Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Trd Sways Or Tt Sways...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-05, 02:04 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trd Sways Or Tt Sways...

help guys! im trying to decide which one to get. i got quoted for used tt sway bars for 120.00 shipped but i also got an excellent deal on TRD sways for 199.99!!!

what shud i get for my budget and for a daily driven car?
Old 01-07-05, 05:07 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

you're going to need the rear subframe mounts also pat...so add at least another $75 or so on there..

i have TT sways, the rears are a big difference, the fronts are almost identical. So save yourself the labor if you're going with the TT sways and only change the rears...

Last edited by ACleanSC4; 01-07-05 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-07-05, 06:24 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
you're going to need the rear subframe mounts also pat...so add at least another $75 or so on their..

i have TT sways, the rears are a big difference, the fronts are almost identical. So save yourself the labor if you're going with the TT sways and only change the rears...

tks tony.....
Old 01-08-05, 09:55 AM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the diazen's installed, but its pouring in Socal for another few days.. no time to review/recommend them, can't rip around corners in the rain.

As for daily driving, you ONLY notice sways when you turn, does not affect driving in a straight line... so it shouldnt matter, if you like tight corning or the adjustable over/understeer, get the tighest ones you can find.
Old 01-08-05, 03:01 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think I'd want anything more than the TT bar in back, but in the front however, a larger bar would be nice.
I'd avoid the TT front bar, interchange books list it being the same as n/a, or stock SC.
Old 01-08-05, 04:13 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

I just ordered Cusco sway bars, I'll let you know how they feel once I get them and they are properly tested

-Josh
Old 01-08-05, 04:23 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Ii have the TRD sways they are wonderful, the car is very tight wehn cornering, I am very satisfied with them.
Old 01-09-05, 10:27 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

tks guys for the advice........i think i would try to trd sways for the rear and see how it handles.
im pretty sure it would be a great mod...........
Old 01-09-05, 12:15 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by indypwr
tks guys for the advice........i think i would try to trd sways for the rear and see how it handles.
im pretty sure it would be a great mod...........
Swaybars come in matched sets, if it were me I wouldnt try to mix and match them.
Old 01-09-05, 12:15 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just a swaybar opinion here-

I installed Daizens a few days ago- the nice part about the daizens is the adjustability! However, at the oversteer setting I can make my rears sing a little to easily. I now need some more rubber in the rear...

I added the sways to a car rolling on the Tokico/ Espelir set up and I have been pleased thus far by the outcome. The car already handled much better than stock, and now really feels confident entering turns and exiting through the Apex... I have yet to break the rear end all the way loose- but once I do, I will let you know how the car behaves.

If it were up to me, I would go with the TRD sway, simply for the upgraded front bar also-
Old 01-11-05, 11:56 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by indypwr
what shud i get for my budget and for a daily driven car?
Neither Pat. As a daily driver you don't need beefier sways. If you're not taking your car to some track to race the hell out of it then don't bother, spend your money elsewhere. This whole sway bar thing is driving me nuts. People think they NEED these things when they don't. It's something that in 99% of "daily driving situations" will never come into play. How often do you throw your car into high-speed turns in the city? Me? never...I also never intend to take my car to a track...sways would be a complete waste of money if there's no racetrack in your life.
Old 01-11-05, 12:16 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Neither Pat. As a daily driver you don't need beefier sways. If you're not taking your car to some track to race the hell out of it then don't bother, spend your money elsewhere. This whole sway bar thing is driving me nuts. People think they NEED these things when they don't. It's something that in 99% of "daily driving situations" will never come into play. How often do you throw your car into high-speed turns in the city? Me? never...I also never intend to take my car to a track...sways would be a complete waste of money if there's no racetrack in your life.
Your right in what you are saying but if we follow that logic no one needs FI or coilovers either.

These are all things we like to have and I dont know about you but I can definitely feel a difference with the upgraded swaybars. I

ts not really about what we need is is?
Old 01-12-05, 12:11 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

having driven with stock suspension + stock sways, eibachs + stock sways, and eibachs + TT front sway, i think i can without any "butt dyno" kind of analysis that the TT sways are noticably stiffer than stock. I took the drive down sunset from the 405 right behind UCLA after each suspension mod and each was noticably different. Even with just the front bar on there was a noticable difference. The car is more stable through the turns and bottoms out less over the unexpected potholes.
The diameter of the front bar and the shape of the bar are identical, but the wall of the bar itself is thicker. I think the TT bars are both 17% stiffer than stock or something similar. Id recommend the TT bars at the very least to anyone who even ever occasionally like to take the least bit of a slightly spirited turn.
Old 01-12-05, 12:26 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

What's wrong with the Daizen sways?
Old 01-12-05, 12:35 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

price tag.

Quick Reply: Trd Sways Or Tt Sways...