Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

comments on new toms front lower brace

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-04, 08:20 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Dude, you already drove 110+ with me on the twisties on HWY152, last summer. It felt like nothing, but the L-Tuned suspension GS following us was white-knuckling it, just trying to keep up. You gotta get ALL the TOM's braces eventually. Stop kidding yourself. Resistance is futile !
AMEN bro.. TOMS all the way
Old 07-24-04, 10:30 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

okay henry and company hers my final assessment of the toms setup

ups (my best friend in brown) delivered my toms rear lower control brace at around 5:30pm (very late ) last night .. by 5:50 i had it installed and ready for some action .. install was one of the simplest i have done yet

my opinion on the whole toms setup from the front lower brace , 6 piece link set and rear lower control brace is GUYS , SPEND THE APPROX 1K FOR THE 3 PIECE SETUP it will transform you suspension and ride into a very very very capable auto bahn stormer .. whether you are running a decent shock spring setup or quality coilovers these pieces will allow the car to perform to its max

for those of you worrying about ride quality , with the addition of the pieces , my ride quality got better because less movement is in the subframes back to front so therfore completely allowing the dampers to do just as described , damper the road. their is way too much movement within the oem designed subframe areas and within the unibody which was designed to absorb the road ,not good for controlled high speed manuvers, the toms setup cures it 500% period...

its pricey the whole setup but grinning from ear to hear while sitting on those hopped up civics and bimmer 3 series tails is priceless (too me at least)

their you go henry , now i hope on mon you will be emailing steve
Old 07-24-04, 10:32 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: comments on new toms front lower brace

Originally posted by DaveGS4
lexforlife,

Did you have the TRD front LCB piece on your car before you added the Tom's?
Originally posted by lexforlife
This brace is worth every penny paid ,either new or used .. outperforms the trd brace hands down.. their are certain roads i drive on everyday and know how my car behaves , since putting this brace on friday these same roads have brought a HUGE smile to my face
I vaguely remember that he did, plus I assume he had to have had it in order to make the above statement.
Old 07-24-04, 10:45 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

lexforlife,

yes i had the trd brace before which i sold earlier this month.. the toms brace is bigger stronger and makes the whole front assembly more unitized.. feels just like the bimmers i used to race with (man some times i miss my e32 snitzer tuned and dinan prepped e34) but lexus rules now
Old 07-26-04, 02:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lexforlife,

yes he had the trd, read the first post again
Old 07-26-04, 02:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by lexforlife
okay henry and company hers my final assessment of the toms setup

ups (my best friend in brown) delivered my toms rear lower control brace at around 5:30pm (very late ) last night .. by 5:50 i had it installed and ready for some action .. install was one of the simplest i have done yet

my opinion on the whole toms setup from the front lower brace , 6 piece link set and rear lower control brace is GUYS , SPEND THE APPROX 1K FOR THE 3 PIECE SETUP it will transform you suspension and ride into a very very very capable auto bahn stormer .. whether you are running a decent shock spring setup or quality coilovers these pieces will allow the car to perform to its max

for those of you worrying about ride quality , with the addition of the pieces , my ride quality got better because less movement is in the subframes back to front so therfore completely allowing the dampers to do just as described , damper the road. their is way too much movement within the oem designed subframe areas and within the unibody which was designed to absorb the road ,not good for controlled high speed manuvers, the toms setup cures it 500% period...

its pricey the whole setup but grinning from ear to hear while sitting on those hopped up civics and bimmer 3 series tails is priceless (too me at least)

their you go henry , now i hope on mon you will be emailing steve
god..... now tears are literally coming out of my eyes.... i guess after all these, spending the extra money is needed..... sigh.... but man, i don't think this is going to happen until later, i have got way too much stuff on my hands now
Old 07-26-04, 07:29 PM
kpuri
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no worries, rominl
I will buy your TRD setup for the right price.