Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Drop thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-04 | 04:21 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default Drop thoughts

Okay guys, I am thinking...only thinking of dropping it a little. One inch only. No more. Whats the best set up. Seems to me for 1 inch, all I would need to do is change the springs. Probably also change the shocks though 1 inch might not make it necessary to do so. I don't think I need coilovers for a 1 incher. Don't think I'll need camber adjusters for a 1 incher.
You guys are the experts. Here it is. Whats best for a 1 inch drop? Be gentle with me. It's my first time.
Old 07-22-04 | 08:08 PM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Eibachs and go with new shocks while your at it. KYB, Tokico or OEM (KYB). I just installed my new setup this evening with a friend of mine. Eibach springs and new Toyota struts and I'm sooooo happy. Nice drop, and a great ride.
Old 07-23-04 | 05:45 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Talking Finally reggie...

Go with eibachs and tokico shocks as mentioned earlier..I feel you will be happy with the height and the ride..You shouldn't have any camber issues, but if you do there always is daizen there to fix the problem...
Old 07-23-04 | 05:47 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Drop thoughts

Originally posted by reggiek
Okay guys, I am thinking...only thinking of dropping it a little. One inch only. No more. Whats the best set up. Seems to me for 1 inch, all I would need to do is change the springs. Probably also change the shocks though 1 inch might not make it necessary to do so. I don't think I need coilovers for a 1 incher. Don't think I'll need camber adjusters for a 1 incher.
You guys are the experts. Here it is. Whats best for a 1 inch drop? Be gentle with me. It's my first time.
reg , i am in tears this morning..

imo for your purpose eibachs will do just over a inch but def do tok 5 way adjustables for the eibach while they are basially comfortable , off a stiffer spring rate then stock so with matching them with tok 5 ways you can adjust the damper front to rear for your driving taste.. front set alittle stiffer then the rear for better handling and the rear for ride control but with this now comes the need for a set of the daizen sways , with better control believe it or not comes imo better ride comfort. afterall reg, you have rode in space mountain (opps , i meant in my car) and you yourself have stated even though the bilstein sports shock are really firm and with all the bracing the car was still very comfortable

another option that i will do when i do get my sc 300 is the jdm espeliger (i hope i spelled it right) springs which will offer a almost oem spring rate for comfort but a progress rate springs , they will drop alittle more then the eibachs but coupled again with the tok 5 ways adjustables , you're done