Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: TEIN FLEX's or CS's
Wait a month and get the FLEX's
71.43%
Take the CS's now
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Help me pick my suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-04, 10:46 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help me pick my suspension

Well, after going through my Tein box I discovered that TEIN sent my the wrong suspension so I'm still without coilovers. I originally wanted the JIC FLT A2's but JIC raised their prices out of my price range. My options are either the TEIN Flex's or the CS's. I wanted the Flex's but they are on back order and the wait could be over a month but the CS's are in stock now. This car is my daily driver but I do like to take it to the track. I may try some autocross this year too.

The Flex's are more sporty. Geared for road racing and auto cross. They are firmer and eliminate most body roll.

CS's are more geared for daily driving and high speed freeway runs. They eliminate some body roll.

Give me some help
Old 04-12-04, 12:22 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if you enjoy the feel of a luxury car but the sportiness of a sports car i would go with the cs'. even if you do want to autocross how much are you going to be doing this....even if it is a weekend thing are you willing to give up comfort for a very stiff ride... to me it gets tiresome to hit bumps and have my insides shaken up, thats why im getting rid of my honda for a lexus. but again its up to you so think about what will suit your preferences best.
Old 04-12-04, 12:23 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the CS on my car and have driven them for 600 miles...They are truly AMAZING on the HIGH SPEED highway cruises..They hug the curves very well when going around 70 mph....

However, they ride soft, so to truly eliminate the most body roll without losing a "STOCK" like ride...I would suggest you go with the Daizen Sways also to go ago with CS....This combo is the ultimate knock out punch for performance and comfort, IMHO...

Seeing that your on a budget and have a interest in AutoX..The best choice would be Flex...

Last edited by One HoT SC400; 04-12-04 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-12-04, 02:01 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Keep in mind, the price difference between the Flex's and the CS's is minimal. Maybe $50. I'm not too worried about that. I'm more concerned with getting the correct set up. I have considered getting the Daizen sways so that would definately keep the body roll in check. Would the sways stiffen the ride at all or just eliminate the body roll?

I was under the impression that the Flex's gave a firm but not harsh ride. Is this incorrect?

Last edited by Vegassc400; 04-12-04 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-12-04, 04:08 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would the sways stiffen the ride at all or just eliminate the body roll?
Daizen Sways are 98% stiffer than stock....Supra TT Sways 28% stiffer than stock....Numbers I got from Todd of TM engineering...

I recall in one past thread a member installed both Flex and Daizen sways...He claimed that he TOTALLY eliminated body roll....NO BODY ROLL at all with this combo....So you might want to consider these two mods...

Flex is in between HA and CS....Not too soft, not too harsh...

Sometimes I wish my CS was more stiff...Just a tad too soft for me, but good for NY roads...

Last edited by One HoT SC400; 04-12-04 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-26-04, 12:22 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Well, now both the CS's and Flex's are on back order until the end of May so ordering now is not an option. I've found a better use for that money now anyway. I'm buying my first investment property in the next couple weeks. Mods, please close this thread. Thanks.