Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

comments on new toms front lower brace

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-04, 01:54 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up comments on new toms front lower brace

i was trying to resist posting about my pleasing exp after the install i did of the toms front lower brace.

this brace i was able to purchase from kandygs400 (a exceptional guy and highly rated seller here). the brace was in the silver color which is fine by me

This brace is worth every penny paid ,either new or used .. outperforms the trd brace hands down.. their are certain roads i drive on everyday and know how my car behaves , since putting this brace on friday these same roads have brought a HUGE smile to my face .. the brace has eliminated any and all movement in the front end .. it appears when leux designed this car , the front eng cradle or crossmember where the lower control arm mounts was designed to move somewhat to cushion the ride , not good for perf speed demons like myself.. the 2 links that this brace provides works in harmony with the castor arms restricting any movement within this area PERIOD..cornering has become flatter , much flatter .. driving over irreg in the road bring no distortion or steering kickback like how bmw's feel .. very firm.. ride has gotten better because the whole front end is working as one ..

This piece is a must do for those of us who drive aggressive and for those who are running larger wheels and tires due to the larger contact patch on the roads .. this brace will make your front end track 100% better, it will distribute the load of cornering forces throughout the front susp components instead of sways doing more work then the shocks/springs and control arms etc.. imo much better for the overall feel and longevity of the susp components.. everything feels connected and tight (does not affect ride in the least)

i also purchased the toms rear lower brace , should get that next week (i hope )

their is a big price diff between the trd and toms , but it is worth it and was designed to be worth it as a single piece with the 2 links
Old 07-14-04, 02:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

gosh, so i have to change mine out now? dmanit @_@
Old 07-14-04, 02:27 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

henry, trust me it really makes a huge diff in the way the front end behaves , no sugarcoating
Old 07-14-04, 05:06 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. The Tom's lower front brace is a must have. Rom just never believed me because I never had the TRD on for comparison.
Old 07-14-04, 08:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

no, i just don't wnat to believe it coz' that makes me spend more money..... @_@
Old 07-15-04, 02:35 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
no, i just don't wnat to believe it coz' that makes me spend more money..... @_@
Dude, you already drove 110+ with me on the twisties on HWY152, last summer. It felt like nothing, but the L-Tuned suspension GS following us was white-knuckling it, just trying to keep up. You gotta get ALL the TOM's braces eventually. Stop kidding yourself. Resistance is futile !
Old 07-15-04, 12:29 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Dude, you already drove 110+ with me on the twisties on HWY152, last summer. It felt like nothing, but the L-Tuned suspension GS following us was white-knuckling it, just trying to keep up. You gotta get ALL the TOM's braces eventually. Stop kidding yourself. Resistance is futile !
And the last ones for me, the 6-link set, are sitting in my garage waiting for install. Perhaps next week.
Old 07-15-04, 12:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by redgs4
And the last ones for me, the 6-link set, are sitting in my garage waiting for install. Perhaps next week.
and you stole that away from me!

gosh, this is not good....
Old 07-15-04, 01:08 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

hey red .you are really going to like how your car is going to feel with the 6pc links.. really makes to rear operate as a single unit like how the bmw do it

its funny i am doing the reverse , i have the 6pclinks and am waiting for the rear lower control brace to get here next week to put on

the toms stuff are well made and well thought out and a must have for moderate to very aggressive drivers like me .. it will put a smile on your face everytime ,, no BS

Last edited by lexforlife; 07-15-04 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-15-04, 03:38 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're gonna like the RLCB too! It made a big difference on my car for example on a certain high speed sweeping uphill freeway onramp (around 80mph or so) there are a few dips and bumps and the car feels much more "settled" going through with the rear chassis brace!
I'm looking for the front brace now too so I'll have the complete set except for the 6 link. Good to hear the positive report on the front brace, thanks!
Old 07-15-04, 06:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

note to self: do not read this thread again, these guys are all killing me...
Old 07-15-04, 06:55 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lexforlife
hey red .you are really going to like how your car is going to feel with the 6pc links.. really makes to rear operate as a single unit like how the bmw do it

its funny i am doing the reverse , i have the 6pclinks and am waiting for the rear lower control brace to get here next week to put on
Well, I certainly hope to feel an improvement. For me the lower front brace made a big difference. I added all the others at the same time so the car was much more rigid/stiff but I'd have a hard time telling you about a specific improvement.
Old 07-23-04, 10:36 AM
Fisher503
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When is someone gonna set up a group buy for Tom's Braces?
Old 07-23-04, 10:58 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Aw man. More $?

I could have bought that brace from kandy but being the **** person I am, I did not want the gray. I know it is underneath but If I'm going to pay more to swap out my TRD, I might as well get exactly what I want. Lucky for you Ed.

One day. I already have the rear ones. It is funny that we all did it in different orders.
Old 07-23-04, 11:08 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Neo
Aw man. More $?

I could have bought that brace from kandy but being the **** person I am, I did not want the gray. I know it is underneath but If I'm going to pay more to swap out my TRD, I might as well get exactly what I want. Lucky for you Ed.

One day. I already have the rear ones. It is funny that we all did it in different orders.
hey chris i was alittle bummed too with kandy told me it was grey but heck its underneath and it actually looks good for you can see the grey swing arms from the fender well very easily and i also figured one day i would just paint it red anyway but for the price kandy gave it to me for well under 3bills SHIPPED i overlooked the color but does it ever improve the behavior of the front end

AGAIN GUYS , THOSE RUNNING 19IN AND UP WHEELS AND WHO DRIVE FROM MODERATE TO AGGRESSIVE , THIS IS A MUST HAVE

sorry for the caps but i want to get this point across

Quick Reply: comments on new toms front lower brace