Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Front/rear chasis braces - any improvements ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-04, 01:41 PM
chrisleX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front/rear chasis braces - any improvements ?

i'm planning to get those braces, completing the setup ( upper/lower front/rear suspension stress bars ) ! any handling improvements ? thx.
Old 03-24-04, 04:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am pretty darn sure it will help, even my front braces they help already. from what neo and rmmgs4 told me, the rear helps too
Old 03-24-04, 05:12 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think lower braces are as critical until you have upgraded tires/rims, sways, coilovers and upper STBs. Once you have all these mods, if you still want to get handling to the next level, then I would get the braces. You will notice less of an improvement if you do the braces before all the other mods are in.

Basically the braces stiffen up the body from flexing, which let's the suspension do it's job better. The car becomes more stable and feels very well controlled. The steering response is better and I could notice it even on turns as slow as 35mph.

The trade off is that hard bumps are now transmitted through the suspension, body and all the way to your teeth much more. If ride comfort is a concern, I would hold off until the other mods are in, then decide if you are willing to lose a little more ride comfort for the "next level" of increased handling.

This also is why I use the Tein EDFC, so I can drive around at full soft until I find a need to do more spirited driving. There is A LOT more noticable difference in the ride comfort when using the EDFC, especially because the braces make the car much more sensitive to feeling rough surfaces.
Old 03-24-04, 10:42 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was going to chime in but it looks like everything is under control here.

I agree with RMMGS4. Get the other pieces first. I did find that my rear end was a little loose after my initial upgrade of 18s, L-Tuned S/S, and TRD sways. The Tom's RLCB fixed that right up. Try your initial setup first and then see if you need/want to tweak more.