Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

air bag kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-04, 04:29 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one question what are you going to go about the noise from the compressors? insullation of some sort ? cuz its loud
Old 04-09-04, 10:08 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Compressor noise won't be so bad because of the factory insulation from the factory and the compressor only runs between 2-3 min. to fully fill up a tank that is totally empty..John, I would strongly recomend that you have the compressor and valves for the rear of the car mounted in the trunk.And if you haven't already you may want to add some sound deadening in your trunk area to reduce any noise and vibration.Like I said the airride system rode very good and turns alot of heads, like you need anymore attention junction..
Old 04-09-04, 10:46 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by JunctionGS
I've gotten the chance to speak with a lot people who's cars are on air. Even Junction Produce Japan advised me in my choices to get on air. I am taking a chance, but for me, I don't drive my car hard, I don't take those corners all hard. My car has become a cruiser. I think of my car at a level right before a TRAILER Queen, but I still want to drive this to the mall and what not. I began to hate cranking the coilovers for events and then cranking it back up to drive it around. I'd much rather lower it with air at a show and thats about it. Leave it at a decent level for daily driving.

I was just warned not to lock up the suspension (raise the car to its highest point) The more air that you have the less suspension travel you will have. I was also told that at a good height, your ride will be almost like stock, if not softer?

I will find out in about a week or so when my GS is done.. I am taking a chance out there cause most ClubLexus owners are against air because of those people who treat them like hydros. I just want to save 2 hours of my time at shows and events when I lower and raise the car. :X
Hey John, quick question. by any chance, are you using one of the companies that were at the SEMA show last year for your air suspension. I remember Steve Ganz and I were having a talk with a company that was trying to bring their air ride system to the states. They were from Japan. They had an SC430 on display if I remember correctly...
Old 04-09-04, 11:04 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't use anyone I met at SEMA last year. The only air suspension company I saw from Japan last year was Air Runner? but they had an Accord in their booth? I wonder what air ride company you are referring to. I must of missed them.