Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Suspension Dillema

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-04, 11:47 AM
RADSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Dillema

My setup--
Illumina shock and springs suspension kit (supraTT)
18" rims with 40 profile

My dillema--
squeaking ----bad bushings
front tire balding

If i replace the bushings with the NEW lexus bushings of recent, will this correct the camber problem also?

Or, do i need to go with the daizen camber kit. My only concern here is the alleged ?squeaking? and ride quality.

Anybody with real experience with the daizen and oem bushings, please help.
Old 06-09-04, 12:26 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Suspension Dillema

Originally posted by RADSC
My setup--
Illumina shock and springs suspension kit (supraTT)
18" rims with 40 profile

My dillema--
squeaking ----bad bushings
front tire balding

If i replace the bushings with the NEW lexus bushings of recent, will this correct the camber problem also?

Or, do i need to go with the daizen camber kit. My only concern here is the alleged ?squeaking? and ride quality.

Anybody with real experience with the daizen and oem bushings, please help.
Replacing the bushings will not correct the camber problem, it will correct only the problems with squeaking (only if you replace with rubber and NOT urethane bushes) and alignment issues. When the bushes are shot it's difficult to properly align the car.

The camber kit should not affect ride quality at all, it will definitely handle your issue of premature tire balding (which is due to the car being lowered and having shot bushings).

Buy OEM bushings (do a search and read entire threads) and the camber kit and that should solve both of your issues. Or raise the car back up (which I doubt is an option). Good luck
Old 06-10-04, 12:54 AM
RADSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According MrJohnTran,:
The camber kit is actually ---modified bushings (they replace the bushings--you do not need to buy bushings and the camber kit). This is why I am asking if I replace with the new oem bushings available from lexus, will I be able to correct the camber (is there enough camber adjustment with the stock bushings?) or do I need to go Daizen camber kit and lose ride quality.

People have said in the past when replacing with new control arms, alignment improves obviously and so does adjustment of camber. I just wanted know by how much. The illumina drop is equivalent to the eibach NA drop.
Old 06-10-04, 10:41 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, gotcha. Well, that's super technical so I'd call TMEngineering to be sure.
Old 06-10-04, 10:54 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't think you lose ride quality with Daizen bushings. You GAIN ride quality with them.

I had some alignment issued and i got control arm bushings for both front and rear.
I used all the grease that came with the kit, and I have no squeeking issues and i've had the bushings on for more than 20k miles.
Not only these things allowed for the cambers to be adjusted back to factory specs they also improved overall handling characteristics of the car.

I swear by these things.