Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Per request - pics of Lexus front bushings - Courtesy EuroJulian

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-04 | 06:30 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Originally posted by mikeloc24
Julian, have you had time to put the arms back on the car yet? I'm anxious to hear the results...I want to do this repair asap!
I`m waiting for Supra springs. I sended MO to gentleman last week, so he should have it by now. Prolly another few days before i receive the springs. With springs ome I will order factory supra struts, that is another two days.

I want to do all suspension work at the same time, so I do not have to align vehicle twice. I will do ctrl arms, tie rod boot, struts and springs.
I do alot of work on that SC4 project. As you know I just finished headlights, tommorow it goes for window tint and there is no end to it ...
Old 06-17-04 | 04:36 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

hey julian, will the rear bushings for the 97 fit a pre 97?
Old 06-17-04 | 04:41 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by nextlevelcoupe
hey julian, will the rear bushings for the 97 fit a pre 97?
If you read through the thread you'll see the answer to your question. He said they do physically fit in the control arms, but he hasn't had a chance to test them out yet because he's waiting for parts to arrive.
Old 06-18-04 | 10:47 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

i ordered the lca front bushings today but,was given two different part #'s one side was the same as what julian posted.. the other was slightly different-(passenger side) and i was told it was bigger than the driver side(also slightly more money)$30.50 x2 for driver side $39.00x 2 for passenger side the part number is 48655-24050...any insight available?
Old 06-19-04 | 03:45 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Originally posted by nextlevelcoupe
i ordered the lca front bushings today but,was given two different part #'s one side was the same as what julian posted.. the other was slightly different-(passenger side) and i was told it was bigger than the driver side(also slightly more money)$30.50 x2 for driver side $39.00x 2 for passenger side the part number is 48655-24050...any insight available?
There are front bushings and rear bushings on the front ctrl arms. Not left and right.
Read my oryginal post with part numbers. Bigger bushings are the rear ones....
Old 06-19-04 | 05:13 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

my mistake... i did read it before i posted but, the dealer was giving me wrong info...i ordered the parts anyway, and will be ordering the bushings for the rear lca(98 sc4)for my 95 sc4....i will keep you guys posted.........

Last edited by nextlevelcoupe; 06-19-04 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-22-04 | 04:41 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Julian, the reason I replaced the entire arm was for exactly the reason you mentioned; to not have to do it again later, after investing $ in bushings while the balljoints were on their way out.
Old 06-22-04 | 05:27 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by SCV8
Julian, the reason I replaced the entire arm was for exactly the reason you mentioned; to not have to do it again later, after investing $ in bushings while the balljoints were on their way out.
exactly.........this is just a temporary fix.
Old 06-23-04 | 03:06 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Euro how much longer?

CEO
Old 06-25-04 | 03:53 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Different people, different strokes. I`m not here to advocate one way over the other. Just to present another option.
I do not pay labor, so for me choice is easy. On the other hand I would NOT sell you a bushing job comercialy at dealership settings, only whole ctrl arms. CSI, warranty and such BS doesn`t permit that.

I got my springs, I think I will complete job next week

Last edited by EUROJulian; 06-25-04 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-25-04 | 07:30 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

keep up the great work julian!!
Old 06-26-04 | 08:04 AM
SCV8
Instructor

I hear 'ya, just didn't wan't to see alot of owners get too excited about something that was going to wind up costing them $$$ in labor,only to have realized it could all have been fixed at once, that's all.
I had some solid bushings in my car for about a year until I could rationalize the $4-500 for control arms, again, using my own labor.
Old 06-26-04 | 06:30 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

I hear 'ya, just didn't wan't to see alot of owners get too excited about something that was going to wind up costing them $$$ in labor,only to have realized it could all have been fixed at once, that's all.
What made this thread going was people here on CL expressing their concerns with aftermarket bushings, both D. and Aussie.
I would say market for bushings was well developed before this thread and people were instaling Aussie and urethane bushings for years now.....
Old 06-29-04 | 07:07 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Default Is that Lexus stuf or what!

Hi gents. Good news as expected. It is official now.

I instaled my ctrl arms with `97 bushings today in `92 SC4. It was drop in fit. No problems whatsoever.
Car rides incredibly with new stuff. Only after I removed ctrl arms I saw how battered were old bushings only after 90k miles on good Florida roads.

As I said in earlier posts, rear bushing was redesigned and beefed up, so it should last this time and it is well worth the money. Thank you Lexus!
Old 06-29-04 | 08:17 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Nice! Good job!...got pics?

CEO

Quick Reply: Per request - pics of Lexus front bushings - Courtesy EuroJulian