Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Partial TT Brake parts have arrived....but

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-04, 05:37 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Update!!!! Front TT Brakes installed (PICS)

I just recevied my Rotora TT slotted rotors and Earl's Stainless Steel Brake Lines.
I'm still waiting on the brand new Calipers, shim kit, Pads, fitting kit, and Motul Brake fluid.

But, I have a question for all of the CL members out there that have done the TT Brake conversion.
Did you guys get the SS lines for an SC or a Supra Turbo? I got Supra TT ones. Will these bolt on problem free? Any pointers are certainly welcomed. Thanks

Here is pic of what I got so far.
Attached Thumbnails Partial TT Brake parts have arrived....but-slotted-tt-rotors-and-ss-lines.jpg  

Last edited by SC400Dude; 04-10-04 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-27-04, 05:57 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

OOps, I just noticed that I posted this thread in the wrong section.

Moderators, please move this thread to the proper forum, Thanks
Old 03-27-04, 09:27 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

SC400Dude,

The supra TT lines will fit just fine.

Good luck on the install.

Chris
Old 03-27-04, 09:33 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used BFgoodrich ss lines for a TT on my SC3 and I had to cut off the oem flares from my hard pipe and use compression fittings to get it all to work. No big deal, but took a little creativity. The goodrich line fittings would not fit over my oem flares. Maybe the earls lines are different. Everthing else was cake.
Old 03-28-04, 12:01 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by quikturbo
SC400Dude,

The supra TT lines will fit just fine.

Good luck on the install.

Chris

Thanks Chris and AWJ, I'll keep you posted along with pics....

Phuong
Old 03-28-04, 09:58 AM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default $89

Saw the Supra Store selling these @ $89, is that the going price? Very interested in your install experience on the SC. If this is a simple bolt on fit, that's great news.
Old 03-29-04, 10:48 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's something Hermosa told me from his TT install:
"Hey what stainless steel lines did you buy? If you are going to use stainless steel lines in the back, the Supra TT ones won't seal and you'll end up with brake fluid everywhere. I thought using Supra TT brakelines would work with the calipers. It sounded like it made sense but I was wrong. The threaded part of the steel tubing does not mate properly on the car but does on the caliper. I just want to save you some time and pain if you haven't already found this out."
I haven't done the install yet, so I can't say what works best. If you're still not sure which way to go, give Steve at Carson Toyota a call and ask him which is best. Just wanted to pass on what I've been told.
Old 03-29-04, 11:32 AM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

i remember reading hermosa's post too... i haven't confirmed anythign though
Old 03-29-04, 07:28 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Let us know if these are a direct fit. It would be nice to get ss lines w/out having to do any extra modding.

Tim
Old 03-29-04, 09:28 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by TGRich
Let us know if these are a direct fit. It would be nice to get ss lines w/out having to do any extra modding.

Tim
I'm only doing the front for right now. I will definetly keep you guys posted. Since money doesn't grow on trees, I'll have to settle for the rears later. I'll try and capture pics as well.
Old 03-31-04, 07:14 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine have not leaked one drop. Fitment was just fine on my install (front and rear)
Threads matched up nicely as well as the flares.
Just giving some info on my experience.

Chris
Old 03-31-04, 07:20 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Ok here it goes....

I walk into the Parts Department of Toyota(Oxnard) and ask to buy the remaining parts of this Conversion(Supra TT Front Brake system), and the guys back there tell me that I need a VIN number from the Supra Turbo. I said "Huh?, I don't have a Supra, I plan to put these on my SC coupe" . They still insisted that I get a VIN number because if they order the parts without the VIN, then if it is the wrong part, I cannot return it. I thought this was a bunch of BS because you would think they would have the part number(s) on file. Frustrated, I just walked out and tried the next Toyota Dealer(Ventura).
This didn't help the situation any better. They said the same thing~! I just want the shim kit, pads, and fitting kit. That's all. To make things worse for my well being, the guy at this location asked me "Why would you want to add bigger brakes to your car??" I thought to myself, "Uh Duh, I want to increase my braking performance..." Instead, I held my anger back and just left.
Sorry Guys, thought I'd like to share this with you and need a bit of venting

Well, it looks like I'll be giving Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota a PM and a call for advice......

To Be Continued..........
Old 03-31-04, 07:28 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny, I get that " I need a VIN for the Supra orders" crap alot when trying to get parts from a dealer. You would get a better price from Carson Toyota.

gadgetSC-t
Old 04-01-04, 12:28 AM
Chris4.3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by SC400Dude
Ok here it goes....

I walk into the Parts Department of Toyota(Oxnard) and ask to buy the remaining parts of this Conversion(Supra TT Front Brake system), and the guys back there tell me that I need a VIN number from the Supra Turbo. I said "Huh?, I don't have a Supra, I plan to put these on my SC coupe" . They still insisted that I get a VIN number because if they order the parts without the VIN, then if it is the wrong part, I cannot return it. I thought this was a bunch of BS because you would think they would have the part number(s) on file. Frustrated, I just walked out and tried the next Toyota Dealer(Ventura).
This didn't help the situation any better. They said the same thing~! I just want the shim kit, pads, and fitting kit. That's all. To make things worse for my well being, the guy at this location asked me "Why would you want to add bigger brakes to your car??" I thought to myself, "Uh Duh, I want to increase my braking performance..." Instead, I held my anger back and just left.
Sorry Guys, thought I'd like to share this with you and need a bit of venting

Well, it looks like I'll be giving Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota a PM and a call for advice......

To Be Continued..........
Because of Steve @ Carson, not only do they have a performance showroom, you also get better prices and you can also save yourself from frustration, as mentioned, and driving around to different dealers that don't really KNOW what we're trying to accomplish to our cars. Makes us appreciate Steve even more
Old 04-01-04, 07:00 PM
MCL
Rookie

You could also check with Champion / Jay Marks Toyota (http://www.trdracing.com/) or Elmhurst Toyota (http://nitra.toyotadealer.com/elmhurst/en_US/) they are who most people over on the supraforum use to order factory. Both get a lot of good praise! Good Luck

Quick Reply: Partial TT Brake parts have arrived....but