Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Per request - pics of Lexus front bushings - Courtesy EuroJulian

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-04, 07:13 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Per request - pics of Lexus front bushings - Courtesy EuroJulian

Many people in this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=121627 requested to see pics of the front bushings EuroJulian had in hand. I agreed to post them for him. I DO NOT HAVE the necessary information (part numbers, etc.) to obtain these parts. Please direct all questions to EuroJulian.

And let's try to keep this thread civil and open, so OLT doesn't have to lay the smack down.....

Old 06-01-04, 07:19 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Thanx man!

As I said, I will post more info after completing the job, time permiting. I should get SOP-ed rear ones tommorow...
Old 06-02-04, 11:07 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Default again it begins...

Originally posted by EUROJulian
I will post more info after completing the job, time permiting

Last edited by mikeloc24; 06-02-04 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-02-04, 02:05 PM
HotBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did they fit in there ok ? I don't really know what I'm looking at as I've never seen my bushings. ( I don't need to see em to know they're bad trust me )
Old 06-02-04, 02:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,414 Posts
Default Re: again it begins...

Originally posted by mikeloc24
Mike - any continuation of the childish and rude behaviour of many folks in the previous bushings thread will NOT be tolerated any longer. Either don't contribute to the thread or be constructive from this point forward please.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-02-04 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-02-04, 04:42 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: again it begins...

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Mike - any continuation of the childish and rude behaviour of many folks in the previous bushings thread will NOT be tolerated any longer. Either don't contribute to the thread or be constructive from this point forward please.
Dave, let me begin by saying I'm never rude nor do I enter childish posts, but I get your point nonetheless which is why I stopped posting on the previous bushing thread once I saw it was getting out of hand.

I called every dealer in Florida and no one knows what the heck I'm talking about, they say nothing has changed in terms of them selling "only the complete control arm."

As a side note, it really doesn't matter what I say as he will most likely take offense to anything I post, be it supportive or constructive. Check the pattern.
Old 06-02-04, 04:45 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Thanks Mike. Julian and I have corresponded extensively as well about the conduct and that thread and he also understands that will not continue.

He might be slow to give the detailed information, but give him a chance to produce it and contribute to our forum. Sometimes dealer education is slow. I've also asked some other trusted parts sources that work for Toyota/Lexus to help track down details if it exists or not.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-02-04 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-02-04, 06:24 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Since the "other guy" is alredy posting the numbers, only half of it and wrong on the top of that, ( exact thing I was trying to avoid here ...) I may as well post numbers so you do not get runned alround at the dealers.
Numbers checked out OK, and since today I have both sets of bushings in my hands.

Info on bushings: Bushings are made for `97 and up SC there are two different bushings front and rear, with different numbers:

Front: 48654-24040

Rear: 48655-24050

I`m not posting my list prices since it is up to particular dealers in your area. Front ones should go alroud $50 a piece. rear ones alround $60.

Important to know for owners of cars made before `97. I will check the fit of the bushings on my ctrl arms and post the findings sometimes later. Any of the unpatient crowd is ordering those on their own risk at this point.

Front bushings look the same like ones in my ctrl arms, rear bushing are redesiged, made to be much stronger. It APPEAR that prospect of fitting in pre `97 are good, I will keep you posted.............

Edited June29 `04:
It is official EURO mod now. Those bushings work great in all SCs, `92 to `00. Enjoy

Last edited by EUROJulian; 06-29-04 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-02-04, 07:35 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool

gadgetSC-t
Old 06-03-04, 09:56 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by EUROJulian
Since the "other guy" is alredy posting the numbers, only half of it and wrong on the top of that, ( exact thing I was trying to avoid here ...) I may as well post numbers so you do not get runned alround at the dealers.
Numbers checked out OK, and since today I have both sets of bushings in my hands.

Info on bushings: Bushings are made for `97 and up SC there are two different bushings front and rear, with different numbers:

Front: 48654-24040

Rear: 48655-24050

I`m not posting my list prices since it is up to particular dealers in your area. Front ones should go alroud $50 a piece. rear ones alround $60.

Important to know for owners of cars made before `97. I will check the fit of the bushings on my ctrl arms and post the findings sometimes later. Any of the unpatient crowd is ordering those on their own risk at this point.

Front bushings look the same like ones in my ctrl arms, rear bushing are redesiged, made to be much stronger. It APPEAR that prospect of fitting in pre `97 are good, I will keep you posted.............
Now THIS is much more useful info. My main question was to be if these bushings were aquired from a Lexus dealership and they were indeed for the front LCA of the 92 SC3 then why would there be any question of them not working? and thusly why would we have to "wait for information?" But now I see that it's because these are not for the 92, but for the 97.....but that it may be possible for them to work in the 92's as they look similiar. If this was stated to begin with then I believe most of the crapola from the previous thread could have been avoided.

Glad to see we're now back on the right track, which is working together to come to a solution to this bushing dilemna that WE ALL are going through And just for FYI purposes, list price on the front bushes are $38.95 here in Beverly Hills, if you can get them for list. That's a HELUVA lot better than new LCA's or going the Daizen route.

Last edited by mikeloc24; 06-03-04 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-03-04, 11:17 AM
HotBoy
Lead Lap

Is the $50 or $60 is that each or is that like $50 for the 2 for the front L and $50 for the front right 2 or would it be $50 each. Also as I am doing supra LCA's because of my ball joints how does this compare to the replacement supra bushings, cost wise.
Oh yeah good info man.
Old 06-03-04, 11:46 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

That $50 price is per bushing, and I believe you'll need 4 for the front (2 lower bushings on each arm). As for the ball joints I dunno, are you sure that the only way to replace the BJ itself is with an entirely new control arm? There's no way to get the BJ separately?

Costwise I'm not sure which way to go if you need both BJ's and bushings Can someone chime in and help?
Old 06-03-04, 01:42 PM
sc4canada
Lead Lap

finally this thing is going where it should have been going from the beginning nice to see you guys made up well at least not I agree with the point that if it was stated before none of that bull would have been said by both parties and also if someone already tried to fir 97+ bushings and didn't work it might have saved EURO the work.... Anyways thanks Euro i'm looking forward to this oucome.
Old 06-03-04, 06:03 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

I do not wish to go over my resoning agein in this particular thread gentlemen. Nothing changed from the last time I stated them.
Now, even with numbers posted we still wait for bushings to be instaled, to confirm the mod. Nothing really changed. Exept maybe that all parts are in my hand now. Grandma slow, but getting there.. eventualy. Lets leave this as is.

sc4canada, Nobody ever on this and any other sc forum tryed this bushings, that is new info I`m bringing. Even if info is seven years old in reality. I have car three weeks only though, so it is fast enough....

Last edited by EUROJulian; 06-03-04 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-03-04, 06:19 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Julian:

Any chance you have access to the TIS at work? I used to @ a lexus dealership -- downloading tech. documents as PDFs: can life get any better?

thanks again Euro.

I really enjoy the maturity level of club lexus -- a big thank you to the mods -- you guys make it happen.

JT

Quick Reply: Per request - pics of Lexus front bushings - Courtesy EuroJulian