiffer I set the EDFC, the less I rubbed. And with the Flex (especially the mounts and all) I would bet the car is probably twice as stiff as the Ltuned!
Old 03-12-04, 05:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Rominl- I ahve to give you credit man, you know ur stuff!! I was rushing home and I pulled into my drive way (turning right) when I snatched it down! I was going faster than usual too!

Johnee- yeah I was teasing Bit, you can get the EDFC from any Tein dealer, also I'm 99% positive carson sells them

Bit- I can definitely vouch for what Rom is saying, when I was at bellyscraper height, the stiffer I set the EDFC, the less I rubbed. And with the Flex (especially the mounts and all) I would bet the car is probably twice as stiff as the Ltuned!
haha you are welcome man, i only tell from my experience and the homework i did (i did way too much hw when i was shopping for my hre). but yeah, that can explain why most of the time when you see a blown fender, it's on the pessenger side. you go into driveway by turning right most of the time

so yeah, from this point on, if yuo wanna stay low, drive slow too trust me people always horn me when i go up driveway and stuff, well i don't care, in fact i go even slower. they can kiss my ****