Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Trd Sways Or Tt Sways...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-05, 09:11 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, right now.......i only got the trd sway for the rear.....but not the front.
maybe i will have to look for tt sway for the front? i think it shud be alright.......i just want better handling....
Old 01-12-05, 10:55 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by morris
Your right in what you are saying but if we follow that logic no one needs FI or coilovers either.

These are all things we like to have and I dont know about you but I can definitely feel a difference with the upgraded swaybars. I

ts not really about what we need is is?
I know what you mean, but coilovers and FI aren't the same as sways. On a 12 year old car there's better ways to spend your money, unless your car is already back to showroom new. Like for instance all these people that were clamoring over the
Do-Luck floor braces...I just laughed because I thought to myself, "half of these people are running on completely stock engines...why are they breaking their necks to get frickin' floor braces??" Like I said earlier, I don't throw my car into high speed turns...and the few times I do my existing sways work just fine.
Old 01-12-05, 11:53 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
I know what you mean, but coilovers and FI aren't the same as sways. On a 12 year old car there's better ways to spend your money, unless your car is already back to showroom new. Like for instance all these people that were clamoring over the
Do-Luck floor braces...I just laughed because I thought to myself, "half of these people are running on completely stock engines...why are they breaking their necks to get frickin' floor braces??" Like I said earlier, I don't throw my car into high speed turns...and the few times I do my existing sways work just fine.

Yea I follow you, maybe I just drive like a maniac

And I thought that Do luck thing was pretty interestng myself. I couldnt stop thinking why?
Old 01-12-05, 05:24 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Friends don't let friends drive stock.
I got my TT sway/suspension parts because my new larger(9.5",8") wheels and tires needed to be stiffer to match, and to still handle/ride like a stock Supra.
I also failed to see the huge benefit of the floor brace.
Old 01-12-05, 11:54 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by indypwr
well, right now.......i only got the trd sway for the rear.....but not the front.
maybe i will have to look for tt sway for the front? i think it shud be alright.......i just want better handling....
pat be careful with this. If you do only the rear bar (47% stiffer than stock) and keep the front stock, youll be getting an incredible amount of oversteer. If you got the bar you talked to me about, try to get rid of it on supraforums and just pick up both bars from where you were talking about. I said it a few times and ill say it again...thats an INSANE deal.
Old 01-12-05, 11:58 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

i feel you on the floor braces...personally id rather not have them because if ever i had a passenger back there theyde end up kneeing me in the back because the bar is on the floor where their feet should go.
you can still have fun with a stock motored car (albeit not so much) if the roads are twisty enough, the suspension is stiff enough and youve already worked up enough speed to have fun (safely that is). With that said...on the topic of sway bars working finefor the few spirited turns...mine just werent enough
Old 01-13-05, 09:30 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just enjoy having a car that handles up to MY liking. To do so- I installed sways. It definitly stiffens the car and gives me much more confidence in my cars ability to handle conditions that I enjoy putting my car through.
Old 01-13-05, 10:24 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rscott
i feel you on the floor braces...personally id rather not have them because if ever i had a passenger back there theyde end up kneeing me in the back because the bar is on the floor where their feet should go.
you can still have fun with a stock motored car (albeit not so much) if the roads are twisty enough, the suspension is stiff enough and youve already worked up enough speed to have fun (safely that is). With that said...on the topic of sway bars working finefor the few spirited turns...mine just werent enough
It's all good, if people want to get beefier sways that's their right, go ahead. Just for me personally, there's better stuff I can buy for my car right now. Stuff that I feel I'd get more use out of. Like a new power steering pump!
Old 01-13-05, 10:35 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

It's all good, if people want to get beefier sways that's their right, go ahead. Just for me personally, there's better stuff I can buy for my car right now. Stuff that I feel I'd get more use out of. Like a new power steering pump!

yeah youre right i gueeeeess but who cares if youre leaking a pint of fluid a week. At least it will be fun to drive!

yeah you should bring that GB thread back up and remind them about mentioning the PS group buy. i need one too
Old 01-13-05, 10:39 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

yeah youre right i gueeeeess but who cares if youre leaking a pint of fluid a week. At least it will be fun to drive!

