Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

My new suspension set-up (semi-write up)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-04, 11:02 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think for those of us that need good handling suspension but still like the air suspension air runner would probably be a better choice I know some one that is looking in to this a member here and hopefully he does it so we can get some feed back
Old 04-22-04, 12:10 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for some handling thats more closer to coilovers, I think that air runners would be a good choice. Or you can use an air bag that goes over a strut. With the air runners, you can still adjust the dampening to give u the firm handling close to coilovers. Nothing of course will be like coilovers, but having the best of both worlds is a good thing!

what stopped me from air runners? the price. retail for air runners in the US is nearly 6000.
Old 04-22-04, 12:26 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nevermind might aswell buy an SC
Old 04-22-04, 01:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by JunctionGS
for some handling thats more closer to coilovers, I think that air runners would be a good choice. Or you can use an air bag that goes over a strut. With the air runners, you can still adjust the dampening to give u the firm handling close to coilovers. Nothing of course will be like coilovers, but having the best of both worlds is a good thing!

what stopped me from air runners? the price. retail for air runners in the US is nearly 6000.
ok, i am still young, i can use some elbow grease
Old 04-22-04, 02:24 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
actually i was talking to someone the other day, and although the air suspension is good, the handling side of it is pretty bad coz' it's just hard to compare that with coilovres.
Most who do get air are not into it for the handling......... My last two cars had stock air susp w/ the aftermarket controller. Most folks I know are into showing off the car not racing/ seeing how great the car handles. Stock system works great for me I can raise/lower it about 3" each way thats good enough for me and my car still handles nice. As for handling the STB I put on the car made a big diffrence so thats even better.

Most who Mod the heck out of a car for show baby the car......

I would never go back to coilovers unless i was into drifting.
Old 04-22-04, 04:53 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by JunctionGS

So .... if some one wants a setup like yours..... around how much would it run? all installed ...

Help !
Old 04-22-04, 05:10 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

sorry bout that. Its probably gonna cost 3000+ retail priced installed. 2000+ for the kit and 1000 for install.
Old 08-06-04, 12:40 AM
chrisgs
Driver

JunctionGS,
How do you consider your ride on air suspension over your previous coilover? i also want one for my GS. thanks

Last edited by chrisgs; 08-06-04 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-12-04, 06:34 AM
gewe21
Lead Lap

JunctionGS:

Does this air setup require you to do suspension alignment everytime you change height, or... how's the deal with that ? Even w/ coilovers, it is better to have alignment everytime you change height, no ?
Old 08-12-04, 04:46 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by gewe21
Even w/ coilovers, it is better to have alignment everytime you change height, no ?
Your best bet is to find the height you want to drive your car most at and do the alignment.

mine is camber in so it eats up the inside of the tires fast....... thats the look I want.
Old 08-19-04, 06:47 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by {-.-}
Your best bet is to find the height you want to drive your car most at and do the alignment.

mine is camber in so it eats up the inside of the tires fast....... thats the look I want.
do you have any pics of your car {-.-}????
Old 08-19-04, 09:37 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey junction how about some pics of the setup in the trunk and pics of the switch setup ????

Last edited by lexusondubs; 08-19-04 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-08-04, 12:59 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by chrisgs
JunctionGS,
How do you consider your ride on air suspension over your previous coilover? i also want one for my GS. thanks
Well its night and day. with the Tein HA's installed, I was able to drive the car very aggressively...

HOWEVER with the Air Suspension, my car floats like a caddy!!! it had mad roll in it now, but that can be fixed if I get the side to side option. IF you do decide to get air, GET side to side... It will give each cylinder its own air pressure so it will handle a lot better than just getting front to back...
Old 09-08-04, 01:00 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gewe21
JunctionGS:

Does this air setup require you to do suspension alignment everytime you change height, or... how's the deal with that ? Even w/ coilovers, it is better to have alignment everytime you change height, no ?
probably, but I lower and raise the car EVERY day to get in and out of the driveways. so it would be useless to align and then change the height, then realign when I have to use it to go home...
Old 09-08-04, 01:01 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by lexusondubs
hey junction how about some pics of the setup in the trunk and pics of the switch setup ????
let me take some pics... my trunk is a mess right now...

Quick Reply: My new suspension set-up (semi-write up)