Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

comments on new toms front lower brace

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-04, 12:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Fisher503
When is someone gonna set up a group buy for Tom's Braces?
careful, only sponsors here can do GB

and personally, with the pricing of the tom's stuff, i think it might be hard to do
Old 07-23-04, 12:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Neo
Aw man. More $?

I could have bought that brace from kandy but being the **** person I am, I did not want the gray. I know it is underneath but If I'm going to pay more to swap out my TRD, I might as well get exactly what I want. Lucky for you Ed.

One day. I already have the rear ones. It is funny that we all did it in different orders.
ok i will be fighting for the same stuff with you then, neo
Old 07-23-04, 12:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by lexforlife
hey chris i was alittle bummed too with kandy told me it was grey but heck its underneath and it actually looks good for you can see the grey swing arms from the fender well very easily and i also figured one day i would just paint it red anyway but for the price kandy gave it to me for well under 3bills SHIPPED i overlooked the color but does it ever improve the behavior of the front end

AGAIN GUYS , THOSE RUNNING 19IN AND UP WHEELS AND WHO DRIVE FROM MODERATE TO AGGRESSIVE , THIS IS A MUST HAVE

sorry for the caps but i want to get this point across
and you are not doing much help here dude!
Old 07-23-04, 12:41 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
and you are not doing much help here dude!
just trying to be of some help oh btw henry i am sitting here right now with the rear end of my car in the air waiting for ups to drop off my toms rear lower control brace.. i will give some impressions after i put that on shortly..
Old 07-23-04, 12:57 PM
Fisher503
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Rominl I didn't mean it like that. Can any one talk one of our vendors into doing a group buy on the Braces. Is that possible?
Old 07-23-04, 01:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Fisher503
Sorry Rominl I didn't mean it like that. Can any one talk one of our vendors into doing a group buy on the Braces. Is that possible?
hhee no worry man, it was just a friendly reminder, no biggie at all

i remember talking to some shops before on the pricing of tom's stuff. don't wanna go into details, but group buy just seems to be hard. still worth a try though
Old 07-23-04, 01:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

just trying to be of some help oh btw henry i am sitting here right now with the rear end of my car in the air waiting for ups to drop off my toms rear lower control brace.. i will give some impressions after i put that on shortly..
ed i really hate you more and more... have the car up in the air waiting for the rear brace, what is that?! your front brace is already killing me, and now you telling me you going to give another review on the rear brace? boy, why people keep on talking about the final mods that i need for my car....
Old 07-23-04, 01:36 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 306 Likes on 185 Posts

AGAIN GUYS , THOSE RUNNING 19IN AND UP WHEELS AND WHO DRIVE FROM MODERATE TO AGGRESSIVE , THIS IS A MUST HAVE
So this is not a recommended mod for those of us who are more performance minded and have lighter 18 inch rims????
Old 07-23-04, 01:49 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Hameed
So this is not a recommended mod for those of us who are more performance minded and have lighter 18 inch rims????

you lost me on that one for i thought i was stating the opposite... with the larger contact patch it tends to encourage more movement within the front.. the solid one piece with the extra mounting point works real nice with the castor arms so your castor preset setting remains within its designed range and also adds strenght to the lower control arm mounting area..
Old 07-23-04, 01:53 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

ed i really hate you more and more... have the car up in the air waiting for the rear brace, what is that?! your front brace is already killing me, and now you telling me you going to give another review on the rear brace? boy, why people keep on talking about the final mods that i need for my car....
remember the old NIKE comm.. it said "just do it" .. you wont regret it in fact i now look for more battles (safely of course) to get that look of amazement on peoples faces when i sit on their bumper in every move , its like how the hell is such a big car moving so rapidly in the turns , and lane changes
Old 07-23-04, 03:21 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ok i will be fighting for the same stuff with you then, neo
You can have the rear pieces. We'll just duke it out for the front.
Old 07-23-04, 03:24 PM
Neo
The One

hey chris i was alittle bummed too with kandy told me it was grey but heck its underneath and it actually looks good for you can see the grey swing arms from the fender well very easily and i also figured one day i would just paint it red anyway but for the price kandy gave it to me for well under 3bills SHIPPED i overlooked the color but does it ever improve the behavior of the front end
Well, with Daizens, the rear Tom's and the UGOs up top, I already have a red theme going. The TRD is the only gray piece. My **** side just wouldn't let me do it. But then again, he did not offer it to me for below 3 either. Maybe people were not resposive at the higher price so you came in just at the right time.
Old 07-23-04, 11:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Neo
Well, with Daizens, the rear Tom's and the UGOs up top, I already have a red theme going. The TRD is the only gray piece. My **** side just wouldn't let me do it. But then again, he did not offer it to me for below 3 either. Maybe people were not resposive at the higher price so you came in just at the right time.
umm... cool, color scheme huh
Old 07-24-04, 03:19 AM
Neo
The One

umm... cool, color scheme huh
Well, unintentional. Just worked out that way.
Old 07-24-04, 06:05 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,373 Posts

lexforlife,

Did you have the TRD front LCB piece on your car before you added the Tom's?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-24-04 at 06:05 AM.

Quick Reply: comments on new toms front lower brace