yeah you should bring that GB thread back up and remind them about mentioning the PS group buy. i need one too
Dude, power steering pump...oil pan gasket...rear main seal....I need it all...modding has been put on hold until I can get all that crap fixed. I got hella things dripping on my whip!!
Old 01-13-05, 10:44 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

my valve covers too.
the rear main seal costs $20, its the labor thats $$$
Oil pan gasket too probably. Valve cover gaskets we can do in maybe an hour or so in my garage if you need to do those(if you have an sc300, i dont rember. if its a 400 youre on your own mike) . Those are priority on my list since they keep leaking oil into my plug galley.
you might also want to check the distributor o-ring. Mine leaks oil onto the alternator.
Old 01-13-05, 10:51 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

my valve covers too.
the rear main seal costs $20, its the labor thats $$$
Oil pan gasket too probably. Valve cover gaskets we can do in maybe an hour or so in my garage if you need to do those(if you have an sc300, i dont rember. if its a 400 youre on your own mike) . Those are priority on my list since they keep leaking oil into my plug galley.
you might also want to check the distributor o-ring. Mine leaks oil onto the alternator.
I did the valve covers back in the summer of 04', did the distributor o-ring a few months prior to that. Yep, I have a 300. heh heh. I decided I didn't even want to try to DIY with those repairs (oil pan and rear main) so I went to a shop I know and got a quote of $550 to fix them both if I get both jobs done at the same time. I'd prefer a shop do this crap because I dont like messing with tranny's, not at all...the mechanic is really good and I've been dealing with the shop for years and years. I have mucho faith in the quality of his work, plus that piece of paper (warranty) is always good to have.
Old 01-13-05, 12:48 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

my distributor o-ring is leaking a little bit.....
do you guys ever change your oil level like once a week? i check mine all the time and
the level does not seem to decrease at all. i guess that's a good thing....eh?

as far as other leaks, i dont think i have any major ones.....the car just feels slugish though.
i mean, i alrdy reached 180,000 miles a few days ago and still runs ok. i think it's just the
cylinder head and fuel injection that needs major cleaning and rebuilding....bottom end shud
be fine.
Old 01-13-05, 01:26 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

the car is a boat. dont forget that. Also it doesnt have all the power it could have expecially after so many miles. My oil gets low mainly because of the rear main seal and the valve covers. The o-ring is only a few drops every now and then.

Theres a few things people have used to clean. Search on both of them. I believe they both work great. The first is a vacuflush type of thing where they pull a vacuum from the intake mani to a bag with cleaner in it to clean out carbon deposits. I did this on my supra and the inside of the intake mani was very clean afterwards. ALso, ive heard seafoam is great. I dont know whats in it but it works by you filling the TB with it and just idling the car. Ill look into that one more and get back to you.

PS. pat give me a call when you get a chance. I have to work tomorrow so i dont think we can meet like we were supposed to
Old 01-13-05, 01:31 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

the car is a boat. dont forget that. Also it doesnt have all the power it could have expecially after so many miles. My oil gets low mainly because of the rear main seal and the valve covers. The o-ring is only a few drops every now and then.

Theres a few things people have used to clean. Search on both of them. I believe they both work great. The first is a vacuflush type of thing where they pull a vacuum from the intake mani to a bag with cleaner in it to clean out carbon deposits. I did this on my supra and the inside of the intake mani was very clean afterwards. ALso, ive heard seafoam is great. I dont know whats in it but it works by you filling the TB with it and just idling the car. Ill look into that one more and get back to you.

PS. pat give me a call when you get a chance. I have to work tomorrow so i dont think we can meet like we were supposed to
ronald, yes i will call you for sure this sat and we can meet up.
yeah, i heard about that seaforam stuff...does it really work? i heard you will see some blue or gray smoke coming out of your car while doing this and if you use a lot, something might go wrong...i dont know. where do you get such stuff anyways? let's both try that stuff if it rlly works, eh.....

Quick Reply: Trd Sways Or Tt Sways...