Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Serious Brake Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-04 | 05:54 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
You might be able to actually measure the offset (center bore hole to outer edge of lip or something?).

As for disk fitment, that's fairly easy to see. Why don't you post pictures of the front rim? Looking along the car, and show lip, spoke angles, etc. I'd say generally if the spokes don't curve out from the center a fair bit before going back into the edge of the rim, they're probably not very high clearance.

Also, do you know the brand and rim size/width (I asume you do) - if so, maybe you can find the offsets the rim was/is offered in (I'm assuming it wasn't a custom rim).
LOL Bit. You should know me better then to not know the type of wheels I have and what not. I'm not THAT big of a wheel/brake newb. ...But I greatly appreciate all your help and time you've given.

I will take some pictures of the front rim tomorrow. These are I-Forged Flux rims. 19x8 front and 19x9.5 rear. I have tried contacting them on numerous occasions concerning the situation and have received no response.

I will check in tomorrow with some pictures.

Thanks again,
Anthony
Old 09-12-04 | 07:52 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anthony, if you have any questions about Rotora brakes, let me know... I speak with the guys over at Rotora on a regular basis...
Old 09-12-04 | 08:09 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Cool Anthony.

Originally posted by Captain Bone
19x8 front and 19x9.5 rear. I have tried contacting them on numerous occasions concerning the situation and have received no response.
VERY uncool of i-Forged! I also bought my rims 'used' and I learned HREs have a unique serial number engraved in each rim. So I gave HRE (our cool friend Bob on here) my serial number to make sure I had enough clearance for big brakes (because Bob says HRE tests lots of brake kits with the rims!) and got an answer right away.

Maybe i-Forged rims also have a serial number on them?
Old 09-12-04 | 08:31 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Anthony, if you have any questions about Rotora brakes, let me know... I speak with the guys over at Rotora on a regular basis...
Thank you. I may be in contact with you in the near future.

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Cool Anthony.

VERY uncool of i-Forged! I also bought my rims 'used' and I learned HREs have a unique serial number engraved in each rim. So I gave HRE (our cool friend Bob on here) my serial number to make sure I had enough clearance for big brakes (because Bob says HRE tests lots of brake kits with the rims!) and got an answer right away.

Maybe i-Forged rims also have a serial number on them?
I am in contact with Derrick (D2Autosport) as he is a vendor of I-Forged and he is helping me try and get some more information on my wheels. Hopefully we can find something along the way such as the serial number.

-Anthony
Old 09-13-04 | 05:33 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

if you want ill measure my rotora bbk kit.. its not on the car yet.. so i will just meeasure form inside of rotor to outside of caliper..
will this help ya out?
Old 09-13-04 | 09:23 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 00lexondub
if you want ill measure my rotora bbk kit.. its not on the car yet.. so i will just meeasure form inside of rotor to outside of caliper..
will this help ya out?
Thank you for your offer but it won't be needed. The amount of generosity in this thread is amazing.

I contacted Steve and he told me that if I have 2.5mm from the closest part of the caliper to the spoke then it will fit. If not, then a 5mm spacer will do.

I can now officially say I know the verdict.

Thank you everyone for your help and patience.

-Anthony
Old 09-17-04 | 01:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah there should hopefully be some numbers at the back of the wheels that will have info on the offset and stuff

however, i already saw 2 cases of iforged wheels (don't get me wrong, it's just facts) with no info there there were no way of knowing offset, etc...