Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Per request - pics of Lexus front bushings - Courtesy EuroJulian

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-04, 11:28 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm sure there are several, but Todd ("doublewhoosh" on CL) has done several SC's (he has owned and raced one, too). Do a search on his name and you'll see he knows his bushings, and has been very helpful to CL members in the past.

The web site of his shop is http://www.tmengineering.net . If you are anywhere near Carson, CA that's where to go!

Last edited by PERRYinLA; 07-21-04 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-21-04, 11:39 AM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by RADSC
eurojulian,
Now that you have new front bushings, and lowered your car with eibachs, have you aligned the car?
Is there enough camber correction (to stock specs)?

Oh yeah, are there bushings for the rear control arms?

thanks

I have eibachs, and kyb's and no alignment issues. in fact I have almost 0 neg camber
Old 07-21-04, 11:49 AM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Originally posted by PERRYinLA
I'm sure there are several, but Todd ("doublewhoosh" on CL) has done several SC's (he has owned and raced one, too). Do a search on his name and you'll see he knows his bushings, and has been very helpful to CL members in the past.

The web site of his shop is http://www.tmengineering.net . If you are anywhere near Carson, CA that's where to go!

I have not been to either but I have heard only good things.

Todd even helped me out on a sunday. Good support from him.
I have the daizin bushings and I recommend them.

although it looks like the stock rubber bushings are a bit cheaper.

I don't know how you could not like the ride because most people looking into bushings .....are on bad lower bushings. so how could they really know. ??
Old 08-07-04, 04:55 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by nextlevelcoupe
you hit the nail on the head! that bushing looking like a big washer(for lateral movement) was not installed and the controller arm just moves back and forth. i had daizen bushings in there previously so, that eliminated the need to keep that "washer bushing", my old mechanic threw it out.... do you know the part # for that item? i need that to correct this problem. should i change the bushings i just pressed in or are they salvagable at this point(it's only been about 2 weeks)? one more thing, could you be a bit more specific about the directional bushing and how it is supposed to be installed (in detail)
............................thanks for any and all info!
i just recieved those missing parts...(this applies to those who have daizen bushings and would like to change over to the stock bushing setup... these are essential!) these parts are called stoppers and they control lateral movement.- if missing, there will be problems!!!! the part #'s are 48657-24020...
i will post a pic when i get the chance.

btw, this thread that eurojulian started should be a sticky in this (suspension) section....

Last edited by nextlevelcoupe; 08-10-04 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-12-04, 01:44 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

are the rear bushings available seperately??
Old 08-12-04, 08:18 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

it seems like i have no other choice but to have either the daizen camber kit bushings or vlamos bushings installed to clear up my rear end noise. the dealer told me they do not offer any other alternative at this time...
Old 08-14-04, 10:58 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

will these bushings work on 93 sc300?
Old 08-15-04, 08:04 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Vlamos will. I just ordered the full set of Vlamos bushings. I currently have the Vlamos front lower bushings installed, and they made a world of difference. I am now about to install the upper front, upper rear, and lower rear control arm bushings in my car. I will take pics, and I will let you know the before and after.

Ryan
Old 08-15-04, 10:31 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Old 08-16-04, 10:06 AM
BAZ
Pole Position

Sounds great ryan.....im leaning towards getting ALL the vlamos bushings.....any probs ordering from ozzie land? how much? how long?.....did you do the steering rack bushes? piccys plz ....

baz.
Old 08-16-04, 10:14 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Yes I did the steering rack bushes as well. I don't have pics of the original install. I will have of the new install.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 08-16-04, 12:48 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SC400T
Yes I did the steering rack bushes as well. I don't have pics of the original install. I will have of the new install.

Thanks,

Ryan
How hard of an install were the steering rack bushes? Is this possibly as a DIY job? I mean for an above average backyard mechanic with most any tool you could name?
Old 08-16-04, 01:17 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

If you do not know what you are doing, I recommend you have it done by a qualified tech.

Ryan
Old 08-16-04, 02:00 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SC400T
If you do not know what you are doing, I recommend you have it done by a qualified tech.

Ryan
Not trying to be funny or argumentative dude but that tells me absolutely nothing. I said for your "ABOVE average backyard mechanic" with almost every possible tool you can name. Did you do it yourself or take it to a shop because the job requires a press or something special like that? If it's anything within the realm of a normal everyday repair my friend and I can do it with no issues, he's the mechanic and I'm the helper. Like I said, he's well above average and I haven't had a job yet that he didn't do with the utmost of quality and care. So I ask you again, is anything special required to replace the steering rack bushes? We're taking off my lca's soon to have those bushings replaced as well, we just don't have a press to put the new bushes in....we're not a couple of kuckleheads with some hammers and wrenches...so far we've changed the timing belt, the radiator, the fuel filter, a full tune up, replaced the MAF, replaced the alternator, replaced the main drive belt, etc. None of this was extemely difficult...

My guy is better than any tech I've come across yet....

Last edited by mikeloc24; 08-16-04 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-16-04, 02:41 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mikeloc24
Not trying to be funny or argumentative dude but that tells me absolutely nothing. I said for your "ABOVE average backyard mechanic" with almost every possible tool you can name. Did you do it yourself or take it to a shop because the job requires a press or something special like that? If it's anything within the realm of a normal everyday repair my friend and I can do it with no issues, he's the mechanic and I'm the helper. Like I said, he's well above average and I haven't had a job yet that he didn't do with the utmost of quality and care. So I ask you again, is anything special required to replace the steering rack bushes? We're taking off my lca's soon to have those bushings replaced as well, we just don't have a press to put the new bushes in....we're not a couple of kuckleheads with some hammers and wrenches...so far we've changed the timing belt, the radiator, the fuel filter, a full tune up, replaced the MAF, replaced the alternator, replaced the main drive belt, etc. None of this was extemely difficult...

My guy is better than any tech I've come across yet....
No offense intended, or taken. We (I have a highly qualified tech- certified ASE, and NSX repairs as well), did it ourselves. No pressing required to replace the steering rack bushes. Press is definitely required to replace the LCA bushes, or any other control arm bushes.

Hope that helps...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400T; 08-16-04 at 02:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Per request - pics of Lexus front bushings - Courtesy EuroJulian