Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Per request - pics of Lexus front bushings - Courtesy EuroJulian

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-04, 06:40 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have TIS at home also. TIS comes with master status since last year..

Last edited by EUROJulian; 06-03-04 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-03-04, 06:43 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha I'm offically your new best friend
Old 06-08-04, 03:57 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Update

Today I removed old bushings from control arms and instaled new post `97 bushings w/o problems.
It was very easy job, I was kinda sceptical at first and I thought removal of old bushing be tough, but mighty air hammer brought them down with no time.
Pressing the new ones was also snap. I used 20ton press and some tire lube to help assembly as per australian gent recomendations, but at the end I don`t feel it was needed with OEM bushings.

I will be instaling those ctrl arms soon on my car. I decided to go ahead with TT Supra springs and struts and I`m waitng for the parts arrival as it make sense to do whole suspension job at the same time.

I will keep you posted on the final instalation resoults.
Old 06-09-04, 11:27 AM
RADSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds awesome.

Post some pics.
Old 06-09-04, 11:58 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Julian...you have me smiling now
Old 06-09-04, 12:00 PM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Julian,

You may be the first person ever on this forum to go from total outcast to hero in such a short time! Good for you. Keep us posted on your suspension upgrade and as always, do post pics!

Your new friend,

Jeremy
Old 06-09-04, 12:03 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by jeremyp111
Julian,

You may be the first person ever on this forum to go from total outcast to hero in such a short time! Good for you. Keep us posted on your suspension upgrade and as always, do post pics!

Your new friend,

Jeremy
lol you guys are so fickle.

Last edited by siniquezu; 06-09-04 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-09-04, 12:06 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by siniquezu
lol you guys are so fickle.
not me. I'm just happy to get useful info! The rest is inconsequential and this looks like it will be beneficial to many people here IF everything continues as it has in a trouble-free manner...

Last edited by mikeloc24; 06-09-04 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-09-04, 12:11 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

Originally posted by EUROJulian
Since the "other guy" is alredy posting the numbers, only half of it and wrong on the top of that, ( exact thing I was trying to avoid here ...) I may as well post numbers so you do not get runned alround at the dealers.
Numbers checked out OK, and since today I have both sets of bushings in my hands.

Info on bushings: Bushings are made for `97 and up SC there are two different bushings front and rear, with different numbers:

Front: 48654-24040

Rear: 48655-24050

I`m not posting my list prices since it is up to particular dealers in your area. Front ones should go alroud $50 a piece. rear ones alround $60.

Important to know for owners of cars made before `97. I will check the fit of the bushings on my ctrl arms and post the findings sometimes later. Any of the unpatient crowd is ordering those on their own risk at this point.

Front bushings look the same like ones in my ctrl arms, rear bushing are redesiged, made to be much stronger. It APPEAR that prospect of fitting in pre `97 are good, I will keep you posted.............
My question is, why not spend an extra $100 and get a complete set of Vlamos bushings which are supposedly more durable? I must admit though... Ive been waiting for about 3 months for my chrome sill plates from vlamos...
Old 06-09-04, 12:16 PM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by SC400-V8
My question is, why not spend an extra $100 and get a complete set of Vlamos bushings which are supposedly more durable? I must admit though... Ive been waiting for about 3 months for my chrome sill plates from vlamos...
Because you can save the $100, get them quicker and be good for another 90-100k miles. Most of us won't own the car for anywhere near that many miles.

Hey, BTW, where in MA are you? I work in Woburn.

Last edited by jeremyp111; 06-09-04 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-09-04, 12:17 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Because I hate waiting for shipping goods. Let me introduce myself, my name is Mr. Impatient ****. Nice to meet ya!

But I do see the logic in your point. It's just for me personally I'm big on cash and carry. I hand you cash and you hand me product. I just wanted to avoid getting an AUD bank draft and mailing it and waiting...and waiting...and waiting. That's my reason. But to each his own, if you don't mind waiting for shipping then the Vlamos route is surely the best way to restore your worn bushings IF you want the ride back to how it was when the car was new.
Old 06-09-04, 12:30 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

Originally posted by jeremyp111
Because you can save the $100, get them quicker and be good for another 90-100k miles. Most of us won't own the car for anywhere near that many miles.

Hey, BTW, where in MA are you? I work in Woburn.
\

I live in Spencer and frequent the Southbridge/Sturbridge/Chartlon areas on a daily basis.

Yeah I'd have to agree on the impatient-ness... So my question is, toyota now offers the bushings independent of the control arms?
Old 06-09-04, 02:27 PM
BAZ
Pole Position

That was my question too "bushings seperate" my soarer's screaming out for them! front & back that is

Nice one julian
Old 06-09-04, 02:56 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

...So my question is, toyota now offers the bushings independent of the control arms?
Yes. I called Jim Falk Lexus of Beverly Hills and gave the tech on the phone the part numbers Julian listed and they did come up in the computer, they have to order them though, but at least you know you can get rubber bushings without having to buy an entire control arm or sending off to Australia for them.

The thing we're all waiting for now is to see if he can re-mount the control arms and drive the car with no problems. If that's a go then we're all set! No more clankity clank from the floorboard!!

Last edited by mikeloc24; 06-09-04 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-09-04, 05:15 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

This is personal choice question everybody has to answer for themselfs. Personaly I keep my toyotas oryginal and do not use aftermarket parts at all. None, nada.

(I may have to make an exeption for the swaybars on SC though....)

Secondly on the durability issiue. Rear bushing (most problematic one) is totaly reengineered and look really impresive compared to old one.

Quick Reply: Per request - pics of Lexus front bushings - Courtesy EuroJulian