Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need help with Daizen sways

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-04, 09:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by FutureGS400
When you say the "stiffest setting" -what hole on the sway bar did you use to attach the link?
i believe it's the one furthest away from the end of the sways. the idea is to disable flex as much as possible?
Old 10-11-04, 09:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by redgs4
Each exhaust is different. Some exhaust systems clear the Tom's brace with the resonators in place - the Tom's is the first that comes to mind. As to whether or not your exhaust will hit one or more parts of the 6-link kit, that again is an answer that varies by exhaust as each manufacturer has selected different points to place curves in the pipes and different mufflers with varying inlet points. The only way to know is to try it or ask someone who has tried it.
yes that's correct, i was more saying from general point of view. from the exhausts i have seen so far, the 6 links just dont' like most of them, haha
Old 10-12-04, 11:14 AM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
i believe it's the one furthest away from the end of the sways. the idea is to disable flex as much as possible?
Yes, that was what I thought too- due to the lever action of the end of the sway bar, it will be more resistant to twist or flex if it is "shorter" by using the first hole.
Old 10-12-04, 11:41 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update:

I finally let my hair down and pushed it a little more yesterday. Didn't go out there on the ragged edge at the Dragon or anything, but pushed it a little on the way home.

MUCH MUCH better. Now the rear end feels like before, planted. No more squirrels!!!!

I'm still thinking seriously about the Toms RLCB anyway. If it makes it even better than this w/o compromising the ride.......it's probably worth it then.
Old 10-12-04, 12:30 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 322 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally posted by jmecbr900
I'm still thinking seriously about the Toms RLCB anyway. If it makes it even better than this w/o compromising the ride.......it's probably worth it then.
Just give in and get it bro! I have it on my car (not the same comparison to yours obviously), but my car feels very planted.

You can get it here - http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=444
Old 10-12-04, 12:35 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Hameed
Just give in and get it bro! I have it on my car (not the same comparison to yours obviously), but my car feels very planted.

You can get it here - http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=444
Thank you.
Old 10-12-04, 12:36 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 322 Likes on 197 Posts

Thank you.
Hey I have to promote that site you know!
Old 10-12-04, 12:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Update:

I finally let my hair down and pushed it a little more yesterday. Didn't go out there on the ragged edge at the Dragon or anything, but pushed it a little on the way home.

MUCH MUCH better. Now the rear end feels like before, planted. No more squirrels!!!!

awesome and yes, just go and get the last piece of stuff done man
Old 10-12-04, 01:47 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

jamie

i would agree with the others , you will feel the rear is firmly planted... i upsized the rear tires to 285/30 and wow what a diff in rear end stability and driving comfort i gained not to mention a very pronounced rear stance..

henry did you get your front toms piece yet ,,, Ya know need it and Ya know you want it

Last edited by lexforlife; 10-12-04 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-12-04, 08:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by lexforlife
jamie

i would agree with the others , you will feel the rear is firmly planted... i upsized the rear tires to 285/30 and wow what a diff in rear end stability and driving comfort i gained not to mention a very pronounced rear stance..

henry did you get your front toms piece yet ,,, Ya know need it and Ya know you want it
dude ed, i should never talk to you again! when i didn't have the rear, you kept on telling me to get the rear. now i have the rear, you keep on telling me to change the front as well.

gosh, what's next damnit!
Old 10-13-04, 05:09 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
dude ed, i should never talk to you again! when i didn't have the rear, you kept on telling me to get the rear. now i have the rear, you keep on telling me to change the front as well.

gosh, what's next damnit!