Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What's needed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-01, 04:38 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to drop my SC, but in the winter time I would need to raise it back to stock height and I don't want to lose much of the smoothness of my ride. I'm willing to get my car re-aligned everytime i adjust the height, that's not a problem.

I've read that the TEIN CS and the Apex WS are my best bets. Does anyone know how hard it is to adjust the height on these? Any experiences/reccomendations with these coilovers? I'm only looking to drop an inch (I will be running on 18's). Will I have to get the camber adjusted?

this would have been much easier if Toyota would have released the adjustable air shock system in the USA's SC's. oh well. Thanks for any input.

Last edited by hellasboy; 05-04-01 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-05-01, 06:40 AM
donnshev

Default suspension

im in japan and i got a soarer v-8 gt ltd which came with the air suspension. to get the car even lower you have to buy a air suspension controller and wiring harness about 500 dollars. its worth it for looks, but the air suspensions handling is really poor. take a look at the members gallery that is my car under username donnshev
Old 05-05-01, 07:31 AM
wolfy187
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, I didn't know that we had any japanese members. I mean from japan. would you be willing to aquire, certain, well products for some other club members? i know some people want things that are in Japan but have no way of getting it here.

Arthur

Ethan:...business opportunity
Old 05-05-01, 09:47 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

From the Land of Toyota....

I'm really glad to see a member from Japan, also any member abroad....

Great opportunity to get some amazing products...perf. products, body kits, audio, wheels, clear corners, etc...

Enjoy the site...

Thomas
Old 05-08-01, 07:23 AM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Welcome donnshev and all international members as well!
I'm w/ wolfly and Ikon. ANything you'd be willing to do to get parts from Japan would be great!
Old 05-12-01, 01:51 AM
donnshev

Default parts

i would be more than willing to help some people get some parts for there cars. You have to take into consideration that shipping will not be cheap. i could send you some of my old japanese magazines that have japanese exclusive parts just like the bomex kit on the cars in the sc gallery. that is my car with the license plate that reads Y 2-59. For example the kit i could get for about 850.00 us dollars. anything else you heard of or would like i can research it for you. I just don't want to be burned by anyone, by purchasing parts and they don't pay up, if anyone knows how this can be prevented let me know and i will be more than happy to help you. email me directly donnshev@m-net.ne.jp
Old 05-12-01, 02:01 AM
donnshev

Default parts

sorry when i meant the kit, i mean the front bumper, side steps, and the rear skirt pieces. the wing on my trunk i had custom made. my exhaust system is made by RSR and i'll tell you it sounds really well. the big thing here in japan now is putting deep dish rims on thier luxury cars. I'm talking about for the rear 18x12 or 13 inch on the rear and about 10 inch wide on the front. on my car i have 17x9 (255r17/35) on my rear and 17x8(235r17/40) on my front. i can lower my car all the way in the rear tucking my tires without scraping my sidewall. i wanted to put deap dish rims but to have my fenders flared out and repainted is expensive here. parts are cheap here though. thanks again
Old 05-12-01, 02:06 AM
donnshev

Default rear skirt

in the pics i don't have the rear skirt pieces on but you can see it on the other other soarer a couple of pics after mine.