Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Latest News On Camber Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-04, 04:43 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally posted by varcity64
so if im getting the l-tuned setup installed like next week, i would need this ?? thanks
you should be fine and any good shop can use the factory camber adjustment to get your alignment into factory spec..If you were going to get coilovers like some of the members on CL then you would have something to be concerned about.but like most of us say, " if you want to play, you got to pay".Just some of us would like to pay less..So hows that kit coming along???
Old 05-04-04, 01:47 AM
zenki300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like a camber kit, please, please, PLEASE!

Hell, I did my best to try to find coilovers with adjustable pillowball mounts for the GS before I settled on whatever. The closest ones I found were the Zeals that sold optional adjustable pillowball mounts, but I wasn't ready to "investigate" if that optional part for the zeal function b coilovers would work for the GS, or if it was an "every-other-car-but-the-GS-option." I did notice that a lot of IS's have coilovers with the adjustable pillowball mount option, so I've been wondering exactly how different are the GS and the IS suspension?
Old 05-04-04, 06:58 AM
tirider
Driver School Candidate

Default Camber Kit

I, too would be interested in the camber kit. Willing to put a deposit down also.
Old 05-04-04, 08:02 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

This is good guys let keep this thread going so that it shows that there is a strong support and need for this product..

Last edited by johnee78; 05-04-04 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-04-04, 11:57 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by zenki300
I'd like a camber kit, please, please, PLEASE!

Hell, I did my best to try to find coilovers with adjustable pillowball mounts for the GS before I settled on whatever. The closest ones I found were the Zeals that sold optional adjustable pillowball mounts, but I wasn't ready to "investigate" if that optional part for the zeal function b coilovers would work for the GS, or if it was an "every-other-car-but-the-GS-option." I did notice that a lot of IS's have coilovers with the adjustable pillowball mount option, so I've been wondering exactly how different are the GS and the IS suspension?
Not sure what you mean by adjustable pillow mount, but the Lexus cars have a double wishbone suspension, which means that the upper mount has absolutely nothing to do with the suspension mechanics. The shock and spring are only there to support the vehicle and damp the suspension movement.

Sounds like someone talking out of their you-know-what with the IS stuff that you mentioned

Last edited by DoubleWhoosh; 05-04-04 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-04-04, 11:59 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

It's funny because I was thinking the exact same thing...But back to the whole camber kit situation..Hows that coming along..
Old 05-04-04, 10:55 PM
zenki300
Driver

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
Not sure what you mean by adjustable pillow mount, but the Lexus cars have a double wishbone suspension, which means that the upper mount has absolutely nothing to do with the suspension mechanics. The shock and spring are only there to support the vehicle and damp the suspension movement.

Sounds like someone talking out of their you-know-what with the IS stuff that you mentioned

Well, I think adjustable pillowball mounts is what they're called? Or is it Pillowball uppermounts? That's what I see them being referred to in most aftermarket companys' webpages anyways. I'm not a suspension expert, but I did try to research the topic before I gave up and settled with the Apexi WS's instead.

Here's from the endless webpage endless optional parts

and here's the direct link to their pillow ball-type camber adjustable upper mounts

Oh well, it doesn't matter as long as a camber kit does come out from some reputable company. But it would be nice to know exactly what kind of camber kit design the GS uses so others can go... "ah, I see, so and so car is like that too."

Last edited by zenki300; 05-04-04 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-06-04, 01:50 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb me too.. please

Todd. I would also like to deposit what ever the requirement if it helps in the development of CAMBER KIT
for GS. $100. Please count me in!!

Paul

alot of people here & all around are looking for camber kits.

Dave- Can we put up a sticky in the main GS forum to get more people to put down deposits?\
Just to gather interest from people.

Last edited by PAULGS430; 05-06-04 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-16-04, 06:50 PM
ballin
Pole Position

Default KAMBER KIT

Deposit ready to x-fer. Just say when.

It beats paying for new tires.
Old 05-16-04, 10:43 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by zenki300
Well, I think adjustable pillowball mounts is what they're called? Or is it Pillowball uppermounts? That's what I see them being referred to in most aftermarket companys' webpages anyways. I'm not a suspension expert, but I did try to research the topic before I gave up and settled with the Apexi WS's instead.

Here's from the endless webpage endless optional parts

and here's the direct link to their pillow ball-type camber adjustable upper mounts

Oh well, it doesn't matter as long as a camber kit does come out from some reputable company. But it would be nice to know exactly what kind of camber kit design the GS uses so others can go... "ah, I see, so and so car is like that too."
Well, my point was (once again) that you CANNOT have an adjustable mount on these cars. It is IMPOSSIBLE. The suspension does not accomodate anything of that sort.

The only Lexus that can do it is an ES250, ES300 and RX300 and probably RX330
Old 05-18-04, 05:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

so todd, did fortune read this? what did he say?
Old 05-18-04, 05:38 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i haven't read this in a couple days, r we giveing deposits 2 insure a product sale yet?
Old 05-18-04, 08:21 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
so todd, did fortune read this? what did he say?
???????? Thats what I want to know...
Old 05-18-04, 09:16 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too will be willing to give a deposit for a camber kit....Just say the word.....
Old 06-11-04, 07:10 AM
Tranman

....I would like to put in a deposit as well, if it helps for R&D purposes

Quick Reply: Latest News On Camber Kit?