Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Disable ABS on SC

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-04, 04:05 PM
drnkcarlos
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help Disabling ABS on SC

Thursday I went to a track day and got lots of seat time drifting the Soarer, I was having some issues with the ABS. While mid drift, pulling the side brake(e-brake) to help correct my angle, the ABS started spazzing out. this made it really hard to try to get the front of the car to set which almost caused me to crash multiple times. (ironic how something thats supposed to help stop the car safer actually hinders your stopping ability). Now this only happens when using the sidebrake to correct or for long slides, but this is unacceptable if it mean the car will not perform reliably for me everytime.

I'm looking for any information to disable the ABS on Soarer/SC300/400. Now before you say SEARCH... I did... there is no information other than pull the fuse. Sounds simple enough, its what most 240 owners do to disable their ABS. That would be nice except for the fact that there appears to be 2 fuses located in the engine bay and one of those is bolted in. Do both of these need to be removed? Will this really disable the ABS?

So if anyone has any information on how to effectively disable the ABS please let me know.

Last edited by drnkcarlos; 11-14-04 at 07:58 PM.