Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Suspension on Passenger Front higher than Driver's front

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-05, 02:59 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suspension on Passenger Front higher than Driver's front

I noticed that my passenger side front suspension sits up higher than my driver's side suspension. Now my car was in an accident with the previous owner and I really didn't notice this until a couple months later. (Its hard to tell unless you are on perfectly level surface. The side of the car that was hit is the passenger side (new fender and passenger door). It sits about 1" or 2" higher than the driver's side.

So here's what I'm thinking. the suspension was somehow damaged on this side and it was replaced with a different type that happens to sit higher. (I know my car wasn't fixed at the highest end body shop). I looked for some type of labeling on the front suspensions and coulnd't find anything and I'm not really sure what else to do to check it.

Later on I started wondering if somethign else is misaligned and that could be the problem to why my car sits the way it does, something was bent and not put back the way it was.

My car rides find, drives perfectly straight and the fron end looks fine when inspected, no abnormal things other than that, if the suspension sat 1" to 2" lower it would look like a new SC would in terms of alignment and everything being level etc.

Would anybody know if it could be ANYTHING other than suspension and still drive fine. Because if it coulnd't then I will just buy 1 replacement shock for $40 and put that on to see if that fixes it. I want to get some toyiko lowering shocks & springs eventually but I want to make sure this isn't a bigger problem.

Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-24-05, 07:07 PM
Bryan858
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring replaced?

Does the spring on the passenger side look new or replaced? If it has been then its probably still settling but even then all the other spring are probably older and possibly sagging so this could cause a slight difference in ride height... At any rate you can always get coilovers and just adjust the fronts individually to get the car to sit the way you want it to.. I would make the drivers side slightly higher just to compensate for my weight because I usually drive solo in my car anyway... hope this gives you some ideas... good luck with your car buddy... Bryan
Old 01-24-05, 07:43 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea soon I'm going to go for a full suspension/spring replacement. Not sure what I'll go with but I'm sure that side's been replaced now, its either the wrong size somehow or its just too new. I think it sticks up too high to be just that the others are sagging so I think it is somehow just too long?? Not sure how that happened but oh well, i have an excuse for new suspension now!