Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Broken rear TRD Race sway bar!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-04, 07:46 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken rear TRD Race sway bar!!!!!!

I have my car in for it's 366000 km service today and my car is hoisted up. latley I noticed that my car just did not feel as tight as it was but did not really give it a second thought. Anyway I noticed that my sway bar was actualy cracked in half, yes that is right the TRD Blue Race sway bar was broken, anyway guess I'm gonna have to put the Daizens back on tommorow. Oh yeah BTW the TRD Blue sway bars are hollow in the rear. I will have pics tommorow...
Old 10-26-04, 08:06 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

thats crazy i wonder what caused that. ima go check under my car tomorrow
Old 10-26-04, 10:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hahhahaha this is hilarious man, this is the first time i hear the whole sway broken, not the end links. you must have hit something really hard man
Old 10-27-04, 01:58 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rominl
hahhahaha this is hilarious man, this is the first time i hear the whole sway broken, not the end links. you must have hit something really hard man
Maybe its just me but I don't see the humor in laughing at someone else's misfortune.

Sorry to heat about that! Best of luck finding a new one! BTW where abouts are you in Canada?
Old 10-27-04, 02:04 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally posted by herragge
BTW where abouts are you in Canada?
He is in Calgary or thereabouts....

Where are you in Canada? I live in Oakville, Ontario. 30 mins from Toronto.
Old 10-27-04, 02:32 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It is not unheard of for sway bars to break, especially hollow ones. They normally break at or near the bends, as this is where there is the most "weakening" of the material during the manufacturing process.
Old 10-27-04, 02:52 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Hameed
He is in Calgary or thereabouts....

Where are you in Canada? I live in Oakville, Ontario. 30 mins from Toronto.
Wow, its nice to have a CL member close by! I live 1 hour away from Calgary and my very first LX470 was bought from lexus stampede. My second LX and SC430 however were bought from edmonton. Maybe me and Navaz will have to meet up one day....I was wondering where his location was because he mentioned monsterhorsepower.com and they are local in calgary and have worked extensively on mkiv supra's as well as lexus vehicles.

Sorry if we're gettin off topic navaz!
Old 10-27-04, 05:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Hilarious? I would say not, Henry. This could have caused an accident.

Anyway, he says he has *366* thousand kilometers on the car or about 227000 mi. I calculate. That's a bunch and things can break. Plus it's so freakin' cold in Alberta in the winter that maybe the bar died from metal fatigue!
Old 10-27-04, 05:37 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rom...thats not cool....i dont think you'd appreciate someone laughing at you if any of your mod broke.

Navaz....you got any pics of the broken part? I wanna see.
Old 10-27-04, 08:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

man ok, my bad, apology. i didn't really mean to make it funny, i just found it so amazing coz' this is the firsrt time for me that's all
Old 10-27-04, 08:56 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

man ok, my bad, apology. i didn't really mean to make it funny, i just found it so amazing coz' this is the firsrt time for me that's all
You're allowed one insensitve post every 16,000. It's all good.
Old 10-27-04, 09:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by bitkahuna
You're allowed one insensitve post every 16,000. It's all good.
well no, to me that's bad already, specailly others feel so. i read my post again and it was indeed not good. so my real apology

now on the other side though, i wanna know how it feels when you drive with the rear sways broken, whereas the front is so much more aggressive setup.
Old 10-27-04, 10:56 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

No problem laugh all you want, that is what I did at first. I still cant belive that it broke, without even bending the link. I still dont know why it broke or when it has not even got that cold here in Calgary yet. I have only had those bars on for 50000 km oh well. I just swaped them with my daizen bars they are allready on my car. I was gonna take pics of the broken bar, but I forgot it at Stampede Lexus I will do it when I pick up the bar later. I guess I know why my car has been feeling loose lately, and a lot of understeer!.

Last edited by Navaz; 10-27-04 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-27-04, 11:02 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

Oh yeah, about monsterhorsepower.com Reg has done work on my car like an ECU reprogram while on his dyno. 287.3 RWHP N/A
Old 10-28-04, 01:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Navaz
No problem laugh all you want, that is what I did at first. I still cant belive that it broke, without even bending the link. I still dont know why it broke or when it has not even got that cold here in Calgary yet. I have only had those bars on for 50000 km oh well. I just swaped them with my daizen bars they are allready on my car. I was gonna take pics of the broken bar, but I forgot it at Stampede Lexus I will do it when I pick up the bar later. I guess I know why my car has been feeling loose lately, and a lot of understeer!.
yeah i can definitely imagine the understeer part, must be very hard to drive considering the size of our cars. glad that you have a set of daizen around so you can swap it out soon

Quick Reply: Broken rear TRD Race sway bar!!!!!!