Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

The Drop

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-04, 07:30 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Now *that's* the way it should be done!

Good job man. Love to see properly executed mods on SC's.
Old 10-07-04, 03:31 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default The Drop

After my first full day of a properly lowered car, here's my thoughts.
The car feels a little floaty...well the steering does at least. It could be an improper alignment. I'll take it to JMLexus to get it re-done to make sure. Could just need to settle some. The ride is better than stock. It's still got some luxury feel but a little stiffness too. I can toss the car around too. The springs were okay but I always felt like I was driving on eggshells....being careful. Now I hit the gas and go. Hard to judge the springs because I had the wrong ones. I'm sure the coilovers are better than if I had the right springs.
I just wanna finish by saying if you can afford it, get the coilovers. Get someone who knows what they're doing to install. The guys at Larry's Tire are experienced. They measured the car before. Then jacked it up about 10 times until they got the height I liked and they felt was right for my car. We compromized with each other a little.
In closing I want to say Johnee, Adrian, Ed, Al, Eric...thanks. You all knew what you were talking about. I'm not accustomed to taking advise. I usually give it. I took yours and I'm happy with it.
Old 10-07-04, 03:36 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The Drop

Originally posted by reggiek
I'm not accustomed to taking advise. I usually give it. I took yours and I'm happy with it.
The mark of an adult and wise person. My father always says, "you learn something new everyday IF your willing to listen"!!!

Car looks great, and as others have said it will settle. In my experience, it seems as if its the rear that settles, moreso than the front.

You made the right choice, plus you have options, if you go with different sized wheels, or change tires, yadda yadda.

Enjoy!
Old 10-07-04, 04:13 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The Drop

Originally posted by reggiek
After my first full day of a properly lowered car, here's my thoughts.
The car feels a little floaty...well the steering does at least. It could be an improper alignment. I'll take it to JMLexus to get it re-done to make sure. Could just need to settle some. The ride is better than stock. It's still got some luxury feel but a little stiffness too. I can toss the car around too. The springs were okay but I always felt like I was driving on eggshells....being careful. Now I hit the gas and go. Hard to judge the springs because I had the wrong ones. I'm sure the coilovers are better than if I had the right springs.
I just wanna finish by saying if you can afford it, get the coilovers. Get someone who knows what they're doing to install. The guys at Larry's Tire are experienced. They measured the car before. Then jacked it up about 10 times until they got the height I liked and they felt was right for my car. We compromized with each other a little.
In closing I want to say Johnee, Adrian, Ed, Al, Eric...thanks. You all knew what you were talking about. I'm not accustomed to taking advise. I usually give it. I took yours and I'm happy with it.
How much did they charge and where are they located?
Old 10-07-04, 04:29 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: The Drop

Originally posted by boobstar
How much did they charge and where are they located?

Larry's Tire is at 4771 N Powerline Rd 954 491-5411
It cost $275 plus $80 for alignment. Some members thought that was high but it's comforting to know they are experienced. I saw them do a full slam job on an Integra. That's what the kid owner wanted, to the ground. It couldn't be properly aligned as is. They added shimms to the suspension to get it aligned. Spent hours on it. Didn't charge the kid one dime more. Wouldn't stop til they got it as close to perfect as they could. The kid has to buy parts to get it perfect but it was amazing to see.
They showed me pictures of an SC430 they lowered. In 02...before aftermarket suspension kits were available. They took the whole car apart but got it done. They have pics of benzos, bimmers...everything they've lowered. Larry is a fanatic about getting it right. Check him out.
Old 10-07-04, 04:33 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: The Drop

[QUOTE]Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT

You made the right choice, plus you have options, if you go with different sized wheels, or change tires, yadda yadda.

Thanks D,
I see 20's in my future....

Last edited by Ice350; 10-07-04 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-07-04, 05:04 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks great!
Old 10-09-04, 10:53 AM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reggie is finally LOW, world peace can't be far behind. I see at some point you took my advice about tint, the Platinum paint, dark windows and drop make a nice combo, good work Reg.
Btw now that you are dropped watch your front spoiler, pic 2 is cutting it close.
Old 10-09-04, 02:52 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

reggie congrats on your coils and THANK GOD for noo more teaser pics j/k car look great bro ......and indio where have you been ???
Old 10-09-04, 03:14 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default drop

Originally posted by Indio
Reggie is finally LOW, world peace can't be far behind. I see at some point you took my advice about tint, the Platinum paint, dark windows and drop make a nice combo, good work Reg.
Btw now that you are dropped watch your front spoiler, pic 2 is cutting it close.

Yeah man, I see you don't visit the boards often. I guess you're a busy man. Yeah, you guys were right about a lot of things, wrong about some others.
Good thing we all have good taste in cars. Hope to see ya soon.