Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

My StopTech vacation (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-04, 11:36 AM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey wasup chris
congrats on the stoptechs!! i was gonna get those cuz i like them a lot. hope everything is coming well together for u
Old 05-03-04, 01:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
Thanks for the feedback guys. Hameed and redgs4, I'm surprised you guys are not running the Ultimates. It's not a reflection of your driving style. I just thought you installed what came with the kit. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has to weigh the daily drivability against top performance.

Hameed, the feel was better after the second bedding. I love them now. I actually get a little squeek now and then though but you can't hear it from inside with the windows up. I just happened to have the window down (at a drive thru ) and heard it. Otherwise, I would never have known. Dust has been minimal.

It's funny. Now that I have more feel/feedback, I just love stomping on them, although I have to make sure I don't surprise the car behind me.
that's probably because hameed and redgs4 they just keep on gunnig their cars, they don't need to stop!
Old 05-03-04, 05:44 PM
clivej
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,
I am doing my front brakes tomorrow, OEM Rotors and ceramic pads, can anyone instruct me on the process of bedding the new pads.
Thanks
clive.
PS concrats on the BBK setup.
Old 05-03-04, 07:02 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
that's probably because hameed and redgs4 they just keep on gunnig their cars, they don't need to stop!
Hey, I resemble that remark!
Old 05-03-04, 07:21 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by clivej
Hi Guys,
I am doing my front brakes tomorrow, OEM Rotors and ceramic pads, can anyone instruct me on the process of bedding the new pads.
Thanks
clive.
PS concrats on the BBK setup.
Whats up clive, dont know if there is a bed in process for OEM items. I have OEM sized slotted/drilled rotors and Ultimate pads and I just went easy on them (no hard stops) for the first couple weeks.
Old 05-03-04, 07:26 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Neo congrats man. looks just awesome...
Old 05-03-04, 08:15 PM
clivej
Pole Position

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the reply D. Love the sound of the mufflers, just cant understand why they would be quiet when we could hear them a few hundred yards away.
Clive.
Old 05-03-04, 08:22 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Neo - 'bout time! I still appreciate the help you gave to me to get mine.

Way cool you got to get them installed AT StopTech! I actually talked to Matt Weiss a couple of times to get some help with the install - he's outstanding!

Could you post a pic of the brakes with the wheels on? (Just the wheel area, not the whole car) I'd like to see how they look under the rims.
Old 05-03-04, 09:44 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Andrew - It's never too late to get them but I have a feeling you have something bigger and better in mind.

bluelex - Thanks. I know you wanted a BBK too. Maybe you can get new wheels and move the Gettins to the 400.

Bit - No Prob. I'm glad you are enjoying them. Here is a pic I took at HIN. Look at the rust already. Anyway, I don't know if I had mentioned this to you in our emails or not but you willhave to relocate the wheel weights to the rear of the wheel. The calipers will clear the wheel but will just graze the wheel weights. Since you are only using the Salina as a spare, I'll let you make the call on if and/or how you want to rebalance the wheel.
Old 05-04-04, 11:23 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Sweet setup man.
That must stop one a dime.
Old 08-16-04, 12:06 AM
LexFather

Missed this Neo. Congrats! That's real cool getting it installed at StopTech.
Old 08-16-04, 12:21 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Missed this Neo. Congrats! That's real cool getting it installed at StopTech.
I see you are revisiting some of your on going threads (brakes which probably lead you here).

I did notice though that I told Bit of a pic and forgot to post the pic of the wheel. If you still need it Bit, here it is. I actually uploaded it to my gallery and just forgot to link it here. I guess better late then never. Man, that's a lot more wheel/fender gap then I remembered.

Last edited by Neo; 08-16-04 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-16-04, 12:50 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by Neo
I see you are revisiting some of your on going threads (brakes which probably lead you here).

I did notice though that I told Bit of a pic and forgot to post the pic of the wheel. If you still need it Bit, here it is. I actually uploaded it to my gallery and just forgot to link it here. I guess better late then never. Man, that's a lot more wheel/fender gap then I remembered.

Oh, just a lil research (noobs, i.e. SEARCH)
You didn't really make a write-up on feel. Since you've had them awhile, what's your short take?
I've driven Bitkahunas and I was in awe
Old 08-16-04, 11:57 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It's true, the StopTech staff are all very passionate about what they do. Matt and Bob are serious guys- but if you want to talk serious "tech," you should meet Steve Ruiz - that man is hard core!

Also, props to Jeff Ritter, an aerospace engineer-turned-StopTech Sales Manager. Not too many people would take a reduction in pay to do something they really love (I really relate to Jeff this way!). Jeff has a 350z that he hammers regularly...

Still lovin' my red StopTech 355mm kit- I abuse them daily!!
Old 08-16-04, 12:13 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 319 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally posted by SoCalSC4
It's true, the StopTech staff are all very passionate about what they do. Matt and Bob are serious guys- but if you want to talk serious "tech," you should meet Steve Ruiz - that man is hard core!

Also, props to Jeff Ritter, an aerospace engineer-turned-StopTech Sales Manager. Not too many people would take a reduction in pay to do something they really love (I really relate to Jeff this way!). Jeff has a 350z that he hammers regularly...

Still lovin' my red StopTech 355mm kit- I abuse them daily!!
Hey Bob, please read my thread about my StopTech's and let me know if you are having the same experience as I.

Neo, you too please

4 months later - my impressions of the StopTech BBK

I would like to contact StopTech to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. Any contact emails or phones you can give out?

Quick Reply: My StopTech vacation (PICS)