Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Trd Sways Or Tt Sways...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-05, 01:50 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by indypwr
my distributor o-ring is leaking a little bit.....
do you guys ever change your oil level like once a week? i check mine all the time and
the level does not seem to decrease at all. i guess that's a good thing....eh?
Dude Pat, I check my oil damn near daily. The level never seems to change even though I have the oil-drips on my driveway constantly. I even carry a spare quart of Mobil 1 in the trunk just in case it ever gets too low. I do know I have to add coolant every few months for some reason. I'll get the stupid rear main and oil pan fixed in a month or so I guess. The car is still driveable, it's just a little messy if left parked for a long time.
Old 01-13-05, 02:17 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mike, when you change or check your oil is it ever milky? If it is, the following information will make you cry. Youre losing coolant because its leaking into the oil. You my friend, have a blown headgasket.

if not disregard that message.

look for leaks along the coolant lines. It should be a sealed system and you really shouldnt be losing any
Old 01-14-05, 11:52 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rscott
mike, when you change or check your oil is it ever milky? If it is, the following information will make you cry. Youre losing coolant because its leaking into the oil. You my friend, have a blown headgasket.

if not disregard that message.

look for leaks along the coolant lines. It should be a sealed system and you really shouldnt be losing any
Nah, HG is fine...oil isn't milky at all. I think it's seeping out from under the water pump, like perhaps the damn gasket isn't sealing properly. I cleaned off my water pump and chiseled off a good amount of crud and dried coolant. I checked again last night and I see a fresh red drip of coolant near the WP gasket. Oh well...
Old 01-14-05, 12:09 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

time for a water pump too?
Old 01-14-05, 02:06 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Mine is less than 8 moths old. I just put it in around the summer of 2004. The thing is the pump, gasket, and thermostat were riding around in my trunk for a month until I had time to get it installed. The gasket had some small bends in it from jumbling around in my trunk. My mechanic who installed the pump and thermostat said the gasket was fine, but that I shouldn't let it bumble around in my trunk because it's not supposed to be bent (it was actually bent prior to me receiving it, bent during packaging and shipping). So I'm wondering if one of the bends is the reason for the leak? Is that a possibility?
Old 01-14-05, 08:12 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

yeah a bend can easily cause a leak. should get a new one...or if you can pinoint the spot, you can do it the messy way and use some kind of liquid gasket around the edges.
Old 01-18-05, 12:56 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rscott
yeah a bend can easily cause a leak. should get a new one...or if you can pinoint the spot, you can do it the messy way and use some kind of liquid gasket around the edges.
Dagnabit!! And the WP is a helluva lot of work to change. I'd hate to do it the cheapie way and use the liquid gasket but I seriously am not trying to have my car down for a whole day again over this.
Old 01-19-05, 06:53 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know for some, price is an issue with the Daizen sway bars but Daizen sways are 98% stiffer over stock and has 3 settings for the rear sways and comes with bushings. Most people who don't need to drop their cars this would almost eliminate the need for stiffer springs or shocks.